My eating habits. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Does Filo V. have an eating disorder?

Yes 15 65.22%
No 4 17.39%
I'm not a doctor, why ask me? 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #61
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I think more than an eating disorder you have an obsession with looking good, narcissism and you care too much about what people think about your looks.

For what I can see here, people eat too little LOL, I have lots of vegetables, seafood and like to make most things from scratch if I can but since I grew up with a Mediterranean diet and I exercise quite a bit + my metabolism being fast then I can pretty much eat what I want (even if I really don't like greasy food but for the taste) without thinking "OMG THIS IS GOING TO MY HIPS!"

Honestly, you would die knowing what I eat daily

It is important to look good FOR YOURSELF but when your self-esteem is only linked to that, you know you have a problem, and it's not like BITCH PLEASE I DO WHAT I WANT, cutting up so much in your meals might give you health issues like gastritis.

Learn to like more things about yourself than being just a pretty boy (BTW: most of the skinny ones are really unappealing for both sexes) and try to enjoy food, not suffer through it.
i 100% agree with this post, put very very well. I think Filo V you obviously have some insecurity problems more than diet problems. what are you are eating is not really correct either as far as a healthy diet is concerned, but the reason you are eating this was is BECAUSE of your flawed way of thinking.
how you look matters, but life is not about only focusing on that? it is likely that your personality and like-ability in real life has went down with your obsessive eating patterns and (most likely) frequent discussion of worries and uncertainty's regarding what you eat and how good you look.

a healthy diet is not just salad and water. there are many vitamins the body needs. of course the body also needs a lot of protein and without that you will struggle to maintain a good figure. But like you have mentioned, your metabolism may or may not be slow and adding a lot of calories would likely result in a significant gain of weight?! Solution! exercise!

exercise is key. eating healthy alone does very little. even if you have the perfect diet recommended from a physician you would not be doing that well, and any doctor or trainer is going to repeat over and over - EXERCISE!.

your diet currently isn't that healthy and to make it more appropriate you need to definitely make sure you get plenty of carbohydrates (abandoning these entirely will make you feel weak in general) and protein and of course vitamins! popping vitamin pills daily does not work as well as some have made common myth, you need vitamins from varied types of food.

so exercise and eat other things than that very depressing and specific set of choices you have now. remember concentrating on how 'important' looks are is unwise as there are other things that are very important too (personality, hobbies, heck someone's eyes). focusing on image will make you sad because it is a flawed view of what is valuable to have in life! exercising also releases endorphins which helps make people feel happy.

maybe try running around the neighborhood daily for a few miles at good pace and/or take up something like yogo or..... tennis!?

so essentially if you change your perspective on life by stopping your horrible shallow attitude and eat a bit more robustly and begin to exercise frequently things will drastically improve!

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #62
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Maybe I'll take a fish oil pill every morning. I think that would be a good way to add some healthy fat into my diet. Thanks for telling me that story, I'm sorry for your co-worker. Is she doing better now?
I don't know, I stopped working there in 2006. I'm sure she'll be okay if she sticks to that eating regimen of hers, but it's a bummer to have such a strict diet just to 'break even' on the cholesterol scale, while others around you eat whatever they want without the health risk.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #63
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm eating strawberries right now and they taste very bitter. I rarely have eaten strawberries in the past; actually pretty much never outside of puddings or cake with strawberries on/in them. Not a fan but I'm still going to keep eating them.

My folks are eating pancakes. I love(d) pancakes and waffles, with a fried egg and a 1-2 sausage links. The last time I had pancakes or waffles was around October or November I'd say. It's been the past 4 months where I've cut basically everything out that I wanted to.

Last edited by Filo V. : 03-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #64
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
i 100% agree with this post, put very very well. I think Filo V you obviously have some insecurity problems more than diet problems. what are you are eating is not really correct either as far as a healthy diet is concerned, but the reason you are eating this was is BECAUSE of your flawed way of thinking.
how you look matters, but life is not about only focusing on that? it is likely that your personality and like-ability in real life has went down with your obsessive eating patterns and (most likely) frequent discussion of worries and uncertainty's regarding what you eat and how good you look.
I actually like obsessing with my looks That's the thing............that's the entire basis of why I eat the way I do, as you said, as I've said. My looks are my ace in the hole. While others have smarts, or athletic ability, that one thing that makes them unique, what I have is my appearance and attractiveness. The problem is, though, I wouldn't necessarily say my likability has decreased but people are scared for me. They're more worried about my looks than even I am, but in the opposite way----they think I need to gain weight. They think I am headed towards death. Particularly my grandmother.

