1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #211
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

From the Junior ITF website:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 126479_BigPicture.jpg (42.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 126478_BigPicture.jpg (41.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 126229_BigPicture.jpg (43.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Michael Mmoh.jpg (125.4 KB, 10 views)

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #212
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #213
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

From the little that I saw, Francis won his match and they cleared the court afterward so I assumed USA won. Okay I'm off to WSO, will watch the rest later (woke up @ 4am to set up the recording ).

Old 08-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #214
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

They didn't archive after the first two days, did they?

Awesome job by them, btw.

Last edited by Smoke944 : 08-18-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #215
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

recap

Quote:
The USA faced Korea in today’s boy’s final with Korea hoping to defend the title they won for the first time last year. A sizeable crowd on centre court witnessed a match full of high quality tennis. The first rubber saw Yun Seong Chung (KOR) face Michael Mmoh (USA). Fourteen year old Mmoh is 6 feet 1 tall and used all of his height and power to gain an early advantage over the Korean. Once the resident of Brandenton, Florida got ahead he never looked like losing and closed out the match 64 63.
The second singles rubber saw Korean number Duck Hee Lee, who had not dropped a set in singles so far this week, face Francis Tiafoe. All signs pointed to a Korean victory but it was in fact Tiafoe eho started stronger. Like his teammate Mmoh, Tiafoe used his powerful serve and booming groundstrokes to control the match. Duck Hee Lee was unable to replicate the form of his idol Roger Federer and Tiafoe closed out the match 75 64. His victory gave the USA their first boy’s title at the World Junior Tennis finals since 2008.
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...is-titles.aspx
Old 08-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #216
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Final

USA [1] 2 - 0 KOREA [2]
MS2 Michael MMOH (USA) def. YunSeong CHUNG (KOR) 6-4 6-3
MS1 Francis TIAFOE (USA) def. DuckHee LEE (KOR) 7-5 6-4
MD William BLUMBERG/Michael MMOH (USA) vs. DuckHee LEE/ChanYeong OH (KOR) Not Played

Btw, I love the scream by Francis after match point .

Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #217
country flag Smoke944

Since you recorded it can you put the parts up on youtube sometime?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #218
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The quality is not that great, but I will try to upload them in the next couple of days.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #219
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
The quality is not that great, but I will try to upload them in the next couple of days.
Yeah but that's the stream itself And thanks
Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #220
country flag Smoke944

So now quick turnaround for Tiafoe as he is playing at "home" and making his ITF debut in the G2.
Btw I really hope for Francis' development that he will, like Michael, fit lots of clay ITFs into his schedule. Would be great for him.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #221
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tiafoe in red short and Lee in white short. Actual match ends at 1:41. I figured the amount of time needed to split the video is about the same as uploading it so I just uploaded the whole thing. I will upload the other match next time.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #222
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It is now official, Kozlov and Wiersholm with the USO Jr. maindraw wildcards. I was hoping that Mmoh, Tiafoe, and Blumberg can get a qualifying wildcard, but they will probably be left out .

US Open Junior Wild Cards Announced; Hibi, Meister in US Open National Playoff Finals; Gibbs, Bouchard Qualify for WTA Events

Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #223
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mmoh vs Chung, most of the match. Got cut off at the beginning and the end.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #224
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The draw is out for the College Park ITF: http://beta.itftennis.com/juniors/to...tid=1100026727

Tiafoe draws William Albanese, hope he is not too tired.
Wiersholm draws Nichoas Jarry

Good luck guys.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #225
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tiafoe won 60 76(15) and will face Sumit Nagal of India next, should be an interesting match. Wiersholm also won his match 5&5.