Indian Wells R2: Garcia-Lopez def. Murray 6-4 6-2 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #241
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells R2: Garcia-Lopez def. Murray 6-4 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Dubai is a mickey mouse tournament, ffs. It's not even close to a slam. Not even a masters1000.

He lost the final of IW in 2009 and then won Miami that year.
Well, he lost in 2R opener this year, not even close to reaching the final, so I don't see why he would miraciously win Miami all of a sudden next week . And that's because back in 2009, he either won finals or fell before the final, prior to entering IW .
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #242
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Sorry but no. I think it's much more impressive to win twenty M1000 or whatever he amounts to than a single slam win and no other titles. You could always say that the former is a consistent talent ( he also needed to defeat the top 3 to achieve those titles) and the latter is a player who was hot for a short while and stars aligned for him to win a slam. For me Delpo is the definition of one slam wonder.
Don't think so. Delpo had some very bad injuries which accounts for the rankings drop but he's consistent now. He has not lost to a single player who isn't named Federer this year and he hasn't even turned 24. How can you dismiss him as a one slam wonder when his career is still in progress?

Also, having eyeballed Delpo I can safely say that the kid is a tremendous talent on a par with the top 3. Amazing skills that can make anybody helpless, on any given day. I expect him to overtake Murray in the rankings, hell, even Federer has said that he believes Delpo can be number one.

I bet that Murray would gladly trade all his Masters Shields for one US Open trophy and to be in the record books as the first guy to beat Federer AND Nadal in a GS. He wouldn't even think about it.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #243
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKoh View Post
Don't think so. Delpo had some very bad injuries which accounts for the rankings drop but he's consistent now. He has not lost to a single player who isn't named Federer this year and he hasn't even turned 24. How can you dismiss him as a one slam wonder when his career is still in progress?

Also, having eyeballed Delpo I can safely say that the kid is a tremendous talent on a par with the top 3. Amazing skills that can make anybody helpless, on any given day. I expect him to overtake Murray in the rankings, hell, even Federer has said that he believes Delpo can be number one.

I bet that Murray would gladly trade all his Masters Shields for one US Open trophy and to be in the record books as the first guy to beat Federer AND Nadal in a GS. He wouldn't even think about it.
8 masters >>> 1 fluke slam

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #244
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Money wise, yes. History books, no.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #245
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it was not a fluke.....he would have easily won the french open too that year had he been a bit more stronger physically.....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #246
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. If you beat Federer and Nadal in a GS in the SAME tourney, it is not a fluke. You're a freaking tennis god.

4 criteria of trolls:

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #247
country flag BroTree123

Nah, losing to GGL is way better than winning a GS .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #248
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dubai is a mickey mouse tournament, ffs. It's not even close to a slam. Not even a masters1000.

He lost the final of IW in 2009 and then won Miami that year.
But it's not about losing in the Dubai final, is losing it against Federer the way he did after the heroicism of defeating the number 1.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #249
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yeah i thought that too. This has more to do with that final disaster in Dubai where Federer put him in his place than anything else. Whenever he's humiliated in a final (whether is was last yea's AO or this year's Dubai) he gets in a deep funk.
He wasnt humiliated in Dubai final, he was competitive but was outplayed. And when he managed to take it to Fed, it was too late. Agreed about the AO final last year, it was an embarrassing effort from Murray who capitulated so badly after that 40+ shot rally. Though I dont believe he would have beaten Novak on the day anyway, ND played some ridiculous tennis all tournament.

Anyway I dont think losing the Dubai is the reason for his loss to GGL. The Spaniard played some great tennis first of all, and AM just had an off day. He is prone to A LOT of those, has been especially in the last two years. Murray is just an enigma, sometimes he behaves like he doesnt care win or lose
(and please, there was no "heroism" in beating the Number 1 in the SF of a 500 event. Murray just played better on the day and in fact won easily)
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #250
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Money wise, yes. History books, no.
Is Gaudio better than Rios? Then again you won't know these players.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #251
country flag LisaKoh

The analogy of Del Po = Gaudio and Rios = Murray makes no sense. Rios was #1 for 10 weeks beating up on guys like Agassi, something Murray has not achieved with his cohort. Del Po is not even 24 yet, how can you assess him in the same terms as el Gato when his career has barely even begun?

4 criteria of trolls:

Old 03-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #252
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKoh View Post
The analogy of Del Po = Gaudio and Rios = Murray makes no sense. Rios was #1 for 10 weeks beating up on guys like Agassi, something Murray has not achieved with his cohort. Del Po is not even 24 yet, how can you assess him in the same terms as el Gato when his career has barely even begun?
Because Murray's career is superior to Del Potro's the same way Rios's is to Gaudio's. And Rios reached one slam final in his career, but he doesn't play in the 'only slams are real tournaments' glory hunter era of 2012.

Del Potro's achieved that in ONE big tournament in his entire career. Until he knocks over the top guys in another slam or even one of these events, the fluke tag's legit
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #253
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather be a one slam fluke than a no slam mug.

Gaudio, T. Johansson, Delpo> Murray, Rios, etc.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #254
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wasnt a mickey mouse field though was it

7 of the top 8 in the QF's, only Nadal left back home nursing his sore butt
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote