Forum and Moderation discussions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forum and Moderation discussions

You can discuss your general thoughts and concerns regarding the forum as a whole here. This includes your thoughts about the use and accessibility of certain forums, how the forum is being run, moderation, admins/moderators, and anything else you'd like to get off your chest regarding MTF.

If you have anything you would like to say, please debate in a friendly manner and within the site rules.

Specific questions for moderators should be posted in the Ask MTF mods thread, while questions about incidents or infractions should be PM'd to a moderator or sent via email to askmtfmods@gmail.com. Specific suggestions should be posted in this forum as its own thread.
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forum and Moderation discussions

I think when a thread is made in the GM section and it proves to make for 'good, decent tennis discussion' and 'raises interesting views' between members. It should be moved to a sub-forum, inside the GM. Alongside the Off Topic and Doubles sub-forums there should be a sub-forum called, 'serious, debate and discussion' and two assigned moderators, may be Litoe if he agrees to it could be one of the ones using their their own discretion on which threads are moved.

I think it is an excellent idea, because too-many threads get lost amongst all the Nadal / Federer juvenile other crap.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 07-01-2014 at 03:07 PM.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
I think when a thread is made in the GM section and it proves to make for 'good, decent tennis discussion' and 'raises interesting views' between members. It should be moved to a sub-forum, inside the GM. Alongside the Off Topic and Doubles sub-forums there should be a sub-forum called, 'serious, debate and discussion' and two assigned moderators, may be Litoe if he agrees to it could be one of the ones using their their own discretion on which threads are moved.

I think it is an excellent idea, because too-many threads get lost amongst all the Nadal / Federer juvenile other crap.
Those threads will go there to die, same like when something gets moved to off topic. GM = maximum visibility
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Those threads will go there to die, same like when something gets moved to off topic. GM = maximum visibility
No. You misunderstand my point.

In GM, a good discussion will go to 4 may be 5 pages, before floating away to page 2, 3, 4 on the GM .....

Once a good discussion has taken place in a thread and it finally floats away, it can be missed by members whom arrive late to the scene. These members may have something interesting / valuable to add. If the thread however is stored in a more visible sub-forum of the GM section, then these late arrivals may be able to catch it.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, something like 'treasure trove'? Not a bad idea I guess
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
country flag Britophile
Banned!

Britophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond reputeBritophile has a reputation beyond repute

When will the moderation do something about the appalling bashing of certain players, calling them trash and pig? I never see any action being done regarding this matter.

The forum is so full of hating, insulting and slanderous posts that it's verging on being untolerable for a sane minded sportlover.

Why do the moderation let this to happen again and again and again?
Britophile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britophile View Post
When will the moderation do something about the appalling bashing of certain players, calling them trash and pig? I never see any action being done regarding this matter.

The forum is so full of hating, insulting and slanderous posts that it's verging on being untolerable for a sane minded sportlover.

Why do the moderation let this to happen again and again and again?
We do deal with this as best we can but if anyone sees something offensive and vulgar like that which is in violation of the forum rules, report the post.

KN Community Support
Old 07-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
Banned!

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...02&postcount=6

Murray hater looking to derail a thread.

Already reported and mod team yet to act.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #9
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

He's only criticising Murray's game, man. Which he's allowed to do. This sort of stuff is considered banter and will be left alone.

If you aren't pleased with his opinions, you don't have to respond to him..
Old 07-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #10
Banned!

Sorry, what am I saying. I linked the wrong post.

http://gyazo.com/3cbae0e2bac0cf97979a1fd9222397c3

This is his first post on the thread.

'LOL, fail thread'

Clear attempt at goading. If you don't see how this is being a wind-up merchant then I think this is the reason why so-much trolling goes on. You don't stamp out the instigators that piss people off. Eventually the forum's culture is to troll like this. 'lol fail thread' etc whenever someone disagrees with an opinion.

It's not the fact he disagreed with the opinion. It's the way he reacted to disagreeing. By insulting my thread. Is that the community you want?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #11
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

I see what you mean and I don't mind editing that out, but you've got to accept that mild criticism and banter is okay on this forum and that jumping on everyone that has a negative word to say about your threads or your point of view, doesn't solve the issues you mention. In fact it makes it worse.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Banned!

That is a warped interpretation of mild banter in my book.

Especially when you consider I was banned for 2 weeks for mild banter in referring to someone as a shirt-lifter to describe their sexual orientation.

Either you stamp it out entirely, or you don't at all?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #13
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Quote:

Especially when you consider I was banned for 2 weeks for mild banter in referring to someone as a shirt-lifter to describe their sexual orientation.

Either you stamp it all out, or you don't at all?
If you think it's warped, then fair enough, but let's not get into individual incidents here. Obviously common sense has to be used for each individual case, it can't be a black and white thing, otherwise we'll have to go round deleting almost everything.

On a large forum like this, people are going to get into arguments and battle each others' points of view, and we have to make allowances for that, unless it gets too heated. I know you disagree, but the post you had a problem with is pretty mild from where I'm sitting, and it's something that isn't necessarily a negative to the forum- everyone agreeing with each other would be pretty darn boring on a competitive Sports forum.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #14
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Either you stamp it out entirely, or you don't at all?
Mild banter??? Calling someone a 'shirt lifter' is a well-known sexual discrimination line. People have been fined or fired from their job after using this.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
If you think it's warped, then fair enough, but let's not get into individual incidents here. Obviously common sense has to be used for each individual case, it can't be a black and white thing, otherwise we'll have to go round deleting almost everything.

On a large forum like this, people are going to get into arguments and battle each others' points of view, and we have to make allowances for that, unless it gets too heated. I know you disagree, but the post you had a problem with is pretty mild from where I'm sitting, and it's something that isn't necessarily a negative to the forum- everyone agreeing with each other would be pretty darn boring on a competitive Sports forum.
There's a way to disagree and a way to express your disagreement.

Being a juvenile and calling the thread an epic failure, is not banter.

I agree, it's mild and I was fine with stuff like that, before I came banned for doing just the same that is.

All I'm saying is there could do with some more 'consistency' in the decisions taken by moderators. Between one to the next.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 07-02-2014 at 05:15 PM.