I do frequently discuss my looks, though, I admit I'm paranoid about it, and my grandmom gets annoyed and tired of hearing about it, plus she gets sad about it. I'm not sure how others react to it, since I've always done it. My friends are looks-conscious too, at least most of my closest of close friends. The big concern for me is, yes, I love my looks, yes, I am focused on my appearance, but how much am I damaging my health and how can I maintain my attractiveness and improve it, yet actually be healthy. Because looks won't mean much if I'm dead in 6 months. That's my main concern.

I honestly don't consider my looks-consciousness a flaw, because looking good makes me happy. And looking good makes me feel good about myself. That, along with the positive attention it brings me, is why it's such a centralized focus of my life.

Quote:
a healthy diet is not just salad and water. there are many vitamins the body needs. of course the body also needs a lot of protein and without that you will struggle to maintain a good figure. But like you have mentioned, your metabolism may or may not be slow and adding a lot of calories would likely result in a significant gain of weight?! Solution! exercise!

exercise is key. eating healthy alone does very little. even if you have the perfect diet recommended from a physician you would not be doing that well, and any doctor or trainer is going to repeat over and over - EXERCISE!.

your diet currently isn't that healthy and to make it more appropriate you need to definitely make sure you get plenty of carbohydrates (abandoning these entirely will make you feel weak in general) and protein and of course vitamins! popping vitamin pills daily does not work as well as some have made common myth, you need vitamins from varied types of food.
Exercise..........I hate the thought of it, but I know I have to do it to be in shape and have the figure I ultimately hope for, and have the best muscle tone. But I don't necessarily agree that eating healthy alone does little solely because if you eat unhealthy, exercise is only going to get you back to square one. It takes a combination of exercise and eating healthy to be at your best, health wise.

I actually care more about my looks than my health, which is sort of fucked up and I know, ultimately, that isn't good, but it is what it is, that's where my mind is at. I honestly have thought "how the hell could I live being ugly." And combine that with my laziness, that is why I eat the way I do. I can probably restart exercising incrementally as I used to. I just have to get myself up for it and find the motivation and spark to drive me to exercise.

The boosting calories=gain weight thing is the biggest aversion to me boosting up my calorie intake. Because you body holds onto the calories as fat. Then you have to do extra exercise to burn that off. Once you get into the cycle it's hard to break.

I eat fruits and vegetables virtually every day, and those foods are generally vitamin-rich. What other foods do I eat to gain vitamins? I eat carbs virtually every day, too, with oatmeal. I know carbs are energy but they are also sugar. That's why I cut eating bread to 1-2 times a week only. But these are all things I can reconfigure and that's why I am asking everyone here, to gain knowledge on how I can maintain looking thin and sleek yet eat a healthier meal plan at the same time.

Quote:
so exercise and eat other things than that very depressing and specific set of choices you have now. remember concentrating on how 'important' looks are is unwise as there are other things that are very important too (personality, hobbies, heck someone's eyes). focusing on image will make you sad because it is a flawed view of what is valuable to have in life! exercising also releases endorphins which helps make people feel happy.

maybe try running around the neighborhood daily for a few miles at good pace and/or take up something like yogo or..... tennis!?
Running around the neighborhood sounds good! I used to do that every day. Actually I was jog to and from the gym virtually every morning, and the gym I go to is around 30 minutes-ish away, so it was a good run. I'm too clumsy to play tennis or any other sport at all well Exercising, well at least after you exercise I can understand feeling happy, because you've accomplished something productive. I didn't know what endorphins were until you brought it up, though. Based on what I've read it's a chemical that allows people to go beyond their natural physical limit when they are engaging in strenuous exercise. I can relate to that, because I know that when I worked out, I would hit a wall yet be able to force myself to continue mentally and then my body would catch up. I'm not sure if that's exactly what endorphins do but that's what I've experienced.

