*** Indian Wells 2012 *** : Roger, keep on the good work !! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #16
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Indian Wells 2012 *** : Roger, keep on the good work !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
So it seems that Roger didn't hit today, just did press. Paul says Roger will start hitting again tomorrow ( according to a fan who is already there)
I saw this on tumblr also, person says it's from 2012 http://imagesofperfection.tumblr.com/
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #17
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

^^^Doubt that. That little mark from the cyst or whatever he had earlier this year isnt there on that pic

I was wondering why no one opened the IW thread in here, guess people are worried about jinxing their man as was I!

Hope you bring Roger luck duong, GOOD LUCK FED. Its a hard draw but just try your best!
Hopp!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
I'll try and post more in the Fed forum, but it doesn't seem so lively and active as a couple of years ago
I always wonder about this as well considering the fact that there are still many Roger fans around on MTF. Obviously the majority prefers to post on GM - which I can't understand at all when you think about the state of the forum there. Then of course there are people who have left MTF meanwhile or just post occasionally.

Thanks for starting the thread, duong

A draw ususally always opens up so we have to wait and take round by round. Raonic is surely on a great run this season so far and will be dangerous, especially considering that Roger has never played against him so far.

But I'm pretty sure Roger won't underestimate him and Milos also might be a bit nervous having to play against Roger for the first time. Beside this Roger played in Dubai against players who can serve really well (Lopez and Del Potro). One thing is for sure though - he can't allow himself to waste as many BPs as he did against Isner a few weeks ago...
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Federer focused on success at Indian Wells

By Greg Heakes (AFP)

INDIAN WELLS, California — Roger Federer heads into the Indian Wells tournament riding a modest win streak and hoping to recapture the magic that saw him win three straight in the California desert from 2004-2006.

The 16-time Grand Slam winner has already clinched a pair of titles in 2012, winning the last two tournaments he has entered in Rotterdam and last week in Dubai.

"For me it has been good, my body has been taking a beating but it is holding up well," said Federer Wednesday as he prepared for his opening match in the Indian Wells men's draw which begins Thursday.

"I don't think I have over-played, but I have played enough. I have to be careful I do everything right not to get injured."

Federer clinched his fifth Dubai Open title and 72nd career ATP Tour crown Saturday with an impressive 7-5, 6-4 win over Andy Murray.

"I have been feeling really good out there and it is nice going on to the court on the big points and knowing exactly what you want to do and what you can do and what you can't do." Federer said. "If you don't play enough you forget all those things. It can be a bit of a blur."

The world No. 3 turned 30 last August and says with age comes wisdom and the realization that you can't go full speed off the court if you want to remain at the top of the rankings.

"I used to do skiing, playing tennis, squash and soccer and you are like 'I can't believe I just did that and now my knee hurts and I can't move anymore,'" adding he was a vegetarian when he was younger so has always watched what he eats.

"I did my fair share of mistakes earlier. As time goes by you don't have the same energy level so you start cutting back and getting other interests that aren't so brutal on the body. And eventually you get to the time, where I am in right now, and you just don't do any other sports except tennis.

"I have to protect my body. I just have to practise well and stay injury free. Every player goes through a phase like that where your career becomes too important to you and you don't want to get injured doing something stupid."

Last year at Indian Wells, Federer lost in the semi-finals to Novak Djokovic. He reached the final of the French Open and the semis of the US Open and the Aussie Open but injuries also took their toll as 2011 marked the first time since 2002 the Swiss star did not capture at least one Grand Slam.

The third seeded Federer is in a tricky quarter of the draw that includes a number of players who could pose a threat to him.

Federer plays the winner of Russian Dmitry Tursunov and American wild card Denis Kudla in his second-round opener.

His section of the draw includes four of the ATP's top five match win leaders this season, comprising David Ferrer (18 wins), Federer (16), Juan Martin del Potro (16) and Milos Raonic (15).

He says his win in Dubai helped boost his confidence because he didn't go into it expecting to do all that well.

"I didn't expect to win in Dubai to be quite honest," Federer said. "I had a lot on my plate with the Davis Cup and Rotterdam. Dubai has always been the type of tournament where you play really well or not play well. It can be over really quickly.

"The first couple rounds were big for me and I ended up playing a great semis and a great final and really well in difficult conditions. I came out of Dubai feeling better than I felt at the end of Rotterdam."

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...1782c49ad4.1e1
Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
So it seems that Roger didn't hit today, just did press. Paul says Roger will start hitting again tomorrow ( according to a fan who is already there)
Thanks - this pic is nice... The thinking man. He has a little bit melancholy aspect but how is cute
He practices tomorow - today press and the photo shots

How seems he wild in this pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I saw this on tumblr also, person says it's from 2012 http://imagesofperfection.tumblr.com/
I'm sore this is not from 2012 - pay attention of his bag - it is not that he uses now but what a pic...
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I always wonder about this as well considering the fact that there are still many Roger fans around on MTF. Obviously the majority prefers to post on GM - which I can't understand at all when you think about the state of the forum there. Then of course there are people who have left MTF meanwhile or just post occasionally.
The attractive thing ab0out GM is the number of trolls there. Sometimes its just beyond hilarious, guess thats why most of us post on GM.
Fed forum has all the best members on MTF together, therefore lacks trolling
Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #23
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
The attractive thing ab0out GM is the number of trolls there. Sometimes its just beyond hilarious, guess thats why most of us post on GM.
I've seen it's pretty bad in GM today again. I guess Fed has had the audacity of opening his mouth again?
(no I didn't read that thread. I think I can well imagine the overall trollage. )

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Sure, there are trolls but also many, many haters who seem to dislike a player much more as to support their favorite one.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I've seen it's pretty bad in GM today again. I guess Fed has had the audacity of opening his mouth again?
(no I didn't read that thread. I think I can well imagine the overall trollage. )
Someone put a comment of Roger out of context and started a thread about it. I usually try to avoid those kind of threads but I am bored currently and therefore posted in there
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Someone put a comment of Roger out of context and started a thread about it. I usually try to avoid those kind of threads but I am bored currently and therefore posted in there
Lol just saw that, quality trolling. 30 year old Fed still pissing off the haters. Good.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #26
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

very nice pic!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #27
country flag Mystique

Quote:
Sure, there are trolls but also many, many haters who seem to dislike a player much more as to support their favorite one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
As long as we take GM with a pinch of salt, its fine really. Its the internet afterall. The crap people can spew online doesnt exactly have a limit to it. The best option is to laugh it away, and GM sure does give us a lot of chances to do that
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

A semi final appearance would be great. He'd save his points and not spoil the lead he's got this year. Very much possible but I won't go beyond that.

And now that you've said it, please urge the umpire to use the time-violation prompt against Rafa if you meet in the semis.

good luck.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #29
country flag paukay

paukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond reputepaukay has a reputation beyond repute

Go Roger! Good luck!

ซ VIMEO ป ซ About.Me ป
paukay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #30
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

When does Roger play his first match? Anyone?

Luna

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote