Food thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #61
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
No im not offended at all, its true in most places i went too, but other places i went to they of course have some high quality foods in some resturants, and that they are fresh foods. So yea not offended

I watch a show called "Resturant: Impossible" i love that show
This guy goes to different resturants around the country in USA trying to fix failing resturants, with not just with their decor but also their food. I learn alot from that show IMO.
Good to know .

Hmm, never heard of the show before. But I know Kitchen Nightmares by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay (Come on, who hasn't heard of this guy ), an extremely similar show. It's hilarious how he goes off his head and starts swearing like crazy when he goes to those restaurants that are like, completely fucked up, crawling with cockroaches, etc, etc . But yeah, it's not particularly "food focused", but more like him making the dishes a bit more...I guess "food friendly", as well as the usual clean up, renovate, etc, etc. But it's cool, I watch it because of the drama. But it hasn't been on in some while. Last time I watched it was like early last year.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #62
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
grilled salmon and steamed vegetables mate.

this is the dinner of the tennis gods.
Your salmon looks perfect. That is clearly not from Red Lobster.

I have been enhancing my simply grilled salmon with a sauce of fresh dill, honey and mustard. When you get the mix to the proportion you like, it is great. And entirely allowable calorie-wise if the rest of the plate is steamed veggies.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #63
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Great thread . Love to cook myself, but naturally with a student's budget you can't buy too expensive ingredients. Still, I prepare a meal with my GF at least once almost every day. Have recently started to prepare Gravlax myself instead of just buying it, love it .

Fuck, that looks amazing . Fill me in with the ingredients bro...
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #64
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Yep. Taco Bell is shit. Never had it in Aus before. But when I was in USA; I remember I had diarrhoea the next morning, after eating dinner there .
Well, they try to give you an authentic Mexican dining experience.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #65
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Great thread . Love to cook myself, but naturally with a student's budget you can't buy too expensive ingredients. Still, I prepare a meal with my GF at least once almost every day. Have recently started to prepare Gravlax myself instead of just buying it, love it .

Wow, I could almost print that picture and pour on some of my dill-mustard-honey sauce.
Which I think was originally invented to accompany gravlax rather than grilled salmon, anyway. Although using honey instead of sugar makes a better variation for cooked fresh salmon.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #66
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Well, they try to give you an authentic Mexican dining experience.
Yeah, if you can call burning in the toilet for 3 hours, an "experience" .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #67
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fuck, that looks amazing . Fill me in with the ingredients bro...
That pic was actually just googled since I don't have any prepared at the moment myself but it definitely looks similar and it's really good.

It's really simple to do. Just grab a chunk of salmon, take the bones away, slice it in two halves and then season. The seasoning goes as follows: Crude sea salt (not fine salt) 1˝ tablespoon per 1kg of salmon, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, ˝ tablespoon of white pepper and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Dill can be added as well. Then, you put the two halves against each other (red meat against red meat, skin faces outwards) and wrap it in foil or plastic, put it in the fridge with a weight on top of it. Let it rest for 24h and then it's done . Slice it in thin slices with a sharp knife.

Really simple and very delicious.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #68
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
I have always bought mine, but your instructions have inspired me to have a go.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #69
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
That pic was actually just googled since I don't have any prepared at the moment myself but it definitely looks similar and it's really good.

It's really simple to do. Just grab a chunk of salmon, take the bones away, slice it in two halves and then season. The seasoning goes as follows: Crude sea salt (not fine salt) 1˝ tablespoon per 1kg of salmon, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, ˝ tablespoon of white pepper and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Dill can be added as well. Then, you put the two halves against each other (red meat against red meat, skin faces outwards) and wrap it in foil or plastic, put it in the fridge with a weight on top of it. Let it rest for 24h and then it's done . Slice it in thin slices with a sharp knife.

Sounds exquisite. I'd give it a shot .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #70
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have always bought mine, but your instructions have inspired me to have a go.
I always bought it as well, a few weeks back decided to have a go and was really happy with the result. The seasoning amounts I listed were for 1kg of salmon, which is a big chunk but it can go in two days if it's good and you don't get bored of it. Tell us how it goes
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #71
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i am in the mood for a big steak.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #72
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
Taco Bell is the worst place i have ever been too in my life, i cant believe i use to love that place
Taco Bell is great at 2am on exam week

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #73
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

food is overrated...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #74
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIboy View Post
food is overrated...
Troll.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #75
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That looks deelishious as hell

Quote:
Their selling point is that they are all the same. OK, they are cheap. But that means mass-produced frozen blocks of food to be defrosted and prepared McDonald style on an assembly line.
I mean yes they market alot like most of the other commercial resturants do but i can taste a difference between frozen food and real food, most real food has to be frozen anyways to keep the food fresh, its the way they keep the food in a freezer and how they package it differently and please dont compare red lobster to mc donalds thats the most ridiculous comparison you can ever think of..
Quote:
Good to know .

Hmm, never heard of the show before. But I know Kitchen Nightmares by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay (Come on, who hasn't heard of this guy ), an extremely similar show. It's hilarious how he goes off his head and starts swearing like crazy when he goes to those restaurants that are like, completely fucked up, crawling with cockroaches, etc, etc . But yeah, it's not particularly "food focused", but more like him making the dishes a bit more...I guess "food friendly", as well as the usual clean up, renovate, etc, etc. But it's cool, I watch it because of the drama. But it hasn't been on in some while. Last time I watched it was like early last year.
Omg Kitchen Nightmares is an amazing show of course i love that show as well, since in my cable we do have BBC channel so thats awesome that i can watch that show as well

Yea i like shows like that its really awesome and tear dropping(to me it is )
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote