My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Court" - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Murray gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal on COurt

Yes I entirely agree 10 34.48%
No way he is inferior to them 12 41.38%
Giving too much Respect to them is Obvious. He cannot escape that 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #46
country flag Sound2k10

Sound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Cour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Thanks for this, they always forget.
Tell me about it. Far too many people underrate the difficulty of the 1st grand slam, nevermind when you play Federer Federer Djokovic and have as much pressure on you as Murray.
Sound2k10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Cour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound2k10 View Post
Results and being good enough are two seperate entities.

And let's not forget how lucky Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were in their 1st Grand Slam:

Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.
Nadal gets Mariano Puerta, ranked 37th.
Djokovic gets Tsonga, ranked 38th.

Murrays gets anywhere near as much luck as them and he'd have 3+ slams by now.
Yeah the same Tsonga who beat Murray in the 1st round of the same tournament lol
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
country flag Sound2k10

Sound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Yeah the same Tsonga who beat Murray in the 1st round of the same tournament lol
You really don't get it, do you?

I'm talking purely about finals. Yes, Tsonga was playing very well, but the truth is he was ranked 38th in the world. Had Andy Murray gotten a player ranked 38th in the world in one of his finals, on form or not, he would have won.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #49
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You really don't get it, do you?

I'm talking purely about finals. Yes, Tsonga was playing very well, but the truth is he was ranked 38th in the world. Had Andy Murray gotten a player ranked 38th in the world in one of his finals, on form or not, he would have won.
not if that 38th ranked person would have beaten him in the first round
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #50
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
not if that 38th ranked person would have beaten him in the first round
Exactly. Tsonga was a hot young player pulling up the ranks. He played a superb tournament and also beat an in form Nadal. Also, Nole had to beat Federer to get to the final.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #51
country flag Sound2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Exactly. Tsonga was a hot young player pulling up the ranks. He played a superb tournament and also beat an in form Nadal. Also, Nole had to beat Federer to get to the final.
I think a few people don't actually understand what I've been saying.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #52
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle View Post
LMAO. He quickly forgot what he said in paragraph 1 and completely contradicts by paragraph 2. This is what drugs will do...
hahha i know it is incredible the dude says one moment that it's just about strength and talent in tennis as though that is to explain why Murray doesn't win on the big stage when Murray has strength and talent. he then mentions it's not mentality which is truly why the top players do so well. and then at the end he asks who you would rather have on a street fight, Djokovic or Murray, when obviously Murray would be the choice given he is bigger and stronger.... which contradicts his criticism for Murray. strange very strange.

as to this thread, Murray is not as good player as Nadal or Federer which explains why he feels inferior on court and somewhat meek. not surprising, if you're fire coming to a fight against water there is no reason to act too boastful or aggressive when it's pretty obvious you're going to lose

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #53
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
"My Say"?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #54
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
he didn't lose to Federer or Nadal in Indian Wells. He lost to Garcia-Lopez.

Murray didn't seem overwhelmed while beating Federer in the 2010 Shanghai final, or bagelling Nadal in Tokyo. He was cool as a cucumber. His problem doesn't come from his attitude towards other players, but from how he feels about himself.
true words, i totally agree!!

The bottom line andy hasn't won a slam is because he is not good enough.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #55
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think a few people don't actually understand what I've been saying.
You are saying Murray would've had far better chance beating Tsonga in the finals, than in the R1. Well, that's only an assumption... and it works both ways - if Murray met Tsonga in the finals, maybe Tsonga would have had one slam at least by now, possibly more.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #56
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

murray HAS won a slam

on top spin 4 (almost as good as the real thing)
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #57
country flag Gabe32

Gabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond repute

He just isn't good enough yet, I think. Also, he mentally collapses. I don't think it is because he gives too much respect to certain players. I think it is the whole weight of an entire nation(s) on his shoulders.

The guy folds like a Murphy bed. They should actually call it a Murray bed.
Gabe32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #58
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
This is exactly what happened to Nole these last years. He didn't believe he was as good as them so he unconsciously submitted to them. In 2008 he thought he would be the next number 1 and he played a fearless game, and was confident and brash enough to defy Federer on and off court, he had that young brash careless attitude. Showing too much admiration or respect is wrong.

Exactly.As i spoke to you earlier. Nole was very good talented and upcoming player. And i thought at that time that he would rule the Tennis world but somehow it didnt happen. So Nole exactly had the same problem that Murray is having now.

Honestly why should Murray even bother about what federer and Nadal have done in the past. And if you check out the pressers Federer clearly plays Mind games with Murray saying things like. Murray is improving. Murray has gone past that stage where he feels Grand Slams are all what defies a player. In someway he acts as if he is some kindof Mentor to Murray whereas by showing some "CARE" about Murray he clearly wants to continue as an agressor to Murray.Olderer looks Mentally weak against Nadal but clearly he does plays Mind Games.

If I was Murray i would retort back in a Presser. Federer YOUR ASS IS NEXT.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote