Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is worse, health wise?

• 2-3 drinks a night

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 20-25 drinks, but once a week, giving ur body 7 days to recover

Votes: 27 84.4%

Whats worse, 2-3 drinks a day, or 20-25 alcoholic drinks in one night once a week?

5K views 59 replies 34 participants last post by  TigerTim 
#1 ·
Most of the healthy drinking guide lines suggest for a male, no more than 3 units a day, which I guess is reasonable.

I often wondered though, many people like a glass or two with dinner, but some like myself prefer to "save" their drinks for the purposes of getting quite intoxicated once or twice a week.

In essence, what im asking, is whats worse, having a few units a night on average, and getting tipsy every night, or just getting drunk once a week.

This is a question thats never been seriously answered by any research.

On the one scenario, you are never getting smahsed, never drinking so much you pass out or spew.

On the other, you are hammering your organs and body, till the point you will often spew (actually good, you might get some booze out of your system before it goes into the bloodstream), but your only doing it once to twice a week, giving your liver/kidneys/heart/other organs total off days to recover and regenerate.

I just dont know.

There are two types of drinkers. Though often the type I am might have a few drinks a night anyway and still get hammered once a week still, though I tend to abstain during the week cause I know I will be drinking a lot in the weekend or whatever day I drink.

Whats your feelings?

Alcohol is techincally a posion, though some studies have suggested small amounts may be good for the heart, though if u take it in 20 doses at once, im not sure if you get the benefits.

What do you think?

See less See more
Reactions: Bagelicious
#3 ·
2-3 a day will just ruin your face as you get older, and slowly rot you inside, but you're giving your body some time to recover. With 20-25 a night once a week, you're bound to end up liver-less before the year's up. In fact the hospital you'll regularly attend will put an end to your drinking.

#5 ·
Bro;

Alcohol, in the RIGHT ammount, will improve sexual performance/lasting time, and thats a FACT :)

#8 ·
Now, if we are going to talk about sociability and the like, we obviously need to discuss what type of drinks one would be partaking in. Because if it's beer, that's a big no-no. But a trendy, upscale.............yes, let me say it, a classic, fruity, gay drink, will make even the douchiest of douche drunks look classy. Now, that wouldn't make drinking 20-25 of those drinks a week healthy, but 2-3 at the bar at night per say......and straight guys will have ladies jumping all over them! So I think the choice is very easy to make here.

#10 ·
2-3 drinks a day is sad, because it means you drink alone. That said, there was a time where I drank a triple Bacardi and lime (yuck!) nightly for about a year.

The only reason I like partying is alcohol. Alcohol and me are best buds, until it shuts off the lights, then it's not being so much of a bro.

#14 ·
I don't really drink much if at all, really.

How many drinks in a week? I'm gonna need to use a decimal on this one.

Let's just say less than one. As for the thread, 2-3 drinks a week ought to suffice, as Arsen pointed out.

#15 ·
a bottle of rum every night keeps the doctor away.....

i barely ever tasted alcoholic drinks.....so i wouldn't know much.....i prefer to stay healthy, young and fit.....be a vegetarian and eat a lot of onion and leafy vegetables.....onion improves sexual performance.....

i heard that a pint of top notch red wine every 3 days also improves sex life and keeps people in top condition......moderate drinking is good but most people end up becoming heavy drinkers.....

#16 ·
not difficult at all, even if you have time for recuperation, that much drinking can be extremely dangerous and life threatening. a night with 25 drinks you might pass out and never wake up. bit of an extreme # to use. 2-3 drinks a day is much more common

#19 ·
Not if you build a tollerance.

I used to be a lightweight when I started, like everyone. If I drank fast, even only 4-5 drinks could make me silly.

There is not a time when I drink now when I dont have at least 15 drinks. I had 22-24 standard drinks or thereabouts just like a week and a half ago. Over the course of say 10-11 hours. Sure I vommited and that, and eventually went to sleep that night, but no chance of me dieing.

If you practice all the time, your tollerance goes up pretty much every time.

Even people who do die, is usually vommiting in your sleep and essentially asphyxiating yourself with vommit. Thats just what you have to watch really.

Despite what people will have you believe, it is very very difficult to kill yourself with alcohol - that being alcohol being the sole cause of your death and not some secondary factor like driving or choking on vommit/death by misadventure etc.

#17 ·
As long as you drink a glass of water afterwards the same amount of water to cancel it out afterwards both scenarios are fine.

Oh and boogers are also helpful.

Ajde.

#22 ·
Both options are the healthiest. Anyone that doesn't agree are blatant trolls.

#24 ·
Im 20 deep right now;

I dont think ill die tonight..

#26 ·
Why not? Because of arbitrary rules imposed on us by society? There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a drink everyday or drinking alone or whatever else someone might disapprove of. Use common sense, don't allow drinking to control your life and you will be fine.

#28 ·
a pint of wine every three days is the max limit of what can be called moderate drinking.....best taken with food.....i say 3 days because a small glass of it each day will never be enough and you end up drinking almost 2 pints in 3 days which is not desired.....so best to have a full pint of it slowly with a good meal once every three days.....i avoid social drinking and never drink when somebody asks me to, i drink only when i feel like drinking.....i agree that it's just bullshit to drink just for the heck that you happen to be in a social gathering.....

Reactions: Topspindoctor
#37 ·
I am probably an alcoholic compared to an average citizen of Switzerland like you who will probably pass out from 2 beers like a little girl.

Sure mate. Topspindoc is only 27, he can drink until he passes out and still he wouldn't be much worse for that. Keep doing that until you are 47 or so, and you will see what it means, however there will be no turning back then.
I can drink until I pass out, but the last time I've done so is when I was a teenager. I do drink almost every day though, small glass of whiskey after work with ice, nothing wrong with that tbh.

#35 ·
Alcohol problems arent about how much an individual drinks, theyre about how they affect your quality of life.

Its sounds like Topspindocs life is just fine so no alcoholic.

#40 ·
You gotta be kidding. :) Alcohol is one of the major causes of death in Russia if I remember correctly, and probably it's not much better in most of the Eastern and Northern Europe. The whiskey you drink would probably taste like water, compared to home-made stuff most of the folks regularly keep at home here :p

#42 ·
Love the people here who think/freak out that having 20-30 drinks over the course of a night/afternoon and into the morning will kill you.

Let me tell you, where I live in New Zealand, people do that on a weekly basis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.