I think looks are very valuable because they give you things you wouldn't otherwise have without them, but I do understand that, yes, there are other things in life to focus on outside of looks. However, my appearance is my #1 thing. It doesn't make me sad to focus on appearance because my looks make me happy and bring me happiness and things I desire. We should all focus on our appearance and look good, for ourselves and to be presentable to others. Because ultimately, people judge you within a minute in this world, and you have to give off a good first impression. Looking good is extremely important to get where you want to go in the world.

You called my mentality horribly shallow, but I just consider it a different mentality than others have. I actually have no problem with the appearance obsession. That isn't my concern..............I don't see any need to improve that nor be criticized for it. I just want to ensure my physical safety, now and in the future. But thank you, you have given me a lot to think about and knowledge on some things I wasn't enlightened on
Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #65
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Tomorrow I'm going to eat a little more, because I've felt sort of weird today. My chest and overall..........I feel sort of light and my heart doesn't feel totally right. I don't feel bad, but my insides feel un-easy and maybe empty is the best way to describe it, sort of like I'm close to shutting down. Which is interesting since my actual energy level isn't that low.

What should I have tomorrow, all? I usually just have egg salad sandwiches or spaghetti when I want to divulge in more substantial food. Which one of those would you pick? I would really like both!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #66
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You called my mentality horribly shallow, but I just consider it a different mentality than others have. I actually have no problem with the appearance obsession. That isn't my concern..............I don't see any need to improve that nor be criticized for it. I just want to ensure my physical safety, now and in the future. But thank you, you have given me a lot to think about and knowledge on some things I wasn't enlightened on
I just feel like a lot of physical health is associated with mental health you know? if we care about the wrong things and focus on them then sometimes are bodies do respond strangely. It's sort of like in the book Wuthering Heights, Catherine dies of a broken heart! she gets ill mostly based on things in her mind.

totally off topic but my point is having a healthy mindset can't hurt! i'm sure you have many great qualities, and guess what it may be surprising but even if you were obese or extremely ugly, I am certain people in your life would love you anyway!!

life is not about image but about character my friend. but i'm glad you checked out some of my ideas! I jog around the neighborhood daily when the weather is nice and feel like mixing up the colors and types of food I eat really helps me eating well and staying healthy.

best of luck with your image and figuring out your diet and exercise plan AND i sincerely hope you change up the meals a bit,
sincerely,
Mountaindewslave

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #67
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
I just feel like a lot of physical health is associated with mental health you know? if we care about the wrong things and focus on them then sometimes are bodies do respond strangely. It's sort of like in the book Wuthering Heights, Catherine dies of a broken heart! she gets ill mostly based on things in her mind.
I agree that mental health can and often does have an impact on physical health, either negative or positively. Ultimately, being a happy person and content with your life and who you are as an individual, comfort in your own skin, is extremely important. If you're not comfortable in your own skin and you're unhappy, your body will feel it, because of stress among other reasons. Others will see it and your life won't be as good.

When it comes to eating, it goes both ways, if you have a certain preoccupation or insecurity, it can cause you to eat too little or too much, and both have serious negative impacts on your health. I totally agree, that being mentally healthy is so important for your life to be the best it can possibly be.

Quote:
totally off topic but my point is having a healthy mindset can't hurt! i'm sure you have many great qualities, and guess what it may be surprising but even if you were obese or extremely ugly, I am certain people in your life would love you anyway!!
I know others would love me, but I wouldn't love myself as much. Which is probably a sad thing to say, and most would say "aha, that's the problem." I've honestly never really thought about it, but yeah. I know others love me for reasons not at all connected to my looks, and I do too, truly, I like my personality, I consider myself a good person. But I love my looks I guess more than I love the other aspects of my being. The problem with that is, looks fade and that's an extremely fragile way of seeing ones' self, but I'm happy, and ultimately, I consider that the important thing.

