Murray is going to be stuck where he is forever until a young gun dethrones him - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #61
country flag GOAT in progress

GOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray is going to be stuck where he is forever until a young gun dethrones him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
murray has improved mentally and gamewise.....just believe me you all.....don't go by his performance in non slam events anymore.....

"murray version 2.0" released jan 2012

producer: unknown
co-producer: judy murray
promoter: kim sears
story, script and editing(of **** words): andy murray
director: ivan lendl
So true, good thinking
Mardy Fish: “I have played all of the top players but Novak is the toughest opponent because he has no weaknesses. With Roger you feel like you have a game plan of trying to get the ball into his backhand. With Rafa you feel like you can try to take his time away and get free points on your serve because he stands deeper in the court. With Novak, there is no safe place to hit the ball. And as a result you feel so much pressure playing him.”
GOAT in progress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #62

GOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT in progress has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray is going to be stuck where he is forever until a young gun dethrones him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
because he's 24 and he's sitting on 5. that's just silly. lol
So what, when Federer was 24 he has 6 slams
Mardy Fish: “I have played all of the top players but Novak is the toughest opponent because he has no weaknesses. With Roger you feel like you have a game plan of trying to get the ball into his backhand. With Rafa you feel like you can try to take his time away and get free points on your serve because he stands deeper in the court. With Novak, there is no safe place to hit the ball. And as a result you feel so much pressure playing him.”
Old 03-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #63
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

so he was ahead by one and about to win 6 of the next 8. lol.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #64

Quote:
so he was ahead by one and about to win 6 of the next 8. lol.
Miracles are possible
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #65
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this is all so silly
freaking life is silly ... what do you do? lol
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #66
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
One minute he's Murray 2.0, loses a match and he's back to Murray 0
He was Murray 2.0 because he beat Nole but it doesn't take Murray 2.0 to beat that Nole that played last Friday.

People just assumed that it took a whole lot of effort and tallent to beat the #1 player, when it really didn't.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #67
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Murray did improve as a player from last year. the thing is that there are Nole, Rog and Fed out there and they are just a bit better.
This is the same person
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #68
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
This is the same person
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #69
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

And here was me thinking that people might read too much into the Federer loss.

MTF and its lack of long term memory strikes again.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #70
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Murray did improve as a player from last year. the thing is that there are Nole, Rog and Fed out there and they are just a bit better. I still think that Lendl is a very positive influence for Andy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
This is the same person
Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
This is all so silly. lol.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #71
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and how do you know this? lol

Nole will be 25 by the FO. By the time Federer played his first slam aged 25(USO 2006), he had already won 8 slams. So Nole is behind.

Quoting romismak: "This is the most physically demanding era ever."

Nole is a grinder, he is nothing like Federer who relies on technique to win.

Can't picture Nole with more than 10/11 slams. He won't have Federer's longevity.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #72
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT in progress View Post
Miracles are possible
There are other possibilities...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Nole will be 25 by the FO. By the time Federer played his first slam aged 25(USO 2006), he had already won 8 slams. So Nole is behind.

Quoting romismak: "This is the most physically demanding era ever."

Nole is a grinder, he is nothing like Federer who relies on technique to win.

Can't picture Nole with more than 10/11 slams. He won't have Federer's longevity.
And you are looking at day and month of birth, and the zodiac sign. 25 is 25, 24 is 24 years it's so simple
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #74
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT in progress View Post
And you are looking at day and month of birth, and the zodiac sign. 25 is 25, 24 is 24 years it's so simple
Nope. Nole is a grinder, unlike Federer. Grinders don't have long careers.

If you think Nole will be winning slams in his late twenties, you've got another thing coming.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #75
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Nope. Nole is a grinder, unlike Federer. Grinders don't have long careers.

If you think Nole will be winning slams in his late twenties, you've got another thing coming.
nonsense, Nole is not a grinder. he simply goes from great defense to great offense. it's working out . as far as how long his career will last, who knows? some of you Fed fans tend to idolize Roger too much. Novak is very athletic... we'll see
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote