1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #451
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Tommy is in the final, take the title
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #452
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Tommy Try your best tomorrow.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #453
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nike Junior Tours International Masters

Good luck to Boris, Axel, and John

Boys 12

(1) Alen Avidzba (RUS) vs Dorian Bahloul (FRA) or Filippo Speziali (ITA)
Karlo Suevich (CRO) vs Sebastien Baez (ARG)
Guy Stokman (NED) vs Christiaan Worst (RSA)
Yuefeng Di (CHN) vs (7/WC) T. Machac (CZE)

(4) Nikola Kuhn (ESP) vs Tibo Colson (BEL)
(WC) Bodin Zarkovic (SRB) vs P. Gallegos Alvarez (CHI)
Jack Draper (GBR) vs Noam Kalifi (ISR)
Igor Gimenez (BRA) vs (5/WC) Boris Kozlov (USA)

(6) Mark Keki (HUN) vs Artsiom Bardzin (BLR)
Matic Podlipnik (SLO) vs Tobias Purrer (AUT)
Lalami Younes (MAR) vs Adrian Andreev (BUL)
Erik Grevelius (SWE) vs (3) R. Molleker (GER)

(8) T. Jirousek (CZE) vs Axel Nefve (USA)
(WC) Anthony Popyrin (AUS) vs Viktor Banczi (SVK)
Gonzalez Alvaro (MEX) vs Stefan Gazo (SRB)
Mischa Lanz (SUI) or Lukas Tomic (BIH) vs (2/WC) Yshai Oliel (ISR)

Boys 14

(1) Mikael Ymer (SWE) vs Kaloyan Valchev (BUL) or Marcus Walters (GBR)
Nikolai Kolobaev (RUS) vs Karlo Boljat (CRO)
Bart Stevens (NED) vs Daniel Altmaier (GER)
Mate Valkusz (HUN) vs (7/WC) D. Bednarczyk (CAN)

(3) M. Osmakcic (SUI) vs Lukas Klein (SVK)
Santiago Suarez (MEX) vs Vojtech Prokop (CZE)
Vladyslav Kyrysyuk (UKR) vs Maximiliano Rozas (CHI)
Yibing Wu (CHN) vs (8/WC) Casper Ruud (NOR)

(6) Louis Tessa (FRA) vs Yankel Zemel (ISR)
Nikolai Manchev (RSA) vs Alessandro Ferrari (ITA)
Matthias Haim (AUT) vs Gregor Kokalj (SLO)
Maksim Tybar (BLR) vs (4/WC) Eduard Guell (ESP)

(5/WC) S. Sippel (GER) vs Calin Manda (ROU)
Guilherme Scarpelli (BRA) vs (WC) Alexei Popyrin (AUS)
Nicolas Bacella (ARG) vs John McNally (USA)
Seppe Cuypers (BEL) or Youssef Lahlou (MAR) vs (2/WC) Jay Clarke (GBR)

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #454
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tommy lost 3&4 pretty good week though

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #455
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.nikejuniortour.com/ver201...sRead&idn=1512

Quote:
However, out went No 5 Boris Kozlov of the USA, beaten 6-3 7-6 (7-2) by Igor Gimenez of Brazil, No 6 Mark Keki of Hungary, who fell 2-6 1-6 to Artsiom Bardzin of Belarus, No 7 Tomas Macac of the Czech Republic bowed out to Yuefeng Di of China 2-6 3-6 and American Axel Nefve put out eighth seeded Czech Tomas Jirousek 6-4 6-2.

Both Gimenez and Nefve look dangerous floaters in the draw and could still cause more havoc. Gimenez overcame a nervous start in which he found himself down 1-3 but once he found his rhythm Kozlov’s best way of winning points was to hope the Brazilian lost them.

Gimenez has remarkable natural court craft and he read the Kozlov game to perfection. He moves about the court like a puma on the prowl and plays with explosive enthusiasm. At 1-3 he reeled off six games in a row to take the opening set and break the American’s opening service game of the second.

Kozlov managed to break back but looked to be fighting a losing battle when the Brazilian broke for a 5-4 lead. But he failed to take advantage and dropped his serve to love. The pair eventually went to a tie-breaker and from the first point it was all Gimenez. He stormed into a 6-1 lead and although Kozlov saved the first match point, he conceded the match tamely when he put a forehand wide.

“I was nervous at the beginning but I became more confident in myself and in my game and from there everything just grew,” said Gimenez. “In the tie-breaker I sensed he was getting more tired and as I was playing with the wind, could go into more of an attacking mode.”

Even though he has beaten on of the seeded players, Gimenez will not get too carried away. “I don’t feel any different. Every match I have a chance to win or to lose, like any other player.

“As far as the Nike Junior Tour is concerned I am having a great time. I have done everything the hotel offers but even though it’s NOT JUST TENNIS I’m still staying focused on the tournament,” said the Brazilian.

