1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #676
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Quote:

All four teams from the USA qualified for the world finals during the North Central America & Caribbean final qualifying that was held in Montreal this weekend. Qualifying host nation Canada will join them at the World Junior Tennis finals in Prostejov.

As expected after the results of the first two days of the competition, the USA boys team won the Junior Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Final Qualifying with a comfortable win over the Dominican Republic on the third day of the round robin competition. The US boys, despite playing without their top player Stefan Kozlov only dropped five games in three matches.

The USA Junior Fed Cup team, who are defending world champions after their victory in Barcelona last year, took on Canada today in the decider for the only spot at the Finals in San Luis Potosi. The US girls won both singles matches and will be able to defend their title in Mexico.

After having defeated USA in yesterday’s top match of the World Junior Tennis girls competition, the Canadian team sealed victory in the final qualifying event when they beat Mexico in their last group match today. USA finished second with a win over Guatemala and will join Canada at the finals in Prostejov.

In the World Junior Tennis boys competition, USA and Canada had already qualified after yesterday’s ties when they faced each other to determine the winner of the competition. USA, who are defending World Champions in the event, won the tie in the third set of the deciding doubles match, to advance to the finals as the regions champion.

For a complete breakdown of the final results, click here:
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...ld-finals.aspx

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #677
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 5h

RT @chalkflewup: Daytona ITF (in Boca): Rybakov wins 6-3 6-3 over Langmo in Boys Final.
Congrats to Alex!

Upcoming Plantation ITF: http://www.usta.com/About-USTA/Playe...s_Center_Open/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #678
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Michael Mmoh ‏@MichaelMmoh 1h

@ReillyOpelka Tore something in my wrist, out for a month atleast
get well soon

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #679
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #680
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Juniors -- Cameron Klinger of San Jose defeated Nikita Matveyko of Kirkland, Wash., 7-5, 6-2 to win the boys 18 singles title at the Rio del Oro Junior Championships in Sacramento. Both players were unseeded.
Matveyko served for the first set at 5-4.
"I played a couple good games to win the set," said Klinger, whose height (6-foot-2) and power belie his age (15). "I think that hurt him mentally (in the second set)."
Klinger, who swept the USTA national boys 14 singles and doubles titles in 2011, was playing in his first tournament in two months.
"I was burned out," he explained. "I spent three or four months (playing) in Florida. I feel a lot better now."
Klinger recently began working with Fresno-based Brad Stein, the former coach of International Tennis Hall of Famer Jim Courier.
http://norcaltennisczar.blogspot.com...s-klinger.html

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #681
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #682
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't think Tommy Paul trains at L'Academie de Tennis anymore. They don't tweet about his results like in the past and his facebook says he lives in Boca Raton. Wonder if he is back with the USTA.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #683
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see he's in the final.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #684
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

a win against Rybakov on clay is good. I remember Rybakov had a good scoreline against Kyle Edmund in the futures earlier this year.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #685
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy Paul won the title 6-2 6-0, congrats
Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #686
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

first title for Tommy, long overdue. It would have been a sweep for L'Academie de Tennis had he stay with them (with Tornado Alicia Black winning the girls' title).

Next week, Delray Beach G4: http://www.usta.com/About-USTA/Playe...ray_Beach_ITF/

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 05-12-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #687
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tommy Paul and Jake Devine into the semis of Delray Beach (will play each other).

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #688
country flag Smoke944

Tommy Paul won the semi 6-1 6-0
Old 05-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #689
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tommy Good luck in the final.

Doubles Final: (8) Nava/Ponwith d. (5) Khuma/Kodali 6-3 6-2

Congrats to Eduardo and Nathan on the title.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #690
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Congrats to Tommy on his 2nd straight ITF title, 75 75 over Baker Newman.

Rhyne's Picture Thread