1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #811
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

They are showing Kumar v Devine. I wanted to see Paul v Tiafoe, no luck at all

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #812
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
They are showing Kumar v Devine. I wanted to see Paul v Tiafoe, no luck at all
DeVine has some game. He is better than his results suggest.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #813
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, this match is going too quickly.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #814
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Devine over Kumar 60 60

Maybe they will switch to the other match now.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #815
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

6-0, 6-0 over the #1 seed. Yeah, that works.

DeVine had the look of a legit pro prospect in this match, although Kumar's level of play was pretty low. DeVine's serve, in particular, was impressive.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #816
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

And they do

Old 08-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #817
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well that was short, Paul over Tiafoe 62 64.

Tommy, take the title! Francis

Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #818
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Opened the stream just as the match ended of course . Can't believe that double bagel btw
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #819
country flag SHB

Just looked at DeVine's results this week. He hasn't even been gone to a tiebreaker. He's had it on cruise control.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #820
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm ready for Championships Sunday starting with the 16s 3rd place match between Kumar and Tiafoe in less than 2 hours, followed by the 16s final. Of course I will be rooting for Tommy Showing support for a fellow North Carolinian. And oh, Kozlov won the backdraw b/c Corinteli gave a walkover Hoping to see a lot of good matches today.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/kalamazo..._river_default
Quote:
BOYS 16s: The boys 16s final will feature two friends who are roommates during this tournament.

Jake DeVine, the fourth seed, will play No. 3, Tommy Paul, both from Boca Raton, Fla., for a wild card into the junior division of the U.S. Open.

DeVine upset top seed Sameer Kumar, of Carmel, Ind., 6-0, 6-0, in one semifinal and Paul defeated No. 2 Francis Tiafoe, of College Park, Md., 6-2, 6-4, in the other.

“Tommy’s an exceptional player,” DeVine said. “I’m excited. I know that we’re good enough friends that it’s not going to affect our relationship off the court. I know it will be a great match.”

Paul said there may be some joking about the match Saturday night, but by Sunday it will be all business.

“When we do talk about it (Saturday night), we’ll talk about it jokingly, like we’re gonna be like, ‘All right, so I’m coming out serving the first game and I’ll hold, then you hold,’” Paul said. “We’ll joke around like that. Then the morning before the match, we won’t talk about the match too much to each other.”

DeVine said a 6-0, 6-0 win against the top seed is something a player dreams about.
Jake DeVine.JPGJake DeVine

“A performance like that is something you dream of; the semifinals of Kalamazoo, one of biggest tournaments of the year, playing Sameer, who’s probably one of the most respected players in the country right now in this age group. He’s number one by, like, a mile.

“I lost to him this year in a heartbreaker in the Easter Bowl. He ended a streak I had going in the quarterfinals of the tournament of about this caliber. It was tough, and so I was really nervous (Saturday). I believed I could win; I wasn’t sure if I would win. My coaches prepared me exceptionally well. I had a really good start, which is key for me.”

Paul came into the tournament on a roll. He won the Clay Court singles and doubles two weeks ago and made it to Saturday’s doubles final with Alex Rybakov, of Coral Springs, Fla., as top seeds.

They lost in Saturday’s final to Taylor Fritz, of Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., and Anudeep Kodali, of Durham , N.C., 6-4, 6-4.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #821
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm disappointed that they are not showing the Kumar-Tiafoe match.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #822
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I just love these GameFace photos.

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 23h

Jake Devine 6-0 6-0 over Kumar #natszoo #seeyouinthefinals pic.twitter.com/UCpBFTQ3ug

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 20h

Congrats Tommy Paul advances to finals #natszoo pic.twitter.com/B1wZf86h0J

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 20h

Interviews with always entertaining Tommy Paul #natszoo pic.twitter.com/3p7WMSOsrV

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 2h

1&2seeds play for 3rd & 4th Kumar vs Tiafoe on now #natszoo pic.twitter.com/RN15Bppbbq

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 2h

Florida vs California Rybakov vs Fritz semis of feed-in #gottalovelastday #natszoo pic.twitter.com/N0PzOzskcH

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 1h

Arconada vs Ponwith are out there for semis of feed-in #onemoreround #natszoo pic.twitter.com/ArbJdLWqGI

Old 08-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #823
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

16s Boys Final coming up: http://ustaboys.secantnet.net/

Old 08-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #824
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Just looked at DeVine's results this week. He hasn't even been gone to a tiebreaker. He's had it on cruise control.
And now we know why his results are inconsistent. He had a hard stringing two points together. Yes, he has a big serve and forehand but like a lot of the big guys, poor footwork and ground game.

Happy for Tommy though. Didn't really have to do much, just hit to the DeVine's backhand.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #825
country flag SHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
And now we know why his results are inconsistent. He had a hard stringing two points together. Yes, he has a big serve and forehand but like a lot of the big guys, poor footwork and ground game.

Happy for Tommy though. Didn't really have to do much, just hit to the DeVine's backhand.
Still, there are tools to work with. He has a chance.

I wonder about Paul. He seems like the anti-DeVine. Very steady, but does he have the tools to compete at higher levels?