Nefve spent more than two hours on court to achieve his victory over Jirousek. In the process, he learned that patience on clay is a virtue. “I come from Chicago and normally play on indoor courts where I would rip the ball and try to put it away. Here you have to hit three or four shots before you can look at going for winners.

The American found himself 1-4 down before he managed to turn things around. “He had a huge forehand, so I was trying to work his backhand but made some mistakes in the first five games, so I slowed it down and that worked. He started missing and my confidence improved. He seemed to tire in the first set at 4-4 and began limping around.”

In fact, at 1-2 in the second set the Czech asked for the trainer to be called.

Nefve is hoping history repeats itself and he can emulate last year’s Under-12 winner, Gianni Ross. “We live within a few blocks of one another and play at the same club. There’s not a tournament where I don’t get to see him.”

According to US coach Phil Cello, there are a lot of similarities between the two players. “Gianni was a surprise qualifier last year and also put out a seed early on. He won a couple of really close matches to win the tournament.”

Nefve plays Viktor Banczi of the Slovak Republic in the next round.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #456
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

McNally and Nefve lost.

http://www.nikejuniortour.com/ver201...sRead&idn=1514

Quote:
CLARKE, MCNALLY SHOW TRUE GRIT IN TITANIC STRUGGLE
10-12-2012

PORT ST LUCIE, Florida, USA – There are times a draw would be the fairest outcome of a tennis match but unfortunately that is not an option. A dead-heat would have been the perfect result of the Boys Under-14 third-round match between second seed Jay Clarke of Great Britain and unseeded American John McNally as the two youngsters battled it out on court for three hours and seven minutes.

With Clarke cramping and McNally almost dead on his feet, it was the Briton who survived the bruising encounter 7-5 4-6 7-6 (7-4) and will be back to face another day.

McNally actually held a 5-3 lead and was up 40-0 on his serve in the opening set before Clarke increased the tempo and fought back well to win the next four games and charge ahead. But the American would not lie down and fought back strongly to level the match.

“He just upped his level, stepped up his game and got more aggressive,” said Clarke. “He took charge and I got a bit tired.”

Clarke broke the American in the 11th game and had an opportunity to serve for the set. However, the Briton lost his serve and the match went down to a tie-breaker. Although he was struggling to stand, Clarke managed to build up a 4-1 lead and maintained his advantage to close out the match.

“By the end it was more mental. I kept trying to hold serve, do my bit and hope I could break him. I got cramps but I had to keep going. I just wanted to hold my service points and I believed in my game.”

His plight was not helped by the fact that he had “a tiny breakfast and missed lunch’’.

His next opponent will be fifth seed Samuel Sippel of Germany, who defeated Guilherme Scarpellie of Brazil 3-6 6-1 6-2.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #457
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Good to hear.

Quote:
Stefan Kozlov ‏@StefanKozlov

Felt good to back on the court today.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #458
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Surprising loss for Gianni. I feel more enthusiastic about the girls

Quote:
Sam Riffice and Noah Makarome have earned two of the four places on the USTA 14-and-under team that will travel to Europe next month with wins today at the National Training Center in Boca Raton.

Makarome defeated Gianni Ross 2-6, 6-2, 6-0 and Riffice beat Patrick Kypson 6-1, 6-2 in today's final matches.

The other four boys competing in the two round robin groups were

Alex del Corral, Vasil Kirkov, Roscoe Bellamy and Sangeet Sridhar.

Two more players will be selected for the team in the next week or so.
http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/2012/12/makarome-riffice-earn-places-on-usta-14.html

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #459
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite surprised Michael is playing the U14 Orange Bowl
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #460
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
I'm quite surprised Michael is playing the U14 Orange Bowl
Me too. I would have thought Tiafoe might play it and Mmoh definitely wouldn't... but it's the exact opposite.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #461
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I didn't know the Jr. Orange Bowl draws are so big (128). I don't expect much from our boys in the 12s since it is on clay. Good luck to everybody.

MTF Junior Thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3#post12610633

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #462
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Is JaeHwan(Jay) Min related to Grace Min and Austin Di Giulio to Joe Di Giulio?

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #463
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Tennis player Mmoh is tall and talented

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/1...-tall-and.html

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #464
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Is JaeHwan(Jay) Min related to Grace Min and Austin Di Giulio to Joe Di Giulio?
Probably not and very likely (in that order)

The two Di Giulios are both from Newport Beach California so it's not a far cry to guess they're brothers.
Edit: and there's this http://articles.dailypilot.com/2010-...-junior-tennis

But Jay Min is from Cali, while Grace was from Georgia. And Min seems like a pretty common last name so i doubt it.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #465
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Oh okay, was just curious b/c JaeHwan is a Korean name and I think Grace's family is Korean.

Rhyne's Picture Thread