this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute
Default this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak

Alot of novak supporters claimed novak was off or didn't have that great of a match at the RG 2011 match. Not only was novak saying it was his one of his best memory of his time in paris in his career but also added the following:

Q. Roland Garros will be the next Grand Slam. Can you tell me what is your best memory in Paris?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I had a good couple of years playing in Roland Garros. Unfortunately I didn't reach finals yet in Paris. I have played I think three or four semifinals, and mostly against Rafa, and had some really good matches there.
I think one of the most exciting matches was definitely the one against Roger, you know, last year, even though I lost that match. But I still think that it was a pretty special one because we went the distance. We went up to what, 9:00, 9:15 in the evening with no lights and with a full stadium.
So it has a special feel about it. Roland Garros is my favorite Grand Slam. I love playing there. So hopefully this year I can make at least a step further.

Q. The loss is your best memory of...
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I mean, losses are a part of the sport. So even though, I think it was one of the best memories because it was a long match and it was one of the better matches as well that I have ever played, but he was a better player that day.

Full interview: http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/News/T...c-Preview.aspx
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: this should end the debate about RG 2011 rog vs novak

Nole

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Novak being honest and stating the obvious.
There was never any debate anyway. Just nonsensical banter from sore NoleTards.

But yes, twas a great match. Unbelievable atmosphere and quality of tennis I am certain its one of Federer's favourite memories too.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #4
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless, that roger won. Novak should have pushed it to 5 sets but roger played a spectacular return game when novak was serving 6-5 in the 4th set. They won't be matched in the same half this year thats for sure.. Too bad..
Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Novak being honest and stating the obvious.
There was never any debate anyway. Just nonsensical banter from sore NoleTards.

But yes, twas a great match. Unbelievable atmosphere and quality of tennis I am certain its one of Federer's favourite memories too.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
country flag coonster14

coonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond repute

I was unhappy that Nole didn't beat Roger last year in the SF , as I was wondering what the result of a RAFOLE final last year would have been given that Nole beat Rafa in both Madrid and Rome finals, albeit a grand slam final is a different animal compared to a MS1000 final.

Hopefully it will be a RAFOLE French Open final this year. Hoping Nole wins French Open this year to complete his career Grand Slam.

Roger played better than Nole on the day and deserved to win.

Also supporting: Rusty, Pics, Nalby, Nando, Baggy, Kei, Isner, Blake, Kolya, Berdych, Richie, Soderling, Gil

Ana - Wozzy - Vika - Kimmy - Makiri

AGASSI,RAFTER,SAFIN
coonster14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #7
country flag AntiTennis

AntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond reputeAntiTennis has a reputation beyond repute

It was a incredible match, because both played great..that match had all: great tennis+suspense+drama ^^. I remember I had a practice(test) that day in the university, I just planned to see half of the match, but God..the match became so good so I kept watching..that was crazy, but I don't regret, it was the best match of the year!

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

That was probably Roger's best serving performance in that match. And on clay too...

Why weren't there any hard hitting Del Potro's or Cilic's from 2004-2008?
34 year old Agassi took peak Federer to 5 sets at U.S Open but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument.
20 year old Djokovic straight setted prime Federer at Aussie Open but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument.
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

There never was a debate. It's simple some days play like crap and win, others play a very good match and don't win, that's the sport.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
country flag FedvsNole

Anyways for those feeling nostalgia, or just want to see the match in hd from eurosport commentary here is the link to the full match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmUIwyxpTg

or the 15 minute highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yil9PpIr1DA
Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Alot of novak supporters claimed novak was off or didn't have that great of a match at the RG 2011 match. Not only was novak saying it was his one of his best memory of his time in paris in his career but also added the following:

Q. Roland Garros will be the next Grand Slam. Can you tell me what is your best memory in Paris?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I had a good couple of years playing in Roland Garros. Unfortunately I didn't reach finals yet in Paris. I have played I think three or four semifinals, and mostly against Rafa, and had some really good matches there.
I think one of the most exciting matches was definitely the one against Roger, you know, last year, even though I lost that match. But I still think that it was a pretty special one because we went the distance. We went up to what, 9:00, 9:15 in the evening with no lights and with a full stadium.
So it has a special feel about it. Roland Garros is my favorite Grand Slam. I love playing there. So hopefully this year I can make at least a step further.

Q. The loss is your best memory of...
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I mean, losses are a part of the sport. So even though, I think it was one of the best memories because it was a long match and it was one of the better matches as well that I have ever played, but he was a better player that day.

Full interview: http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/News/T...c-Preview.aspx
There is a world of difference between classy and forward positive looking interviews and a bitter loser making disparaging remarks and getting away with it. Nole was never bitter and always looked forward no matter how many tough losses and he had a lot of them that I remember.
Doesn't matter what he says and he is winning now so he can say anything and he is known for being selfless and cheering his opponents. The fact is he didn't play for over 5 days, had slipping shoes, referee disturbed him at the end of the set which took him about 5 games to recover , the crowds were screaming against him and the other guy was wagging a finger.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #12
country flag MADOXXX

MADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond reputeMADOXXX has a reputation beyond repute

That was very honest of Nole. Wish he won that match though, who knows what would have happened in the final had he won.
Well at least there's always this year's RG.
MADOXXX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
country flag FedvsNole

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
There is a world of difference between classy and forward positive looking interviews and a bitter loser making disparaging remarks and getting away with it. Nole was never bitter and always looked forward no matter how many tough losses and he had a lot of them that I remember.
Doesn't matter what he says and he is winning now so he can say anything and he is known for being selfless and cheering his opponents. The fact is he didn't play for over 5 days, had slipping shoes, referee disturbed him at the end of the set which took him about 5 games to recover , the crowds were screaming against him and the other guy was wagging a finger.

Fact is nole played a lot of tennis from the end of 2010 through roland garros and if anything the days off at that point were a nice break for the guy given he had played so many damn matches and im sure the injuries that plagued him later on were glad to have some rest (knee, shoulder, back etc) and treatment since even if he had played fogini he would have had 2-3 days off anyways. Slipping shoes... lol... he changed his shoes during teh match and was still slipping.. you can't defend like nole does on hardcourt and try that on clay and not slip... the crowds will always be against him when he plays federer except in serbia and they love roger in paris so that will not change anytime soon.

Was a great match with a lot of suspense and drama and i'd love for them to play again this year but fed will be in nadal's half so that's not going to happen unless radal gets upset by isner or del potro.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

munZe konZa believes the sun rises in the west. Can't take anything seriously from this poster, one as soon as Djokovic loses turns on them. Thinks a Lucky Loser should replace someone who gives a walkover halfway through a tournament.

It's not hard at all anyone who makes excuses for Djokovic losing at RG in this match is kidding. Very hard fought match, both guys playing at a high sustained level for most of the match. Fed took his chances that's it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #15
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
Nole lost because of Rogi's finger-wagging. Even though the finger-wagging came after the match ended.