Will Federer get to 2nd place in the rankings before RG? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer get to 2nd in the rankings before RG?

Yes 50 44.64%
No 62 55.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #76
country flag Nagime

Nagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer get to 2nd place in the rankings before RG?

Is important to remember that all the other tournaments after Miami will drop the points on the monday of the R1, so before the tournament. So, as Rafa will lose 1.000 points from Monte Carlo on the april 16th and the tournament starts on 15th, he needs to finish Miami with 1.000 points ahead of Federer. I'm not sure if is cheating or "bending the rules", as most likely he'll retain the #2 after, but possibly Fed will regain the number 2 spot for one week. Right now the distance is still 1.225 points (winning tomorrow, 825)
Nagime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #77
country flag Nagime

Nagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond repute

If Fed wins IW and Miami and if Nadal reaches only the semifinal there, Fed goes to 9.990 and Nadal 9.935. But there's still the game against Isner tomorrow, so let's not put the wheels in the front of the horses, as a brazilian saying goes
Nagime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #78
country flag OnlyOneGOAT
Banned!

OnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Federer Will Be #2 at Roland Garros

If he wins tomorrow, he'll be less than 1000 points behind Nadal. Between now and RG, Nadal has to defend 3300 points and Federer only 990. If Nadal is a 3 seed and is on Djokovic's side of the bracket it's going to be a wild tournament.
OnlyOneGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #79
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer Will Be #2 at Roland Garros

It's a 3-way battle for #1 right now. Nothing is set in stone. Everything right now is up in play. ONE early loss from any of the three players at an event where they are defending significant points will change the game entirely. Can Djokovic defend his Rome and Madrid titles? Will Rafa play all four big clay events? Can Roger translate his HC form to clay? If he does, then he's got a big chance, at Rome especially, to gain points, but not playing MC hurts. Nole has his chance at Monte Carlo to gain a lot and use that as a buffer for potential losses at other events.

There is absolutely no reason to believe Rafa will not once again dominate on clay. So unless he suddenly drops in form to the point he loses at a clay event before the finals at the very least, he will be in a good spot. Pressure is on Fed to continue his hot performance.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #80
country flag OnlyOneGOAT
Banned!

OnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeOnlyOneGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOneGOAT View Post
If he wins tomorrow, he'll be less than 1000 points behind Nadal. Between now and RG, Nadal has to defend 3300 points and Federer only 990. If Nadal is a 3 seed and is on Djokovic's side of the bracket it's going to be a wild tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
It's a 3-way battle for #1 right now. Nothing is set in stone. Everything right now is up in play. ONE early loss from any of the three players at an event where they are defending significant points will change the game entirely. Can Djokovic defend his Rome and Madrid titles? Will Rafa play all four big clay events? Can Roger translate his HC form to clay? If he does, then he's got a big chance, at Rome especially, to gain points, but not playing MC hurts. Nole has his chance at Monte Carlo to gain a lot and use that as a buffer for potential losses at other events.

There is absolutely no reason to believe Rafa will not once again dominate on clay. So unless he suddenly drops in form to the point he loses at a clay event before the finals at the very least, he will be in a good spot. Pressure is on Fed to continue his hot performance.
Has he announced hes not playing MC? I know he took a WC last year. It is strange that a lot of guys don't play MC. It used to be 500 but now its a 1000 so its definitely strange.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #81
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he's entered officially, but we'll find out soon for sure. With that said he can take a WC again, obviously, so we won't really know whether or not he's playing there until like the week or a few days before the event starts. MC isn't a mandatory event anymore, which I don't like, but I'll stay on topic. Fed has to keep up his hot streak and Rafa/Nole have to have a lapse somewhere. Still more questions than answers right now, more hypotheticals than anything else.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #82
country flag OnlyOneGOAT
Banned!

Quote:
I don't think he's entered officially, but we'll find out soon for sure. With that said he can take a WC again, obviously, so we won't really know whether or not he's playing there until like the week or a few days before the event starts. MC isn't a mandatory event anymore, which I don't like, but I'll stay on topic. Fed has to keep up his hot streak and Rafa/Nole have to have a lapse somewhere. Still more questions than answers right now, more hypotheticals than anything else.
Yeah, Fed has to keep winning but with the way thngs are going right now you have to favor him to continue this hot streak. He's playing out of his skin right now.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #83
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Looks like my prediction might not be so far fetched after all.
Could be more than you expected and overtake your boy Novak too you know
Old 03-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #84
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Federer will reserve himself in Clay Season for Wimbledon.
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #85
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Could be more than you expected and overtake your boy Novak too you know
I wouldn't mind if Nole lost his ranking, as long as he keeps up the slam wins.

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #86
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

If only Murray would pull his head out of his ass and make up some points in Miami.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #87
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
If only Murray would pull his head out of his ass and make up some points in Miami.
Do you know when is the draw taking place?
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #88
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Pretty much spot on Mr. Filo. I think Federer's best chance to win a clay tournament will be at the new blue clay in Madrid, not Rome. That said, if he wins in Madrid, he'll gain 640 points over his semifinal loss last year. If he only makes the finals there, he gains 240. If he makes the semi's in Rome, he'll gain 270, finals, 510 gain. He needs to win in Rome to gain 910. I think he can gain in both places.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #89
country flag coonster14

coonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond reputecoonster14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Do you know when is the draw taking place?
12:15pm Miami time on Monday 19/3/12

Source: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...39&postcount=1

Also supporting: Rusty, Pics, Nalby, Nando, Baggy, Kei, Isner, Blake, Kolya, Berdych, Richie, Soderling, Gil

Ana - Wozzy - Vika - Kimmy - Makiri

AGASSI,RAFTER,SAFIN
coonster14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #90
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyOneGOAT View Post
Has he announced hes not playing MC? I know he took a WC last year. It is strange that a lot of guys don't play MC. It used to be 500 but now its a 1000 so its definitely strange.
He is not scheduled to play in Monte-Carlo this year. His point loss there will be minimal - 180. I think Federer's primary focus this year is on the grass. He has scheduled an additional tournament - Halle. And if he plays an unscheduled tournament anywhere, it will probably be during the almost 3 week hiatus between Wimbledon and the Olympics. I suspect if he is feeling good after Wimbledon, he might go for the Newport grass, even though it is just a 250, but it's just a hunch. Newport finishes on the 15th. Nadal's charity match was scheduled for the 14th...

Respectively,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote