Memphis Chanpion 2012 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Memphis Chanpion 2012

Jurgen defeat Raonic to become the champion in Memphis. I am sure the 500 points will raise his ranking. He really needed this win.
Melzer df Raonic 7-5, 7-6(4). Roanic took a 4-1 lead in the seconod set but Jurgen fought back. This is Jurgens first title on American soil. He is the first 30 year old since Lendle to win in Memphis.
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Memphis Chanpion 2012

Melzer is just so awesome to watch, he was just magnificant this week, Congrats on him being the first 30 year old man to win it since Lendl and congrats on his memphis title. And also a BIG congrats to he amazing fans.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Jurgen Melzer capped his amazing run through the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships with a broken right big toe by beating Milos Raonic of Canada 7-5, 7-6 (4) on Sunday for his fourth career title and first since 2010.

Melzer ran over and hugged his coach, Joakim Nystrom, in the front row after finishing off the victory. Back troubles knocked Melzer from eighth in the world last spring to 38th coming into Memphis.

The Austrian broke his toe Feb. 16 when he caught his foot in a hotel bedspread in the middle of the night. He responded by ousting top-seeded John Isner and No. 3 seed Radek Stepanek before downing Raonic, who was trying to win his third title this year and second in two weeks
This was written on tennis.com
Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the poor quality from my camera phone!

ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
country flag Lucilla
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond repute

Outstanding performance at this tournament, congratulations Jürgen!
Lucilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Memphis Chanpion 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Sorry for the poor quality from my camera phone!

Who cares?!?!? ... the moment was sweet perfection!
Sweetspot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #7
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
Jurgen Melzer capped his amazing run through the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships with a broken right big toe by beating Milos Raonic of Canada 7-5, 7-6 (4) on Sunday for his fourth career title and first since 2010.

Melzer ran over and hugged his coach, Joakim Nystrom, in the front row after finishing off the victory. Back troubles knocked Melzer from eighth in the world last spring to 38th coming into Memphis.

The Austrian broke his toe Feb. 16 when he caught his foot in a hotel bedspread in the middle of the night. He responded by ousting top-seeded John Isner and No. 3 seed Radek Stepanek before downing Raonic, who was trying to win his third title this year and second in two weeks
This was written on tennis.com
oh sure ... the BEDspread!!!

Hey JMF ... bless you for reporting everthing ... but ... i'm pretty sure joakim nystrom wasn't with him this week. At least not in the players box, because I was wondering where he was and why he wasn't there. Instead, it was his trainer. I forget the guy's name, but I saw a highlights package that showed it ... i'll come back and post the relevant image.

question: for other pictures of this tournament and others, should we post them in this thread or in the "pictures" thread?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
country flag Sweetspot

Unhappy Re: Memphis Chanpion 2012

from the atp website. I tried to enlarge it, so it's a bit too pixelated. it is what it is. jurgen played so great this week. just a joy to see. so looking forward to indian wells. oh my gosh those legs!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
country flag Sweetspot

Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

@ sweetspot: were you at the match?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
country flag Sweetspot

Smile Re: Memphis Chanpion 2012

nope
I was home trying to find a decent stream ... the one i saw was pretty bad but did improve a bit toward the end . . . of course!

how bout you ... were you there?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
country flag ad-out

Yes I was there. Also at his other matches too. He played really well all week and seemed generally happy at his pressers. I saw him eating with his coach/trainer(?) most days too. He was on smart phone the whole time and not talking at all. Hehe!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #13
country flag Sweetspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Yes I was there. Also at his other matches too. He played really well all week and seemed generally happy at his pressers. I saw him eating with his coach/trainer(?) most days too. He was on smart phone the whole time and not talking at all. Hehe!
lucky you. I would have liked to been there too. Now dish! Was he texting? Or listening? Iveta was at dubai last week, but she lost in the first round singles, a day later in doubles, so either she flew to memphis just in time to help jojo break his toe, or she was already in indian wells preparing.

Wonder whether Bene and Jojo will play the mixed dubs at IW?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #14
country flag Sweetspot

I don't remember the name of melzer's trainer, but his coach is joakim nystrom, a swedish player in the '80s. he currently has a full head of hair, as shown in the first picture below ... but he used to have a whole lot more in his player days!

Last edited by Sweetspot : 03-01-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
country flag Sweetspot

Hooray! I found the vid I was looking for. the man who was with him in memphis was his dutch trainer/fitness coach, whose name is jan velthuis

. nystrom is his tennis coach. if you havent seen "Jurgen Melzer Uncovered," it's a nice one @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWXuyP1_ww