Indian Wells R2: [30] Roddick def. Kubot 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian Wells R2: [30] Roddick def. Kubot 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3

The thing you can take out of this match is that A-Rod is a fighter. He's clearly struggling with confidence and his form, but he competed very well today, got better as the match went on, and that, along with Kubot's help from a choking aspect, got him through here. Very important win for the American, the type of result that can spur on better things for him going forward.

Kubot was completely dictating the match up to 6-4 *5-4. He had chances throughout the first set to break, A-Rod wasn't serving that well, and Kubot was consistently attacking Roddick's second serves, hitting return winners and coming into the net off of second serve returns. Kubot S&V'd well off of his own serve, mixed up the placement of his serves well, and was the aggressor from the baseline with his backhand. Kubot broke to win the first set on a BH DTL and broke to serve for the match in the second set on a return winner off a second serve.

Kubot's aggressive gameplan was totally working until he served for the match. Then he started getting extremely predictable with his serve, going to the backhand 95% of the time, his serve percentage dropped and he got broken to love, and was never the same player. His forehand broke down completely from that point through the rest of the match. Roddick started returning a lot better as the match went on, especially off the backhand, but Kubot will be kicking himself for not taking out A-Rod when he was down.

Roddick got a lot more aggressive with his serve the final two sets to offset the attacking Kubot was doing off return, something he needs to continue doing going forward against all opponents. Roddick struggled to win the second set breaker from *5-2 up but got the job done with a good return, and you knew it was inevitable from there. Hopefully A-Rod takes confidence from this and can improve his play.

Last edited by Filo V. : 03-10-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells R2: [30] Roddick def. Kubot 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3

You can hate him all you want but that was one hell of an effort from Roddick.

Actually showed some glimpses of his old self too which was great, but lets be honest, overall it was an awful match.

Nice to see Andy's reaction when he won though, clearly shows how much this means to him.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
country flag Spain07

Spain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond repute

What an awful match
Spain07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Polish LaLo shocking game to try and serve it out. As for Roddick well he fought hard and was less rubbish.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

i thought kubot made a bigger effort trying to lose the match. so many suicide approaches, really pathetic.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
country flag American278

American278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican278 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
You can hate him all you want but that was one hell of an effort from Roddick.

Actually showed some glimpses of his old self too which was great, but lets be honest, overall it was an awful match.

Nice to see Andy's reaction when he won though, clearly shows how much this means to him.
exactly! it was cool to see that fighting spirit again despite his level of play is still very low...hopes he gains some confidence after this hard worked win today! he got the fans behind him so GO ANDY
American278 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

what a horrible choker this Kubot
4) Congress set the rules on dealing with child migrants under the Bush administration:Most of this process was codified by Congress under the Homeland Security Act of 2002; Congress added some additional protections under the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act, in 2008. http://www.vox.com/2014/6/16/5813406...mmigrants-daca

*After DECADES of THUG GOP Presidents arming,supporting,financing Latin American Dictators,chickens are coming home to roost.GOP You OWN THIS.The more you insult them the longer ya'll will pay.What a week.RIP GOP/TeaKLAN
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps the most i have ever seen the crowd pull for andy. they know what he has been going through and he really did grind this win out. his reaction to the crowd after said a lot about how much he wanted it and how much the crowd gave him.

ugly tennis, but serve is looking slightly better for roddick, which is important.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Kubot is a major bottler. Grats to Roddick though! And the biggest shocker of all, he wasn't pushing the whole time today!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Kubot would be a very good player with brain, he played well until second set 5-4. Terrible loss, I can't say anything else about this match. Łukasz
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Kubot...

Duck
Noleta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #13
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky ducky Kubot did not hit a single first serve when he was serving for the match and s&v on seconds with rather silly approaches.
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

That cost a me a pretty penny.

What always makes me feel better after those kind of losses is that the player himself feels much worse. Does that make a bad person?
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick getting some grit and grind confidence after beating Olderer at MSG....next stop, 2nd GS at Wimby
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote