WWW IW R3: Federer vs. Raonic - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW Federer vs. Raonic

Fed in straights 62 68.13%
Fed in three 7 7.69%
Raonic in straights 11 12.09%
Raonic in three 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #46
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW IW R3: Federer vs. Raonic

Would be good for Milos if he could take this opportunity. I'm sticking with Fed though, if he's better I can see him winning in two or toughing it out in the third set after losing a breaker earlier on.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #47
country flag Wilanderer

Wilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond reputeWilanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Antibioticerer in 2.
Wilanderer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #48
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it will be better for Feverer and play a good match and get through in a couple of tight sets
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #49
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas View Post
Of course you count players ranking at the time for the meeting.
Milos got the game and the mind. Sure.
I guess I just wanted to illustrate he still has alot to prove against the bigger guys.
He's 0-6 against top 8 players and needs a win against the top guns to boost his confidence.
But he's got time on his side. Is he 22 this year?
Unless Fed is ill, I don't see him beating Roger. Now.
He is 0-6 against the top 8, but I think that he's never really been on top of his game in most of those matches.

He's played Nadal twice, in the fall of 2010 when he was ranked around 200, he was just developing, no way he had a chance then, and again in the fall of last year when he was coming back from injury, unlikely again.

he's played Ferrer 3 times, AO 2011, again was developing, possible, but Ferrer is a bad matchup for Milos, so getting 3 sets very unlikely. Against ferrer on clay in the spring in his first go around on the clay, no chance. And he played Ferrer again when he was coming back from injury.

He played Roddick in Memphis is what was his best chance and almost pulled it off.

I've never really had the feeling when he went into one of these matches that he was playing as best he could, except maybe against Roddick. I have that feeling now, to me this feels like his first real oppurtunity to pull of the big win.

That being said I don't think he'll win this time, and if he doesn't I won't think he's gonna win his next match against a top 5 player, but I do believe it's coming eventually, just a matter of when. This could be it, and it might not be it, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Also, Milos is 5-8 against the top 10. Drawing the line at top 8 makes it look worse than it actually is, he's played well against number 9 and 10. 2 wins over verdasco at 9, a win over Tipsarevic at 9. A win over Youzhny at 10, and a win over Almagro at 10. A loss to Monfils at 10, and a loss way back in 2009 against Gonzalez when he qualified for the Rogers cup that year

and yes Milos will be 22 this year, in december I believe, so a ways away yet.

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #50
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
He is 0-6 against the top 8, but I think that he's never really been on top of his game in most of those matches.

He's played Nadal twice, in the fall of 2010 when he was ranked around 200, he was just developing, no way he had a chance then, and again in the fall of last year when he was coming back from injury, unlikely again.

he's played Ferrer 3 times, AO 2011, again was developing, possible, but Ferrer is a bad matchup for Milos, so getting 3 sets very unlikely. Against ferrer on clay in the spring in his first go around on the clay, no chance. And he played Ferrer again when he was coming back from injury.

He played Roddick in Memphis is what was his best chance and almost pulled it off.

I've never really had the feeling when he went into one of these matches that he was playing as best he could, except maybe against Roddick. I have that feeling now, to me this feels like his first real oppurtunity to pull of the big win.

That being said I don't think he'll win this time, and if he doesn't I won't think he's gonna win his next match against a top 5 player, but I do believe it's coming eventually, just a matter of when. This could be it, and it might not be it, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Also, Milos is 5-8 against the top 10. Drawing the line at top 8 makes it look worse than it actually is, he's played well against number 9 and 10. 2 wins over verdasco at 9, a win over Tipsarevic at 9. A win over Youzhny at 10, and a win over Almagro at 10. A loss to Monfils at 10, and a loss way back in 2009 against Gonzalez when he qualified for the Rogers cup that year

and yes Milos will be 22 this year, in december I believe, so a ways away yet.

Agree with you about his matches againt top 8, besides that match against Roddick, it would be big big upset if he had won any of them. Both matches against Rafa - not good enought-rankingwise and game wise and 2nd match against Rafa after major injury no way he can win, Ferrer at best of 5 slow HC big big task, Ferrer on clay impossible and Ferrer after injury, when you need movement and practice beat guy like him impossible .

Roddick fast indoor HC was his only chance and he did great, we can basically say that match was 50-50 and Milos could have won. Federer outdoor slow HC best of 3, i don´t think he can win, but i do believe he can take a set - what should be good sign for future. His best chances against top 8 are clearly Rafa on fast HC, or indoors. Don´t pls nobody mentioned Tokyo-becuase both their matches were impossible for Milos to win how i wrote above why. He has beaten Fish who wasn´t top 8 at that time, he can beat him on any surface right now, but the question is how long will Fish stay at 8th place, when they meet next time Fish possibly could be out of top 8
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #51
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised the odds on this match and Verdasco vs. Delpo are just about the same.

Expected Raonic to be much more of an underdog.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #52
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic would stand a chance on fast indoor court, yet I can't see him hitting through Federer on this surface.
Fed is going to exploit his movement and technique limitations like he always does against these type of players.

Viruserer in 2.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #53
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Federer 61 63
Hope you´re kidding.
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #54
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post
Hope you´re kidding.
Nope.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #55
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Cougherer in 2.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #56
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Milos has a ton of holes in his game, I don't think he'll really threaten Rogi.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #57
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
If Fed is sick, then Raonic has real chance, and through that, so does Kolya
Federer is sick only if he lose. The Ballerina Brigade (BB) making the preventive excuse, as always

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #58
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Nope.
Then you´re drunk.
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #59
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Probably Federer in 2, but I'll just say the Raonic in 3.
makes sense
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #60
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Federer 6-3 6-4

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote