1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc. - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #196
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Today's matches (USA vs GBR) are in the video library archive (Tuesday 8-14-2012, same webpage ^). Was skimming through the video and didn't recognize it at first until I saw Tiafoe's forehand form .
It's funny you say that because I clicked to a random spot five hours in and thought it must be our doubles because of the red shirts. One of the kids looked like Michael and when I saw him hit an absurdly big serve for a 14 yo I knew it must be him
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #197
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1997-1998 Juniors: Wiersholm, Nava, Kozlov, Tiafoe, Mmoh, Blumberg, Ponwith, etc.

We beat Brasil 3-0 and play South Korea in the finals. Will be a tough one so good luck boys!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #198
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, definitely a tough final. Korea is leaking with young talents right now.

Semifinal Results

USA [1] 3 - 0 BRAZIL [4]
MS2 Michael MMOH (USA) def. Antonioni FASANO (BRA) 6-2 6-2
MS1 Francis TIAFOE (USA) def. Orlando LUZ (BRA) 6-4 6-4
MD William BLUMBERG/Francis TIAFOE (USA) def. Antonioni FASANO/Lucas KOELLE (BRA) 7-5 6-3

They went one step further than last year's team, but they are also blessed with more height and power. This year's squad stands at 5'-10" or taller compared to Henrik and Stefan who were less than 5'-7" a year ago. Good luck guys.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #199
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Yes, definitely a tough final. Korea is leaking with young talents right now.

Semifinal Results

USA [1] 3 - 0 BRAZIL [4]
MS2 Michael MMOH (USA) def. Antonioni FASANO (BRA) 6-2 6-2
MS1 Francis TIAFOE (USA) def. Orlando LUZ (BRA) 6-4 6-4
MD William BLUMBERG/Francis TIAFOE (USA) def. Antonioni FASANO/Lucas KOELLE (BRA) 7-5 6-3

They went one step further than last year's team, but they are also blessed with more height and power. This year's squad stands at 5'-10" or taller compared to Henrik and Stefan who were less than 5'-7" a year ago. Good luck guys.
To be fair we are developing the majority of them at the IMG academy

Btw how tall is Francis atm? Do we have any clue?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #200
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

In several pictures, Francis seems slightly taller or about the same height as Blumberg who is listed as 5'-10" on www.tennisrecruiting.net (not sure when it was updated). But they are all taller than Kozlov and Wiersholm for sure. At the WJT/Junior Davis Cup in Mexico, they looked a couple inches taller than Stefan.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #201
country flag Smoke944

That's good to hear. Is the final tomorrow or the next day?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #202
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

And speaking of IMG academy, I am currently following Gianni Ross (13 y.o., rising 8th grader).

He won the B12 Nike Junior Tour Masters last December and tennisrecruiting.net listed him as a member of the 2017 class so his birthday must be from late December 1998 to early 1999. I would like to know the birth year. Do you or PTWahoo14 have any idea?

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #203
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
That's good to hear. Is the final tomorrow or the next day?
Saturday @ 10 am local time, CC (streaming court): http://itfjuniors.tournamentsoftware...0A1&d=20120818

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #204
country flag Smoke944

CoreTennis was my best bet but since I don't see it there, no clue
Old 08-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #205
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I already checked that website, but thanks anyway .

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #206
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Is Taylor Fritz really 6'5 or is this a mistake?

Quote:
The real standout at 14s was 6’5 Taylor Fritz. Taylor went the ENTIRE TOURNAMENT without dropping a single set, in singles AND doubles! Using his big game and the quicker surface, Taylor was able to overpower his opponents, and dictate play, allowing him to put together one of the most impressive runs at the 14s nationals we have seen. He also teamed with fellow ADNA Select member Anudeep Kodali and despite having the pressure of being the #1 seeds, they cruised through the draw, and put a heavy stamp on their run with a 6-0,6-1 finals victory giving them their gold ball, and Taylor the rare feat of a double gold ball in a national tournament.
http://athleticdnablog.com/adna-juni...-1214-bracket/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #207
country flag Smoke944

Well his tennisrecruiting profile says 6'2 and that could be from a while ago, so maybe is close to that
Awesome scorelines in that tourney, anyway.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #208
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah, some of the information is outdated. For instance, Jared Donaldson is still listed as 5'2 (90 lbs), that must have been ages ago. He's gotta be close to/over 6' based on the pictures from this year.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #209
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

No idea about Gianni Ross, sorry. But I would suspect he was born in 1999, instead of late '98.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #210
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Saturday @ 10 am local time, CC (streaming court): http://itfjuniors.tournamentsoftware...0A1&d=20120818
thanks. 10 am local time is too early