Was Mardy Fish right or wrong? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Mardy Fish right or wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy75 View Post
He was wrong. He always is.
I agree. I am really disappointed he's such a sore loser.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
country flag LastRocket

LastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond reputeLastRocket has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is wrong for life.
Fish is fried. How this mug got into the top 10 is a mystery

Last edited by LastRocket : 03-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.
LastRocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #18
country flag oncourtfan

oncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond reputeoncourtfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
is there a video for this?
uploaded full episode with Mardy talking

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpf...lls-2012_sport

Last edited by oncourtfan : 03-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.
oncourtfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #19
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Ebden had a play. He probably still wouldn't have made it, he probably wasn't hindered by the call, but Fish's call was way too early, and so the umpire's decision was correct.

I can understand Fish not being happy, it probably was a winning shot from him, but don't be a dumbass, wait for the ball to be clearly dead before making any sort of call like that.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #20
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is an idiot. No surprises the guy is panicking as he knows his ranking is doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when Fish trimmed down, lost all those kilos and started winning? He was the talk of the town. Seems like a lifetime ago.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why did he even yell c'mon no sense of timing what so ever, what a Mug.

And he was wrong.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #23
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stserveace View Post
Mardy Fish down a set and break point at 4-4 in the 2nd hits a fantastic short cross court volley. As his opponent sprinted to the ball, and just before contact, Mardy yells "come on!" assuming he won the point. Ebden, his opponent immediately looks to the umpire to replay the point. The umpire agrees with Ebden and calls for a replay of the point due to obstruction. Mardy approaches the umpire to argue that his "come on" did not effect the outcome of the point. As always the umpire does not change his mind and tells Mardy that the rules state you can not yell out prior to the point being completed.

As we all remember this is very similar to Serena Williams last year at the US Open.

I watched the point 3 times and every time I feel Mardy called out too early. Ebden had a play on the ball and whether he would have made it or not is irrelevant. The rules are the rules. I have to agree with the umpire on this one.

I'm sure Mardy is more mad at himself today. He should know better then to yell out before the point is over.

What do you think? Was Mardy right wanting the point awarded to him or was the umpire correct?
Fish was wrong, but your memory of the point is incorrect also. It wasnt breakpoint, but 40-40. And umpire didnt replay the point, he gave it to Ebden.AFTER that Fish had to save breakpoint, which he lost. Mardy argued with umpire, he hoped to replay the point, but umpire said it was deliberate hindrance and Ebden won the point.

Fish playing mindgames was pretty stupid, because he knows rules as well as umpire.I´m pretty sure he got hindrance call before, every player experienced it (if not as pro, as kid/junior it happens more often )

It doesnt matter what Ebden would have done with ball without Mardys scream. The very moment Fish shouted , the point was over, what happened later didnt matter at all.
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
country flag NicolasKiefer44

NicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond reputeNicolasKiefer44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy75 View Post
He was wrong. He almost always is.

He was wrong here, he was wrong to call Gasquet a "fag," he was wrong when he instigated conflict with Dimitrov (he was just mad that he was losing), he was wrong when he instigated conflict with Mathieu, and he is wrong everytime that he gossips about another player.

Fish is a truly miserable human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
Remember when Fish trimmed down, lost all those kilos and started winning? He was the talk of the town. Seems like a lifetime ago.
When did he call Gasquet a "fag"? And why? It was malicious?

He slimmed down and didn't add any muscle. I saw him in Cincy and it was bizarre how thin he looked. Yet everyone raved he was in shape now. I thought he looked fragile.

** TEAM KIWI - NicolasKiefer44, Kezzi, Clashcityrocker, Catchie, EnriqueIG8- TEAM KIWI **
NicolasKiefer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #25
country flag stanch

stanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond repute

WRONG!
I used to like Mardy a lot, he was one of my favorites. This is one of the reasons I completely changed my mind...
stanch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #26
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Fish was wrong, umpire was right. It was a hindrance because regardless of whether you can't get the ball or not, you can't celebrate until the point is over. Should have kept his mouth shut, but then again, he's American .
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #27
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

He seems to acknowledge his mistake and admit it at least.

From press conference.

Q. Do you think there is any kind of irony there is the hindrance call when people call out, Come on and so forth, but the shrieks and grunting in the game from some of the other players are incredibly loud and can't really tell...
MARDY FISH: Fortunately we don't have that too much on our tour. We don't have to worry about it too much.
No, I certainly was in the wrong, but it was an honest mistake. I mean, it was just‑‑ I thought I hit a good shot, and it wasn't good enough, I guess.

Q. Does the chair umpire have the rules flexibility to say...
MARDY FISH: He does. I think he does.

Q. That's not my reading of it. It's different with the slams and the ATP.

Q. There's not too much leeway in there.

MARDY FISH: Yeah. Okay. Well, he has a right to say whether he thought I hindered though, correct?

Q. Basically my reading of it says that if you intended to say come on, then that's a point penalty. It's not that flexible.
MARDY FISH: Okay. Well, he made it seem like it was the other way, that he was 100% sure that I had an effect on the shot. So that's fine. I think the rule is a little off, but it was my mistake.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #28
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Since it is unnatural for all MTF to agree on an issue, I'll have to say that Fish was right.

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #29
country flag Chris Waddle

Chris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond reputeChris Waddle has a reputation beyond repute

Mardy Fish and Andy Roddick might be nice people outside the tennis court, I have no idea. But their pathetic attitude against referees is just disgraceful, especially since they are wrong 90 percent of their arguments.
Chris Waddle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #30
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think someone that is arguing for something he clearly knows hes not right is good off the court, it almost feels impossible. He has to be the same in life.

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote