this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #16
country flag S=klnW

S=klnW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak

FedvsNole you are a nice kid , but way are you doing this,

Nole : it was one of the better matches as well that I have played

FedvsNole : it was one of the better matches as well that I have ever played
S=klnW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #17
country flag Evitman

Evitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond repute

Novak gains my respect with these comments, unlike his crazy tards.
Evitman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic being classy and diplomatic. Note he said one of the "better matches" and not one of the "best matches".

I saw the match and thought he didn't play anywhere as good as he did earlier that season.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Djokovic being classy and diplomatic. Note he said one of the "better matches" and not one of the "best matches".

I saw the match and thought he didn't play anywhere as good as he did earlier that season.
Exactly. I mean lets be honest the second set was one of the worst sets of tennis he played all year, the only reason it was so close was really because of Federer not taking his chances. But either way Djokovic played well overall but didn't reach the heights of his game he did in previous tournaments.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Novak being honest and stating the obvious.
There was never any debate anyway. Just nonsensical banter from sore NoleTards.
This.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
munZe konZa believes the sun rises in the west. Can't take anything seriously from this poster, one as soon as Djokovic loses turns on them. Thinks a Lucky Loser should replace someone who gives a walkover halfway through a tournament.

It's not hard at all anyone who makes excuses for Djokovic losing at RG in this match is kidding. Very hard fought match, both guys playing at a high sustained level for most of the match. Fed took his chances that's it.
this. Roger was a better player that day. Even as a Nole fun I'm not going to give any excuses (although, I have some, lol)

the problem is that Rog can not beat Rafa anywhere on any surface. sure Rog can beat him at some indoor silly tournaments but when it really matters, Rog simply has no chances against Rafa.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
country flag rob_z

rob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond reputerob_z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post

Yes, indeed. Novak didn't play bad that match, but he certainly didn't play at the top of his capabilities. For Federer it was one of his best matches of the first half of the year.
I still believe a Djokovic playing at the top of his capabilities has a good chance of beating Federer on clay.
rob_z is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so, Novak says it was one of the best matches he has ever played and Fed fans are using that as a proof that Fed beat Nole playing at his very best level...yet, when anyone says to them that Fed's a better player now then when he was in 2006/2007, something that ROGER HIMSELF SAID/ACCEPTED, they just say how delusional Roger is. So, in other words when Nole says something that suits their agenda, then Nole must be right and his fans should accept it, but when Fed says something, then they refuse to accept it.

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #24
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
the problem is that Rog can not beat Rafa anywhere on any surface. sure Rog can beat him at some indoor silly tournaments but when it really matters, Rog simply has no chances against Rafa.
The WTF is probably the most important tournament after the Grand Slams as the best 8 players of the season play there. I don't know why people on MTF have to downgrade it. Beside this I think Rafa would surely disagree with you about the importance of such a tournament which he hasn't been able to win so far in his career.

Roger can win against Rafa, yet hasn't been able to do it in a best of 5 match now for some years. But to say he has no chance against him when it really matters is as premature as to say that Rafa will never be able to win again against Novak.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
There is a world of difference between classy and forward positive looking interviews and a bitter loser making disparaging remarks and getting away with it. Nole was never bitter and always looked forward no matter how many tough losses and he had a lot of them that I remember.
Doesn't matter what he says and he is winning now so he can say anything and he is known for being selfless and cheering his opponents. The fact is he didn't play for over 5 days, had slipping shoes, referee disturbed him at the end of the set which took him about 5 games to recover , the crowds were screaming against him and the other guy was wagging a finger.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
Ok, so, Novak says it was one of the best matches he has ever played and Fed fans are using that as a proof that Fed beat Nole playing at his very best level...yet, when anyone says to them that Fed's a better player now then when he was in 2006/2007, something that ROGER HIMSELF SAID/ACCEPTED, they just say how delusional Roger is. So, in other words when Nole says something that suits their agenda, then Nole must be right and his fans should accept it, but when Fed says something, then they refuse to accept it.
Some think RG is Fed's best slam these days since the fast clay and light/fast balls suit him a lot.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
I was gonna wait for more Fedtards to respond before I posted this But I thought Novak played well.

Also, Novak is almost too classy for words. No excuses from him, no disparaging remarks from him (after a tough loss) and lending full credit to his opponent.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

fed played great but novak I though couldve played better. thats what I thought seeing that match. maybe he couldnt in reality because of the circumstances, but his play left something to be desired at least watching it on tv. still, full credit to roger, he was incredible no question. his approach leading up to the match was so smart, by reading his interviews.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #29
country flag LisaKoh

LisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond reputeLisaKoh has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I really like about Djokovic is that lately he has become far more diplomatic in his answers. Whereas Federer and Nadal are slinging mud at each other right now over justified/unjustified issues, Novak has been relatively calm, keeping quiet and does give the other players their due. It's been quite a progression from how he used to be, at least from when he used to say about Federer that he was "going down" during their '07 AO clash.

I have to say that I didn't like the guy in the past but after having seen make some very kind gestures (i.e. helping out other players in distress, applauding winners of opponents, helping JJ out during the Hopman cup) and say extremely diplomatic things, he's grown up. That RG match was extremely close and if not for a few points it could have gone the other way.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #30
country flag SerenaFederer

SerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond reputeSerenaFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Nole lost because of Rogi's finger-wagging. Even though the finger-wagging came after the match ended.

that's why he's GOAT

.."and they will call him Immanuel - which means God with us" Matthew 1: 23

KING FEDERER Falling in love with Rafa and his "famoose ass"
#194 on the Fed Express
SerenaFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote