Indian Wells R2: S. Wawrinka def R. Ginepri 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian Wells R2: S. Wawrinka def R. Ginepri 4-6, 6-4, 6-4

Good comeback from Stan
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells R2: S. Wawrinka def R. Ginepri 4-6, 6-4, 6-4

Was anyone able to see this match? It was on Court 7... Robby went through one of his typical 1st set and a break leads, only to lose the last 3 games of the 2nd set to lose that set, and then hold serve in the 3rd set all the way until the very last game of the match, where he had to serve to stay in it. He never served first in any of the three sets, and I facetiously bet my house he was going to lose his last service game at love, and I was right. He's done that so many times before that I figured he would do it again today. He is cursed.
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

thank fuck for that. get with it stan!

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Robby saved 0-40 to open the match and then broke in Stan's next service game, and was in most of Stan's service games from that point until he was ahead *4-3 in the second set. Predictably, he fell apart, lost the second set, but in the third set he had break point to take a break lead. Didn't take it but was mostly cruising on his service games, only to be broken to love to lose.

Goes to show that the tennis is still there for Robby. But the self-belief isn't.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Time to retire Mugnepri .
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #6

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Time to retire Mugnepri .
he's not going to anytime soon. the fire is still inside of him, even if he is cursed (which he is) and isn't able to achieve anything noteworthy.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Cursed? No. He's had unfortunate circumstances in his life and career, but so have many other players, he's not special in that regard. He's mentally weak and has low self-confidence. He's been in positions such as this many times, chances to win a big match, and failed because he doesn't believe he should be in that position at all. Ginepri is his own worst enemy on court.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Alright. So the commentator now said that the shit between Federer and Wawrinka is real, which is why they are not playing doubles no more? True?

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
He's mentally weak and has low self-confidence.
^ to me, that's a pretty big curse to have when tennis is your career, and winning is what advances you... He has to constantly wrestle with that, and when a single point can (and many times does) make all the difference between Robby winning or losing, he can't afford to be mentally week or have low self-confidence. The more he loses close matches, the larger his memory bank is of opportunities he's had to win, but failed on taking... and that's no confidence booster...
Old 03-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Alright. So the commentator now said that the shit between Federer and Wawrinka is real, which is why they are not playing doubles no more? True?
which commentator? this wasn't covered by any stream
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #11
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
It was more a question than a statement; actually, more an insinuation. the tone of the commentators was "this is what I heard" -- like they were going by what they'd read in blogs, etc. Certainly didn't sound like they had any inside info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
which commentator? this wasn't covered by any stream
It was the commentators during Djokovic's match, commenting on the fact that Novak was also playing in doubles at IW.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

I like both these players but Ginepri needed the win much more so I'm a little sad.
n8 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #13
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Even when Robby was up 6-4 and 3-1, I knew he was still going to lose the match. I wish he had proved me wrong.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Stan : good comeback (he's also a comeback player, it's not only about Ginepri, and Stan is a very good player) and good draw now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeplebuster
that was certain commentators were going to insinuate that

but Fed said last year that he played doubles to play more matches : this year he's played plenty of them.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100 View Post
Even when Robby was up 6-4 and 3-1, I knew he was still going to lose the match. I wish he had proved me wrong.
my thought exactly
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote