Fed: If I'd won US Open 10/11 semis I'd have won at least one of the finals - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #61
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed: If I'd won US Open 10/11 semis I'd have won at least one of the finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Older Frauderer's fluke GS count = 16.

Older Frauderer's real GS count = 0.
Your trolling is too subtle. Try harder.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #62
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed: If I'd won US Open 10/11 semis I'd have won at least one of the finals

Five wins, one final and two semi-finals all lost in 5 sets at a tournament where Nadal struggled to make the final until 2010 and people think he's saying something far-fetched
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #63
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
No, in fact he thanked Roger for beating Novak in the SF of RG last year - otherwise it would have been a year without a GS title as well for Rafa
Actually as someone else mentioned, Toni said that Nadal had been terribly unlucky in last year's US Open ... because Federer had 2 match points against Djokovic !

Rafa said something quite the same : "he's been very lucky : I really thought Roger won it"

And the funniest was Moya saying "the real one who was unlucky in this semifinal was not Federer, it was Rafa how horrible for him !"

That said, I was not surprised that the one who started that thread was a Nadal-fan also Fed-hater (actually quite many Nadalfans have become fans of Nadal's because they hated Fed, the opposite -people who have become fans of Fed because hating Nadal- doesn't exist),

but I'm very surprised about the reactions of Nolefans here, including Nolefan

First of all how on earth is this a problem for Djokovic ?

Secondly when I read "stupid old fool" what do people want ?
When one reads MTF, one has the impression that every match is won in advance, that all this is scientific, and experts on MTF who are not fools of course do know, and that players should just admit this "scientific truth" rather than trying their best

And of course once "MTF's science" is contradicted, everything gets back in the opposite direction

Deal with it but Federer still tries his best on court and he believes.

It reminds me of Hewitt once asked in Wimbledon :

"You keep on losing like that, how do you do to come back and keep on believing and trying ?"
Hewitt answered : "maybe that's why I'm in this seat and you're in that one"
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #64
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Olderer should have been banned automatically for letting that match go, and thieving that potential 11th GS away from Rafa. Pathetic from Older Frauderer.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #65
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like I said. FLUKE.

He beat Novak in 2006 ....So much for being a fan of Roger:
1) You don't know your facts
2) You can't spell.

Goodbye .
divert attention all you want HE STILL BEAT NOVAK AND NADAL TO AMASS HIS 16 MAJORS..call it a fluke, call it divine intervention ...

He beat Novak in 2006 .what?

he beat Novak in the fourth Round of 2007 the Australian Open...what are you talking about

When you resort to spelling digs you know you lost the debate!
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #66
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
That said, I was not surprised that the one who started that thread was a Nadal-fan also Fed-hater (actually quite many Nadalfans have become fans of Nadal's because they hated Fed, the opposite -people who have become fans of Fed because hating Nadal- doesn't exist),

but I'm very surprised about the reactions of Nolefans here, including Nolefan
Nole fans like Nadal more because Nadal cannot beat Peakovic, while Federer winger waved his way to spoiling Nole's wonder year, much to their bitterness
Hopefully they can relive that this year too...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #67
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
divert attention all you want HE STILL BEAT NOVAK AND NADAL TO AMASS HIS 16 MAJORS..call it a fluke, call it divine intervention ...

He beat Novak in 2006 .what?

he beat Novak in the fourth Round of 2007 the Australian Open...what are you talking about
When you resort to spelling digs you know you lost the debate!
Was talking about US Open 2006 . I wonder how thick you can get.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #68
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by melys82 View Post
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...6787&zoneid=25

Roger Federer discusses why he went through a 14-month title drought on outdoor hard courts. Federer won the Dubai title on outdoor hard courts last week, his first crown on cement since 2011 Doha.

"Part of it is where Novak [Djokovic] and [Andy] Murray have played really well on hard courts last season and I was extremely close the last couple of US Opens with match points in the semis [against Djokovic] and that would have given me the opportunity to be in the finals, and I believe I would have won at least one of the two and I didn't, I lost twice in semis. I've lost tough matches, but it also has something to do with the strength of Murray, Djokovic and Nadal."
OP needs to edit OP and put in the actual quote and shut up the insufferable Noletrolls.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #69
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like I said. FLUKE.

1) You don't know your facts
2) You can't spell.

Goodbye .
Look up the definiton of "fluke" before you use it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Five wins, one final and two semi-finals all lost in 5 sets at a tournament where Nadal struggled to make the final until 2010 and people think he's saying something far-fetched
This.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #70
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, MTF. In 2010, the court was actually fast as well as low-bouncing. Think about that for a second. Now think about WTF 2011 (a slow but low-bouncing court). Now think about what Fed would have done with the extra day of rest. This, of course, all assumes there are people who can think on these boards.

I rest my case.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #71
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Look up the definiton of "fluke" before you use it again.
Look up at the majority of mugs Frauder Mugerer has beaten in those GS finals . Even my grandma would dominate them.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #72
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
We will never know about Mr. Federer's chances that year, or the year after, but I think his statement is a fair enough conjecture, considering his overall record at the US Open. Still, he had match points in both semis, especially 2011 on his serve, and lost, so he missed the opportunity to find out how he would have done, and does become a coulda, woulda, shoulda speculation.

Mr. Nadal's did get an easy draw in 2010, but his performance in the 2010 US Open Final was definitely good enough to beat Mr. Djokovic.
It was a very mysterious enhanced performance from him, especially regarding his service.
His 1st service speed in the 2010 Final AVERAGED a near miraculous 126 mph, which is 19 mph higher than his average 1st service speed in the 2011 Final.
He's come nowhere close to that speed since. Why?

Respectfully,
masterclass
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
masterclass, what are you insinuating?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #73
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
actually quite many Nadalfans have become fans of Nadal's because they hated Fed, the opposite -people who have become fans of Fed because hating Nadal- doesn't exist
QFT
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #74
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Was talking about US Open 2006 . I wonder how thick you can get.
WHAT THE FUCK???

Feds 2006 US OPEN VICTORY

Rd - 1 Wang
Rd - 2 Henman
Rd - 3 Spadea
Rd - 4 Gicquel
Quarterfinals - Blake
Semifinals - Davydenko
Final – Roddick
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #75
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually as someone else mentioned, Toni said that Nadal had been terribly unlucky in last year's US Open ... because Federer had 2 match points against Djokovic !

Rafa said something quite the same : "he's been very lucky : I really thought Roger won it"

And the funniest was Moya saying "the real one who was unlucky in this semifinal was not Federer, it was Rafa how horrible for him !"
Yea, they really something, aren't they? They all imply Roger (from their standpoint) would have less chances against Nadal than a snowball in hell. So much for BFF
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote