1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #301
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
The comparisons to Murray and Tomic are quite obvious.
Definitely! Hopefully he'll be more like the former and less like the latter. The type of game he seems to play requires a huge amount of work ethic and tennis IQ to stay ahead of everyone else as they all grow older. He seems like a hard worker and we know he's tennis smart. And all his opponents say his footwork is exceptional (which you can really see in the video). So he's got all the main tools he needs to excel with that game style. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep up the success. I'm so impatient, i want to see what will happen with his career right now! haha
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #302
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Nice find, will watch it later .

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #303
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

So many slices, dropshots, and lobs especially in the last video . It was pretty smart of Stefan to direct them towards Nagal's backside.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #304
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nike Junior Tour USTA National Masters

Code:
Boys 12 	F, S. Kozlov d. H. Wiersholm 64 64 	 
Boys 14 	F, E. Sprecher d. J. Murray 64 62

Boys 12 	F, N. Ponwith d. N. Schachter 60 62
Boys 14 	F, Z. Acob d. J. Restrepo 36 76(4) 75 	

Not played

Boys 12 	F, A. Nefve d. A. Fenty 62 64
Boys 14 	F, J. Mcnally d. M. Mbithi 62 63
Looking at the past Boys 12 winners, there is a good chance we will see Axel Nefve @ Les Petit As in the future.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #305
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Code:
Boys 12 	F, S. Kozlov d. H. Wiersholm 64 64
Has Henrik ever beaten Stefan?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #306
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If he does represent USA in Les Petit As, it would be ironic since he was born in France.

Whiz Kid: Axel Nefve

Quote:
Key to Awesomeness: Nefve was introduced to the sport of age of 6, but his surroundings growing up made him almost destined for the sport. Born in Paris, he grew up within walking distance of the red clay courts of Roland Garros, where the French Open is held every summer.

“It was pretty cool because I got to play on those courts and even go to the tournament a couple of times,” said Nefve.

Nefve moved to the U.S. with his family at the age of 6 and enrolled in tournaments shortly after. Since then, he has armed herself with one of the best coaches in the country by working with Jack Sharpe at the Hinsdale Racquet Club. Sharpe is a former touring pro who has gone on to coach players on the ATP and WTA Tour who have been ranked as high as 20th in the world.

“Jack is not only an amazing coach, but one of the most amazing human beings I’ve ever met,” said Monica Nefve, Axel’s mother. “The work he has done with Axel is just fantastic.”
I noticed that he switched academy 3 times in the last 2 years.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #307
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
Has Henrik ever beaten Stefan?
Good question, I also would like to know . Poor Henrik .

Edit: including this match, Stefan has beaten Henrik at least 5 times (don't think Henrik has ever beaten Stefan).

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 09-18-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #308
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Go Stefan

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #309
country flag PTWahoo14

I know there was a USTA 18s event on coretennis that had Henrik beating stefan something like 6-0 6-1 in the first round, but they forgot the part where Stefan withdrew from that tournament and someone else took his spot to face Henrik.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #310
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

A lot of the 97', 98', and 99' juniors @ the Waco ITF (Dallas, TX). Stefan will not be defending his title since he is on the Junior Davis Cup team. The qualifying draw will be out by 9 pm tonight, can't wait.

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournamen....aspx?t=125706

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #311
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Disappointing to see Tommy Paul withdraw, guess no random upsets from Tommy . He has a knack for upsetting seeded players, but can never get deep into tournaments, strange. Also disappointing not to see Henrik here, could use some points.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #312
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Random post

USTA Boys 12 Ranking (September)

USTA Boys 14 Ranking (September)

Still hard to believe Taylor Fritz is 6'5, wonder how tall he will end up.

USTA Boys 16 Ranking (September)

See the rest of the rankings: https://tennislink.usta.com/tourname...G3&ListType=-1

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #313
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Noah and Stefan are heading to Barcelona, probably with some other juniors. Should be fun for them.
edit: I am stupid and wasn't thinking. They are going to Barcelona for the junior Davis Cup, of course
Anyway as we said before Jared and Noah should probably play singles.

Last edited by Smoke944 : 09-22-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #314
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jared is listed as No.3 player, so he probably won't be playing many singles. Though, I prefer him over Stefan since this is clay.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #315
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Waco ITF - Names of interest - 1st Round

Mikheil KHMIADASHVILI (GEO) [1] d. Catalin MATEAS (USA) (WC) 6-4; 7-5
A.J. CATANZARITI (USA) d. Nathan PONWITH (USA) 6-2; 6-1
Yancy DENNIS (USA) (Q) d. Chase COLTON (USA) 6-2; 6-4
Nikola SAMARDZIC (USA) d. Stefan FRLJANIC (CAN) [9] 6-4; 1-6; 6-1
Jake DEVINE (USA) (WC) d. Chase BARTLETT (USA) (Q) 6-1; 6-2
William BLUMBERG (USA) d. Ruadhan DE BRUGES (AUS) [6] 6-0; 3-6; 6-3
Aron PIERCE (USA) [7] d. Simon D'ALFONSO (USA) 6-3; 7-6(2))
Robert LEVINE (USA) d. Julio Ricardo OLAYA (USA) 6-4 Ret (inj)
Francis TIAFOE (USA) d. Grayson BROADUS (USA) (WC) 6-2; 6-2 Keep going
Gianni ROSS (USA) d. Alexandre LATYCHEV (CAN) 6-3; 6-4 First win for the 13 y.o.
Reilly OPELKA (USA) (WC) d. Gabriel Inaki ESPINDOLA MANCERA (MEX) [2] 7-6(4)); 6-3

Rhyne's Picture Thread