Quote:
life is not about image but about character my friend. but i'm glad you checked out some of my ideas! I jog around the neighborhood daily when the weather is nice and feel like mixing up the colors and types of food I eat really helps me eating well and staying healthy.
Mixing up foods is a fun way to make eating enjoyable and interesting; it's something I should incorporate more into my life. I like(d) jogging around my city and going through different neighborhoods and seeing different sights. I'll have to restart that routine, in fact I've been thinking about it for a while and plan to start doing this again when it gets a bit warmer. It's fun and relaxing.

Quote:
best of luck with your image and figuring out your diet and exercise plan AND i sincerely hope you change up the meals a bit,
sincerely,
Mountaindewslave
Thank you for the well wishes.............I'm probably going to be forced into having to make some choices I don't want to and do some things differently. It's good to know I have people to talk to as a springboard and gain a bit of perspective and insight. Thanks again for the productive talk
Old 03-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #68
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Today I had a small-medium sized bowl of oatmeal, like 8 strawberries and then spicy fish and basically some cut fresh lettuce. The strawberries really filled me up although I didn't like eating them. Strawberries stimulate metabolism and suppress appetite, which is why I'm eating them now. Right now, my stomach feels sort of burny, since I ate the fish. Also had four bottles of cold water. Drinking the cold water really gives me chills but it's so refreshing, and also burns metabolism much quicker than regular-temperature water.

Tomorrow morning I'm having an apple for sure. Then I've still yet decide what to have for the rest of the day. I honestly think I have to eat more tomorrow just to stay alive through the day because at times today I just felt really off. I don't know if I can eat this small for another day without falling apart. The one positive is that my energy levels are actually pretty decent again tonight, like last night. The benefit of getting good sleep! Good sleep dramatically helps weight loss, too.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 AM   #69
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Filo V, you ARE a disorder .

Nah jokes, your a decent bloke. At least you eat.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #70
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually a big CrossFit fan these days, I try to do it at least 4 times a week and it helps with my archery a lot because my core is stronger and thus my aim is better.

You don't need more than half an hour a day of this to be in a pretty good shape, I exercised more when I was in college because I played varsity volleyball but I actually feel fitter now.

Maybe you can find something that will make you look better without taking such a toll in your diet?

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #71
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I'm actually a big CrossFit fan these days, I try to do it at least 4 times a week and it helps with my archery a lot because my core is stronger and thus my aim is better.

You don't need more than half an hour a day of this to be in a pretty good shape, I exercised more when I was in college because I played varsity volleyball but I actually feel fitter now.

Maybe you can find something that will make you look better without taking such a toll in your diet?
That cross-fit video looks like a lot of strenuous physical action

But yeah, that's going to have to be my goal. I actually like eating lighter but I have to get out of the territory I'm in now, where I'm basically starving and balance out my eating routine. If/when I do start working out again, though, I think I'll start with some simple jogging rather than doing the pull-up bars (which I dread........not good experiences when I was young attempting to do that exercise) and weight training
Old 03-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #72
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Nah jokes, your a decent bloke. At least you eat.
Thanks........and yeah, I may not eat a lot, but I do actually want to live, eating is sort of essential to ensure ones' survival for any extended period of time
Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #73
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Decided on what I'm having today..............egg salad sandwiches it is. It's easy to make and it's the healthiest option to have. Plus, it's filling and I can have a green with it and be satisfied for hours.

Had an apple for breakfast, gonna have a bottle of water within the next 30 minutes, and then the rest of the day it's gonna be the sandwiches.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #74
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That cross-fit video looks like a lot of strenuous physical action

But yeah, that's going to have to be my goal. I actually like eating lighter but I have to get out of the territory I'm in now, where I'm basically starving and balance out my eating routine. If/when I do start working out again, though, I think I'll start with some simple jogging rather than doing the pull-up bars (which I dread........not good experiences when I was young attempting to do that exercise) and weight training
I've always been very active, loved sports forever and thus this isn't as hard for me

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #75
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

So today was my egg-salad day, and I definitely do feel better tonight My body is still tired, at least my insides feel heavy, my energy level isn't necessarily high. But I feel emotionally more perky right now. It's nice to enjoy eating without restriction once in a while.