Indian Wells R2: Garcia-Lopez def. Murray 6-4 6-2 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #46
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells R2: Garcia-Lopez def. Murray 6-4 6-2

I'm tempted to start up a GGL: The Future of Tennis!!! thread.
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #47
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable Andy
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #48
country flag lucyfur

lucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Visa View Post
I'm tempted to start up a GGL: The Future of Tennis!!! thread.
Maybe he can be bandwagon of the month.
lucyfur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #49
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells R2: GGL def. Murray 6-4 6-2

well done ggl.

an embarrassing loss for andy, especially in light of his recent comments. i really don't know what to make of murray anymore. he looked lost and impotent out there.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #50
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

People should stop picking Murray as the favourite to win any tournament.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #51
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Murray tanking to avoid Harrison here.

But really, GGL played brilliant tennis and completely deserves the win. He bullied Murray around all night, with the backhand early, and moreso with the forehand later. Wasn't giving up any easy points, was beating Murray in the vast majority of long rallies, used power and variety to simply keep Murray out of rhythm.

Murray tried to play aggressively with the forehand but just wasn't in synch tonight. The serve percentage was awful. Even the usually steady backhand was raining errors. Funnily enough, his lame pushing game probably would have served him better this match....but he has to play like this if he's going to get better at attacking tennis, bump in the road like GGL or not.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #52
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i am pissed. andy is a lot better than that.

34 unforced errors and zero for 7 on break point opportunities. of course GGL was going to capitalize on that as anybody would.

murray simply had a very bad day at the office.

hope he regroups fast for miami masters.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #53
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
Murray tanking to avoid Harrison here.

But really, GGL played brilliant tennis and completely deserves the win. He bullied Murray around all night, with the backhand early, and moreso with the forehand later. Wasn't giving up any easy points, was beating Murray in the vast majority of long rallies, used power and variety to simply keep Murray out of rhythm.

Murray tried to play aggressively with the forehand but just wasn't in synch tonight. The serve percentage was awful. Even the usually steady backhand was raining errors. Funnily enough, his lame pushing game probably would have served him better this match....but he has to play like this if he's going to get better at attacking tennis, bump in the road like GGL or not.
Straight to the point and GGL was the one dictating as you said, best of all he was varying the backhand throwing in some slices, hitting down the line at the right moment in addition to the topspin.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #54
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Murray is prone to first match struggles sometimes, especially when he's not practised in the conditions - he's hit in the hit of the day all week and I bet he hasn't done any practises for a night match. So he goes in mis-timing and then he struggles to adjust in time - something else we've seen before, he's not the fastest adaptor when things aren't going his way.

GGL is a player who people find it easy to underrate, he's capable of the big win when he's on his game, and sounds like he was today, so too good.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #55
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Murray was trying to be aggressive at times as has been said, but GGL's weight and depth of his groundstrokes meant Murray kept hitting balls either late, or getting pushed back and taken out of position. So he wasn't really allowed to play effective offensive, even when GGL when running way over to the doubles alley to hit forehand returns, most of the time he got the ball back deep with spin down the middle and didn't give Murray an angle to play with. Andy clearly felt the pressure and tried stepping it up but it wasn't working. GGL took Murray out of his comfort zone and took control of the match. He really deserves all the credit.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #56
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

GGL was not intimated by the world #4 tonight. he held his head up and played in a very positive, confident manner. he looked like he believed in himself out there.

and murray was off tonight.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #57
country flag Evitman

Evitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond repute

This court suits you better than the Dubai's fast one. Well said, Andy, congratulations!
Evitman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #58
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The last hope of Nadal is gone..

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #59
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
MuzzahLovah
AHHHHHHH WHYYYYYYYYYY
I mean aaaaaaahhhh.

Thanks though.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #60
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i am pissed. andy is a lot better than that.

34 unforced errors and zero for 7 on break point opportunities. of course GGL was going to capitalize on that as anybody would.

murray simply had a very bad day at the office.

hope he regroups fast for miami masters.
Relax mate.
We all know how good Murray could be. Remember Shanghai 2010.
Just what you said, a bad day, everyone can have one. Wafa, Woger, Nouhl...
Also Muwy...