Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimby - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #31
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

maybe the invite another legend of tennis

Roddick maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #32
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer rejects Nadal's invitation to play exho for Nadal's foundation after Wimb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
I haven't disregarded that. And I do understand how important the gold medal is to Roger. And of course it's not for fans to decide where players play exos. I'm just saying that in the grand scheme of things I don't see how this hurts his preparation. I assume he'll stay in Europe unless there are grass courts in Dubai?

So though the scheduling isn't fantastic I also don't think it's that tough - given how much/how little Fed practices anyway there's no reason this should take up much of his time or harm his Olympics hopes in any way. You have more chance of injuring yourself in a proper practice session than in a meaningless exo which is played in a casual way. More a shame because the venue is grass and really the only current player that makes sense vs Rafa on that surface is Federer. After that Murray is actually a better opponent on grass given their recent Wimbledon matches - better option than Ferrer though clearly not as big a name as Fed/Djoker/Agassi etc.
I suspect that if Mr. Federer has the energy after Wimbledon, he plans on playing a tournament somewhere to prepare for the Olympics. And my educated guess is that the exho date interferes with that plan. So why should he play the exho instead of a tournament to prepare for the Olympics singles, which is obviously important to him? I'm sure if a more convenient date were arranged, he would love to do it.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
It's sweet that he's looking out for Novak. For the longest time Roger only cared about himself.
that after he took a care about Roddick
samanosuke is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I haven't disregarded that. And I do understand how important the gold medal is to Roger. And of course it's not for fans to decide where players play exos. I'm just saying that in the grand scheme of things I don't see how this hurts his preparation. I assume he'll stay in Europe unless there are grass courts in Dubai?

So though the scheduling isn't fantastic I also don't think it's that tough - given how much/how little Fed practices anyway there's no reason this should take up much of his time or harm his Olympics hopes in any way. You have more chance of injuring yourself in a proper practice session than in a meaningless exo which is played in a casual way. More a shame because the venue is grass and really the only current player that makes sense vs Rafa on that surface is Federer. After that Murray is actually a better opponent on grass given their recent Wimbledon matches - better option than Ferrer though clearly not as big a name as Fed/Djoker/Agassi etc.
I don´t think anyone but Federer himself knows how much he practices, let alone what he needs to do in order to be competitive at the Olympics. Since it is the olympic year, these guys haven´t got much time off the whole summer, so the timing of this exho is the worst possible. If Federer´s participation was so vital to them, youd think they would have scheduled it a little better. Now all they´re doing is putting Federer in a awkward position, because he needs to say no, no matter how much he´d want to do it. And I´m sure he would do it, if only the timing was better.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #35
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Heh, he'll be playing Hamburg for an Olympic tune-up.
Did Hamburg switch to grass jk

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 03-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #36
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

No surprise. Fed is a ranking point whore these days.

ATP should donate 1,000 ranking points to Rafa's exho.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #37
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

mother of all turkeys coming very soon.....reason for bitterness and chickening out.....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
country flag masterclass

The Newport Hall of Fame GRASS tournament is being played Mon July 9 to Sun Jul 15., with induction ceremonies on the 14 (Kuerten is a nominee). The exho is scheduled for the 14th.. It's only a 250 event, but Isner is playing there, and Raonic has agreed.

This tournament is the only ATP grass tournament being played between Wimbledon and the Olympics.
There is also a tournament in Gstaad on the 16th, but it's on clay...

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #39
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no - SCANDAL!!!
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #40
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
I don´t think anyone but Federer himself knows how much he practices, let alone what he needs to do in order to be competitive at the Olympics. Since it is the olympic year, these guys haven´t got much time off the whole summer, so the timing of this exho is the worst possible. If Federer´s participation was so vital to them, youd think they would have scheduled it a little better. Now all they´re doing is putting Federer in a awkward position, because he needs to say no, no matter how much he´d want to do it. And I´m sure he would do it, if only the timing was better.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Oh no - SCANDAL!!!
Heheh. Yep - much ado about nothing.
Funny to see Fedal still manages to rile up certain folks. Good.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #41
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
mother of all turkeys coming very soon.....reason for bitterness and chickening out.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #42
country flag guyha4

guyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is right.. he should practice in London as much as possible

TT Doubles :
winner: Fergana CH 2011(w/ KittyTennis) , Marbella CH(w/Tal20)
guyha4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #43
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

real madrid are the embodiment of opression against a people who wanted to live in their own way

innocent women and children who were gunned down so that "spain" would remain the same

to support a club that embodies that would be like playing in honour of hitler at an auswitz training club

of course he doesn't want to support that

good for him
Old 03-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
real madrid are the embodiment of opression against a people who wanted to live in their own way

innocent women and children who were gunned down so that "spain" would remain the same

to support a club that embodies that would be like playing in honour of hitler at an auswitz training club

of course he doesn't want to support that

good for him
Federer is so against Real Madrid that he specifically went to their training facilities to meet the players in 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvmIhV5A4o
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #45
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stupid move by Nadal's PR/Real Madrid's PR to announce the exo without determining the player - and with rumours of it being Fed already swirling.

Rafa's certainly making a habit of talking/leaking/bitching to the press about issues that concern more than himself##

anyway what's rafa doing playing any exhos in 2012 i thought he's the leaders of the season's too long brigade....IDIOT
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote