1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #616
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

GRIFFITH, William d. WIERSHOLM, H [1] 7-5 7-6(2)
BRYMER, Gage d. FRITZ, Taylor Harry 6-7(5) 6-3 6-4

Henrik and Taylor Good debut for Taylor; I hope that he will focus more on the 18s now.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #617
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 Usta Isc

Quote:
On the boys’ side in the 16s, William Blumberg of Greenwich, Conn., who won the 14s Easter Bowl last year, is the top-seeded player. Jean Thirouin (Houston, Texas), Jack Van Slyke (Canada), Jake Devine (Boca Raton, Fla.) and Robert Levine (Bedford, N.Y) are the other top players.
http://www.usta.com/Youth-Tennis/Jun...t_to_kick_off/

Will playing the 16s

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #618
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

16s Draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/B..._Main_Draw.pdf

Unfortunate for Connor Hance and Gianni Ross to land in Blumberg's section
Taylor Fritz is here as well.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #619
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

18s Draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/B..._Main_Draw.pdf

Mmoh vs Stefanik
Wiersholm vs Slobodkins
Tiafoe vs Walker
Paul vs Matsuya
Kodali vs Nunex Felix
Ponwith vs Mylnikov
Rybakov vs Arconada
Kumar vs Bryd
Kozlov vs Escobedo

Stefan has the toughest 1st round

Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #620
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 1h

Kozlov wins 46, 64, 63 over Escobedo. Entertaining match that lasted over 2 1/2 hrs. #ISC2013

Quote:

Escobedo seems to be having trouble with left leg. Down 3-0 in 3rd to Kozlov #ISC2013
Hope he is okay.

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 3h

Lucky loser Jake Stefanik def. Michael Mmoh(12) in straight sets #ISC2013
Michael

Winners from yesterday:

Code:
Henrik WIERSHOLM (USA)        6-2 6-4     Arkadijs SLOBODKINS (LAT) 
Francis TIAFOE (USA) [14]     7-6(6) 7-5  Walker DUNCAN (USA)
Tommy PAUL (USA)              6-3 6-2     Milen IANAKIEV (GER) 
Alex RYBAKOV (USA)            6-0 6-2     Jordi ARCONADA (ARG) [13]

Old 04-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #621
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

No. 2 B18s seed Stefan Kozlov has another long 3-setter but adv to 3rd rd with 75, 36, 63 win over qualifier Stefan Doehler #ISC2013
Stefan and 3-setters, feels like 2012 all over again.

In the 16s, William Blumberg(1) def. Connor Hance(15) 76(5) 61. Connor

Quote:
Two young pro prospects who may someday follow the same path met in the first round on Tuesday in the boys’ 18s division and battled for more than two-and-a-half hours, before No. 2-seeded Stefan Kozlov, 15, of Pembroke Pines, Fla., pulled away from 16-year-old wild-card Ernesto Escobedo from West Covina, Calif., winning 4-6, 6-4, 6-3.

Kozlov was a finalist here last year as a 14 year old, a year before he turned professional. He currently trains at the USTA National Training Center in Boca Raton, Fla.

"I really like playing here. The conditions fit my game great," Kozlov said. "I had never played Ernesto before, but he has a big game. I’ve seen forehands like that in the juniors, but not that often."

Just two weeks ago, Kozlov made the final of an ITF Grade A event at the Copa Gerdau tournament in Porto Alegre, Brazil, losing to the top-seeded player from Italy in the final.

Escobedo is currently ranked in the 900s on the ATP Tour and was playing in his first ITF junior event of the year. He has instead decided to concentrate on ITF Pro Futures-level events, playing in four of them already this year, including two in Southern California.
http://www.usta.com/Youth-Tennis/Jun...championships/

Quote:
An International Spring Championships finalist in 2012, 15-year-old Stefan Kozlov thought he was on his way out in the first round this year. Against wild card Ernesto Escobedo, Kozlov had dropped the first set, and had squandered a 3-1 lead in the second, losing three straight games.

Serving at 3-4, Kozlov was at deuce after a double fault, but he survived, winning the next two points. It was the boost of confidence he needed, and he took the next five games, and eventually, a 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory.

"In the second set, down a set and 4-3 deuce, I thought I was going down," said Kozlov, who reached the final of the ITF Grade A Copa Gerdau on Brazilian clay just ten days ago. "I started playing a lot more freely after I won that game, and I just came through some how, started playing well in the third set."

The 16-year-old Escobedo, who reached the semifinals of a Futures in Mexico in January and has an ATP ranking inside the Top 1000, immediately put Kozlov under pressure, winning the first three games of the match. Although the weather conditions on Tuesday were much better than on Monday, when the wind created havoc, Kozlov made a number of unforced errors and had difficulty staying in the longer points in the opening set.

Kozlov recovered to take the next three games, but serving at 4-5 in the first set, he threw in two double faults, the second to give Escobedo set point number two. Kozlov tried the surprise tactic of serving and volleying, but his backhand volley went wide, giving Escobedo the first set.

Late in the second set, Kozlov took a 5-4 lead when Escobedo made a series of unforced errors in one of his few loose games and Kozlov served out the set, hitting an ace to close it out.

With Kozlov finding more rhythm on both his serve and his ground game, he challenged Escobedo early in the third set, and Escobedo was unable to stay with him. Broken the first two times he served, Escobedo began flexing his left leg with what looked like a cramp, and Kozlov had two points to take a 4-0 lead, but Escobedo hung tough, broke and held to make it 3-2.

The match was well past two hours and many of the points included lengthy baseline rallies that challenged both players' stamina.

"I played three-hour matches in South America and doubles and felt fine," said Kozlov, who found the hard courts at the Home Depot Center more physically demanding. "Here, I played one match and am feeling it in a lot of places."

Although Escobedo, from West Covina, Calif., continued to fight, he couldn't get that second break back, with Kozlov serving better when he needed to. Kozlov held for 5-3, and Escobedo couldn't hold, netting a backhand at 30-40 to end the two and a half hour contest.

"I'm not complaining, but I thought maybe I should have made it not as long," said Kozlov, who did not play for three months at the end of last year due to an elbow injury. "It was a long first round and when I play tomorrow, it's going to be a little tougher."
http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29

Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #622
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't expect Stefan to have quite that much difficulty in winning the all Stefan matchup
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #623
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Stefan and Henrik made it through to the quarterfinals, Francis is still in a battle with McDonald in the 3rd.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #624
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 9s

Tiafoe (14) def. McDonald(3) 76, 16, 76 to reach qtrs. will play Kerznerman. #ISC2013

Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #625
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So....

Stefan will play Papa. They train together daily and should be familiar with each other's game. Spencer has been struggling since last summer, so a good chance for a win. Still hard to believe that Stefan is seeded ahead of Spencer.

Henrik will play Rubin whom he lost to last year (61 64). This is Noah's first tournament back from a broken wrist injury and he seemed to be struggling a bit so Henrik might have a chance.

Francis will play Daniel Kerznerman. Not sure what to expect.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #626
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Stefan and Francis will meet in the semifinals
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #627
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Stefan and Francis will meet in the semifinals
Should be interesting. Let's see if Henrik can join them, just took the first set against Noah.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #628
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 2m

Unseeded Henrik Wiersholm takes out top seed Rubin 4&3 #ISC2013
Will play Nakagawa next, good luck.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #629
country flag Smoke944

Well done Henrik. Hopefully he can make the final.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #630
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Semifinalists' H2H from coretennis

Kozlov 1-0 Nakagawa
Kozlov 2-0 Tiafoe
Kozlov 7-0 Wiersholm, Henrik