this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #31
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak

Roger played great, deserved the victory and Nole played great too and would have beaten 95% of players playing like that.

Did he play his best tennis? No he did NOT, because of a few circunstances, the most important being the huge break he had thanks to the QF walkover and the huge pressure the streak was putting him under.

It's no excuse though, specially because you just don't play yourabsolute best in every single match.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #32
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
The WTF is probably the most important tournament after the Grand Slams as the best 8 players of the season play there. I don't know why people on MTF have to downgrade it. Beside this I think Rafa would surely disagree with you about the importance of such a tournament which he hasn't been able to win so far in his career.

Roger can win against Rafa, yet hasn't been able to do it in a best of 5 match now for some years. But to say he has no chance against him when it really matters is as premature as to say that Rafa will never be able to win again against Novak.
Not probably... it is the most important, no matter how some of the most biased fan base want to denigrate it when their player of choice isn't doing well there for whatever reason.

1500 points if you take it undefeated, a lot of money and prestige to beat the other best 7 in the world.
Just pay attention to the players talking about how much they want to win it.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

smart attitude from novak btw. constantly his statements are so respectful that basically the message is 'Im that good that I dont need to mess with your minds'.

apart from few early stuff, not one single disrespecting thing he said about his rivals and he beat them all in a display of monstrous mental strength. this approach is sort of a gamble, it takes huge guts but it works. huge huge kudos for this.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

well, Nole lost that match fair and square. Rog was a better player that day. Sure, we can blame shoes or the fact that he hadn't played for 5 days but whatever. Nole's statement is very fair.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #35
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
well, Nole lost that match fair and square. Rog was a better player that day. Sure, we can blame shoes or the fact that he hadn't played for 5 days but whatever. Nole's statement is very fair.
Mr. Alex, Agree 100%.

It's interesting how players react to winning and defeat, both on the court and afterwards.
In 2011 for example, I would say that Mr. Djokovic had a better attitude in defeat, rather than in his wins. Not to say his attitude was awful in his wins, but I thought it a bit over the top, compared to how gracious he was in defeat.

Whereas Mr. Federer, I think was the reverse in 2011, and perhaps has been that way for awhile now.

It's kind of understandable. Federer was winning and on top for so long, he learned how to win graciously. And then having to deal with losing after all that success is more difficult for him, and he understandably tries to find reasons (excuses) for his losses and can sound whiny or bitter, especially in a tough defeat (ala US Open). No winner likes to lose. Whereas Djokovic was more used to losing big ones in the past and learned to be gracious in losses. Winning like he did in 2011 was brand new to him, so he hasn't quite learned how to rein things in a bit.

I don't put either player down for these attitudes. It's part of the process, and great attitudes while winning and losing is not easy to accomplish, but one can still strive to do so as Rudyard Kipling said, reflected on the Wimbledon Centre Court, player entrance - "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same"...

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #36
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

oh masterclass, you just brought a smile to my face. I love Kipling so much. an absolute genius. my dad used to read his books to me when I was a kid... I'm going to go to Chapters today and try to get some of his books. Thank you
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #37
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

novak said the john mcenroe sycophant conversations were not helping him (along with mcenroe's inane interview at bbc with him and bitter rant about his own loss in 1984 french open). mcenroe's a federer apologist therefore mcenroe is sleeping well (unlike during his battles with tatum o'neal, lendl and jimmy connors).
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #38
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKoh View Post
One thing I really like about Djokovic is that lately he has become far more diplomatic in his answers. Whereas Federer and Nadal are slinging mud at each other right now over justified/unjustified issues, Novak has been relatively calm, keeping quiet and does give the other players their due. It's been quite a progression from how he used to be, at least from when he used to say about Federer that he was "going down" during their '07 AO clash.

I have to say that I didn't like the guy in the past but after having seen make some very kind gestures (i.e. helping out other players in distress, applauding winners of opponents, helping JJ out during the Hopman cup) and say extremely diplomatic things, he's grown up. That RG match was extremely close and if not for a few points it could have gone the other way.
maybe djoker was too clever to let you know who he truly was.

he never said federer was going down. he KNEW fed was going down.

he also had no reason to badmouth federer and roddick. he's not low enough to sink to their level. djoker let roddick get what roddick and the us open crowd deserved - good tongue lashing and humble pie (gluten-free) x 9999999.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #39
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Nole lost because of Rogi's finger-wagging. Even though the finger-wagging came after the match ended.
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to tripwires again"

I think we could all see that it was a great match, not one where one player didn't play well. The same could be said for the US Open semifinal; it's just that only one guy can win.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
heya
Banned!

federer was not injured in french open, and djoker didn't mock tennis by being a clown with the rotten finger.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #41
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
So it has a special feel about it. Roland Garros is my favorite Grand Slam. I love playing there.
I would've thought the Australian Open would be his favourite major
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #42
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Yes but you are dealing with the most offensive, disrespectful and a bitter person in Federer who has a lot of power behind him . Letting go off stuff like this just invites further aggression. At some point one has to standup to the bully and the shady things going on.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #43
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
I would've thought the Australian Open would be his favourite major
Every tournament is his favourite except maybe us open and cincinnati. They are badly managed to say the least
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #44
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Nole lost because Rogi asked some of his tards to sit in the crowd for the SF and emit some gluten fumes during critical points.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #45
country flag munZe konZa

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
maybe djoker was too clever to let you know who he truly was.

he never said federer was going down. he KNEW fed was going down.

he also had no reason to badmouth federer and roddick. he's not low enough to sink to their level. djoker let roddick get what roddick and the us open crowd deserved - good tongue lashing and humble pie (gluten-free) x 9999999.
Great post, finally we have a great era where top players are always improving, have no apparent weaknesses and always keep the battle on the court. These media manipulations really show and separate the best versus the rest .