My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Court" - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Murray gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal on COurt

Yes I entirely agree 10 34.48%
No way he is inferior to them 12 41.38%
Giving too much Respect to them is Obvious. He cannot escape that 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Cour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound2k10 View Post
What evidence do you have of him not being good enough?
the results ?

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
country flag Sound2k10

Sound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Say " Andy Murray should stop giving too much Respect to Federer,Nadal on Cour

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Skywalker View Post
the results ?
Results and being good enough are two seperate entities.

And let's not forget how lucky Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were in their 1st Grand Slam:

Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.
Nadal gets Mariano Puerta, ranked 37th.
Djokovic gets Tsonga, ranked 38th.

Murrays gets anywhere near as much luck as them and he'd have 3+ slams by now.
Sound2k10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer gets Mark Philippoussis, ranked 48. His 2nd he gets Marat Safin, ranked 96th.

Well, Novak maybe got Tsonga, but you forget before that he had to beat Federer in the semis. Murray got Cilic and Ferrer in AO semis before his two finals, being more lucky that that would probably mean not facing a single top 10 on the way to the trophy. Not very likely
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #19
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

murray should develop a forehand that is more dangerous than that of a wta player.
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
country flag Sound2k10

Sound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond reputeSound2k10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Well, Novak maybe got Tsonga, but you forget before that he had to beat Federer in the semis. Murray got Cilic and Ferrer in AO semis before his two finals, being more lucky that that would probably mean not facing a single top 10 on the way to the trophy. Not very likely
I get what you are saying but Andy Murray still had to beat Rafael Nadal twice in two serperate majors, even if Nadal pulled out injured towards the end of one, he still had to be beaten. And more importantly, the finals are always going to be alot easier than the semi's. I think the ranking of the opponent in the final is alot more important than the players you face elsewhere in the draw.

Soderling beat Rafa at the French Open. Usually you would think that that feat would be deserving of the title, but he later faced Roger Federer in the final.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Andy Murray as not winning a set out of 9 in slam finals is criminal, but he has been unlucky in the quest for his first, and contrary to popular of belief he quite clearly IS good enough to win a slam(s).
Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
country flag Sound2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
murray should develop a forehand that is more dangerous than that of a wta player.
What, like your forehand?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

As for the ones who say that Murray is a defensive Player. Well the Best Results Murray has like his win over nadal in the US Open and Bagelling him in Japan or his wins over Djokovic and Federer, He has always taken the ball early and went for the opposition. His game is very tactical and he outsmarts his opponents and at the end of the point there is a killer forehand or a backhand waiting. This is his natural Game.

Outsmart the opponent tactically and then unleash a point Ending Forehand and backhand winner. He is no Defensive Player.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #23
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Soderling beat Rafa at the French Open. Usually you would think that that feat would be deserving of the title, but he later faced Roger Federer in the final.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Andy Murray as not winning a set out of 9 in slam finals is criminal, but he has been unlucky in the quest for his first, and contrary to popular of belief he quite clearly IS good enough to win a slam(s).
Yea, well, there are a bunch of other players who were far more unlucky - Roddick was within inches from winning Wimbledon; Murray is a great player, but to be honest, so far he wasn't even close to win a slam in his big matches, three finals and three blowouts.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Results and being good enough are two seperate entities.

And let's not forget how lucky Djokovic, Nadal and Federer were in their 1st Grand Slam:

silly. no luck man, skills. Djok played out of his mind at the AO 08. same with Rog and Nadal when they played their first majors. As much as I love Murray he is, unfortunately. not good enough... nothing to do with luck. I can only hope that he will get there, but it ain't gonna be easy if he has to go trough Nole, Rog or Rafa. He lost too many important matches to them. There is a good reason why the are multiple GS winners.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #25
country flag Sound2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
silly. no luck man, skills. Djok played out of his mind at the AO 08. same with Rog and Nadal when they played their first majors. As much as I love Murray he is, unfortunately. not good enough... nothing to do with luck. I can only hope that he will get there, but it ain't gonna be easy if he has to go trough Nole, Rog or Rafa. He lost too many important matches to them. There is a good reason why the are multiple GS winners.
I still don't see any reason for people saying he isn't good enough?

18 Months ago Djokovic wasn't good enough to win another slam and he looked to be a one-slam wonder. If Djokovic can propel his game to this level, there's no reason Murray can't, in terms of their game they are about equal. Djokovic does some things better than Murray, Murray does some things better than Djkovic (Serve, Volleying).

I'm not saying Djokovic was lucky, but had Murray gotten, Puerta, Tsonga etc. in one of his finals he'd have atleast one by now and probably more.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a rat's behind. He ain't good enough, regardless of any excuses. End of story.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Once he does that there is no reason he cant be a Multiple Grand Slam Winner.

He gives too much respect to Federer and Nadal. I have a feeling that once he steps on the Court with them he starts somehow playing submissively and below par.

Once he removes from his mind about the Aura of Federer and Nadal he can play onm equal terms with them and beat them on important stages of a Tournament, which has been his bane so far.
Thank you for your output. Murray is playing above his talent. He should return to futures.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

About Murray.

He has the game, this we know. He has wins over Fed, Nadal, and Djokovic over the years in various tournaments, mostly best of 3. His fitness and endurance really isn't a problem, I think he is up to the level of Nadal/Djokovic, but mentally, no way.

Sometimes it is good to be an asshole, at least in your game style. Aggressive, I don't give a fuck who is on the other side of the net type of mentality.

Djokovic for years was stuck at #3 in the world. Even back in 2006, Djokovic was talking about how beatable Nadal is on clay, being in control of the RG match in 06. Everyone thought he was crazy, but who's laughing now?

Murray does need to stop giving such respect, and start acting like the throne is his. Only in this way will he be able to get a slam, maybe get to #1.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #29
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

@all the fools trashtalking murray

murray is rising.....he finished playing his best slam of his career so far just few weeks ago.....watch him get better from now on.....losing matches to clowns at insignificant events is not a sign of hopelessness, it's actually a sign of where his focus is these days.....

he has won several masters 1000s, so the focus now lies elsewhere i.e., at the slams.....i don't think he will try too hard for miami either.....if he happens to find himself in a semifinal there, then he might fight for the title.....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nadal and Djokovic had to beat Federer in the SF of those slams(FO 2005 and AO 2008) when Federer was ranked #1.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote