Was Mardy Fish right or wrong? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
country flag 1stserveace

1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Was Mardy Fish right or wrong?

Mardy Fish down a set and break point at 4-4 in the 2nd hits a fantastic short cross court volley. As his opponent sprinted to the ball, and just before contact, Mardy yells "come on!" assuming he won the point. Ebden, his opponent immediately looks to the umpire to replay the point. The umpire agrees with Ebden and calls for a replay of the point due to obstruction. Mardy approaches the umpire to argue that his "come on" did not effect the outcome of the point. As always the umpire does not change his mind and tells Mardy that the rules state you can not yell out prior to the point being completed.

As we all remember this is very similar to Serena Williams last year at the US Open.

I watched the point 3 times and every time I feel Mardy called out too early. Ebden had a play on the ball and whether he would have made it or not is irrelevant. The rules are the rules. I have to agree with the umpire on this one.

I'm sure Mardy is more mad at himself today. He should know better then to yell out before the point is over.

What do you think? Was Mardy right wanting the point awarded to him or was the umpire correct?
1stserveace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
country flag navy75

navy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond reputenavy75 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Mardy Fish right or wrong?

He was wrong. He almost always is.

He was wrong here, he was wrong to call Gasquet a "fag," he was wrong when he instigated conflict with Dimitrov (he was just mad that he was losing), he was wrong when he instigated conflict with Mathieu, and he is wrong everytime that he gossips about another player.

Fish is a truly miserable human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Garrett
This is about the 4th post you've made today.
navy75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly Ebden had a racket on the ball, Fish had no business arguing about the decision. If it had been a clear winner, then Mardy should've been awarded with the point - similar to line judge overrule.
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

He was wrong
Old 03-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
country flag Tepasaf

Tepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond reputeTepasaf has a reputation beyond repute

Fish was wrong.
To himself in general

DTT Title: Cincinatti 2013 w. randy72391
FITD Title: Vienna 2014
PAW Title: Vienna 2010
PAW Entry Ranking 69
Tepasaf is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy75 View Post

He was wrong here, he was wrong to call Gasquet a "fag," he was wrong when he instigated conflict with Dimitrov (he was just mad that he was losing), he was wrong when he instigated conflict with Mathieu, and he is wrong everytime that he gossips about another player.

this.

/thread
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
country flag 1stserveace

1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute1stserveace has a reputation beyond repute

He was wrong, I absolutely agree with everyone. Don't know what he was thinking screaming out like that. Was he trying to get into Ebden's head?? If so that back fired horribly.
Heat of the battle I guess you don't think straight. Im sure he was pissed at himself later in the day.

Not like he was winning that match anyways. Ebden was taking it to him but as we've seen if Fish had snuck out the 2nd set things could have turned as they did for Roddick in the 2nd round.
1stserveace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Sapoed's answer.....

WRONG.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Fish was wrong, his yelling out before the point had ended is obstructive and the ump made the right decision.
What his intentions were is irrelevant.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
country flag Riosreigned

Riosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond repute

He was wrong. Mardy Fish has a tendency to get very bratty when things don't go his way. It's understandable, he's human, tennis is a very hard game, lots of pressure and stress, a lot of players lose it and show an ugly side. Just many of the great ones no how to control it with so many people watching. Appreciate Mardy's honesty to let out his true feelings, instead of being a fake. Fans want to see drama controversy and strong emotions. Fish gave us a show at least. Tennis can be a crying game. Still love ya Mardy you were great in Davis Cup vs. Switzerland!!

When did he call Gasquet a fag??
Old 03-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+1
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
country flag timafi
Banned!

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I did not know about this one
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

is there a video for this?
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
is there a video for this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQE50tXIbdw&t=1m40s
Nixer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Ebden had a clear play. No debate he was wrong.

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote