My eating habits. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Does Filo V. have an eating disorder?

Yes 15 65.22%
No 4 17.39%
I'm not a doctor, why ask me? 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My eating habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
the issue is when you care more about your looks than your health, you can mantain a good physical appareance without really starving.
This is true and why I'm going to change my approach a little bit and be less paranoid about eating. I can still be frugal with what I buy and what I eat without going too far, it's all a balance.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

do you take a multivitamin?

if you're feeling weak/dizzy you're probably anaemic.

if you will insist on starvation then maybe you can stave off some of the worst effects with a multivitamin supplement.

my breakfast probably has more calories than you eat in a full day and once I'm active or recovering it's not unhealthy at all.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by green25814 View Post
I'd say to Filo V that you probably don't (yet) have anorexia, but you are on a path which may lead you there. Its a terrible disease, my sister has been fighting it for three years or so now. So be wary.

My advice would be that you have a distorted view of how much potential damage to your 'looks' food does, and that to many people very skinny is just as ugly as very fat.
I really don't know the ins and outs of anorexia. Isn't that when people throw up their food intentionally? Because I don't do that. When I was young, I was actually lactose intolerant, but I grew out of that. I almost died because I couldn't keep anything down. I eat things without seeking to not digest it. What are her symptoms? Hopefully your sister recovers from her anorexia issues, and doesn't succumb. My best wishes go out to her.

I disagree about my distorted view about food and the damage it causes. Food can cause severe damage. Just having one hot dog or cheeseburger from McDonald's can ruin ones' entire diet for the day. Doing that every day or every other day can lead someone towards a rapid path of obesity. People eat things they think is healthy, when it truly isn't. Like spaghetti, it's adequate but the sauce is full of sodium and spaghetti is a lot of carbs. Carbs=sugar. Diet drinks, bottled water, things people would expect would be healthy are not healthy. So you have to be very aware of what you're putting into your body at all times.

Being ultra skinny to me is definitely not attractive, but it's easier to work your way from that point up, than it is to get down from obesity. Also what one considers skinny, others consider thin. I think most people know fat when they see fat. But skinny, the goalposts are less clear.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #34
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
do you take a multivitamin?

if you're feeling weak/dizzy you're probably anaemic.

if you will insist on starvation then maybe you can stave off some of the worst effects with a multivitamin supplement.

my breakfast probably has more calories than you eat in a full day and once I'm active or recovering it's not unhealthy at all.
The dizziness is rare; only when I really don't eat for too long a period in a day, which isn't intentional. But my body, my insides, feel really wound up a lot of the time, they don't feel loose. That's probably the #1 thing I feel. No, I don't take any pills of any kind. Never have, and I'm pretty hesitant about ever doing so. I don't like the idea of putting anything of the sort into my body.

Anemia is a iron deficiency disease, am I correct? I eat a lot of oatmeal. I don't know why I'd have problems with iron when I eat as much oatmeal as I do. Seems like it would be the least of my health issues

I know meat is the #1 source of iron, so maybe I'll add a little bit of meat into my diet. I've never been much of a meat eater, even when I was eating a larger selection of foods.

What do you regularly have for breakfast? When you work out or are generally active you burn more calories, so you can afford to eat more.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #35
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I really don't know the ins and outs of anorexia. Isn't that when people throw up their food intentionally? Because I don't do that. When I was young, I was actually lactose intolerant, but I grew out of that. I almost died because I couldn't keep anything down. I eat things without seeking to not digest it. What are her symptoms? Hopefully your sister recovers from her anorexia issues, and doesn't succumb. My best wishes go out to her.

I disagree about my distorted view about food and the damage it causes. Food can cause severe damage. Just having one hot dog or cheeseburger from McDonald's can ruin ones' entire diet for the day. Doing that every day or every other day can lead someone towards a rapid path of obesity. People eat things they think is healthy, when it truly isn't. Like spaghetti, it's adequate but the sauce is full of sodium and spaghetti is a lot of carbs. Carbs=sugar. Diet drinks, bottled water, things people would expect would be healthy are not healthy. So you have to be very aware of what you're putting into your body at all times.

Being ultra skinny to me is definitely not attractive, but it's easier to work your way from that point up, than it is to get down from obesity. Also what one considers skinny, others consider thin. I think most people know fat when they see fat. But skinny, the goalposts are less clear.
Self-induced vomiting is a side-effect of anorexia, not anorexia itself. In my experience with my sister, anorexia is similar to a type of extreme paranoia. It starts off with you obsessively controlling your food and calorie intake (usually for a fair reason, like because you want to be more attractive etc). The problem is what happens is that people begin to grow more and more delusional, where they begin to totally distrust almost all food, and are unable to comprehend their own weight/appearance. You gradually begin to convince yourself that you aren't losing enough weight. My sister describes it as having an inner voice constantly talking to you day in day out. Essentially, what you see in the mirror becomes like a hallucination, and you become physically incapable of seeing your body for what it is.

But the scary part of anorexia is that its not something you can just fix, once you get it. Its a genuine mental illness which takes many years of pain and struggle to recover from, and even if you are able to recognise that you have the disease, just like a drug addiction, you may not be able to overcome it.

I don't want to sound preachy but what you've described does sound to me like the beginning stages of anorexia, and you need to realise its better to act now before things get out of control. Its just like a drug addiction, fighting it becomes harder the longer you leave it.

Anyway, my advice is not to panic or anything, just have a quiet word with your local doctor and tell them everything you've said in this thread about your routine. Just get an assessment from a professional, and take in what they have to say carefully. You should be fine.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Self-induced vomiting is a side-effect of anorexia, not anorexia itself. In my experience with my sister, anorexia is similar to a type of extreme paranoia. It starts off with you obsessively controlling your food and calorie intake (usually for a fair reason, like because you want to be more attractive etc). The problem is what happens is that people begin to grow more and more delusional, where they begin to totally distrust almost all food, and are unable to comprehend their own weight/appearance. You gradually begin to convince yourself that you aren't losing enough weight. My sister describes it as having an inner voice constantly talking to you day in day out. Essentially, what you see in the mirror becomes like a hallucination, and you become physically incapable of seeing your body for what it is.
OK, thank you for describing it..........I definitely don't think I've gone that far, since I actually know I'm pretty thin and I don't hate food. But I can actually totally relate to the inner voice aspect, I feel that too in a way. For me, it's just an extreme pressure. Like I don't want to make a mistake and do the wrong thing by eating something that will mess up my entire daily meal plan. Also, I can relate to the paranoia, not necessarily about my weight, by my appearance in general; my eating habits just are part of that. So I actually may have the beginning of this disorder, which is obviously not a good thing. You sort of put things into perspective for me.

Quote:
But the scary part of anorexia is that its not something you can just fix, once you get it. Its a genuine mental illness which takes many years of pain and struggle to recover from, and even if you are able to recognise that you have the disease, just like a drug addiction, you may not be able to overcome it.
I totally understand that, because obviously, you can't change your natural impulses. That impulse is there, one just has to do their best to control it the best they can. I totally get being obsessed with something that could totally harmful for you, knowing it's pain it causes you and others, but just being hooked and stuck in the cycle of destruction. It's sad to think about, that feeling of helplessness.

Quote:
I don't want to sound preachy but what you've described does sound to me like the beginning stages of anorexia, and you need to realise its better to act now before things get out of control. Its just like a drug addiction, fighting it becomes harder the longer you leave it.

Anyway, my advice is not to panic or anything, just have a quiet word with your local doctor and tell them everything you've said in this thread about your routine. Just get an assessment from a professional, and take in what they have to say carefully. You should be fine.
Thank you............my grandmother is intent to take me to a doctor. I honestly don't think I'm in any immediate danger and I have control of things but it's always good to hear opinions from others to get a fair assessment, particularly from those who have the ability to give advice that is based on what they themselves have seen/experienced. I'll be 100% forthright about everything and we'll see what happens.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #37
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The dizziness is rare; only when I really don't eat for too long a period in a day, which isn't intentional. But my body, my insides, feel really wound up a lot of the time, they don't feel loose. That's probably the #1 thing I feel. No, I don't take any pills of any kind. Never have, and I'm pretty hesitant about ever doing so. I don't like the idea of putting anything of the sort into my body.

Anemia is a iron deficiency disease, am I correct? I eat a lot of oatmeal. I don't know why I'd have problems with iron when I eat as much oatmeal as I do. Seems like it would be the least of my health issues

I know meat is the #1 source of iron, so maybe I'll add a little bit of meat into my diet. I've never been much of a meat eater, even when I was eating a larger selection of foods.

What do you regularly have for breakfast? When you work out or are generally active you burn more calories, so you can afford to eat more.
there are different types on anaemia. can be cause by a B vitamin deficiency as well.

I have a big bowl of oatmeal (slow realease carbs) and a banana or glass of OJ (fast release carbs) for breakfast every morning.

I have the oatmeal with soy milk and add a scoop of whey protein, a scoop of peanut butter and teaspoon of milled flaxseed so there's a high calorie content from good fats in there too.

usually eat that twice a day as one of my 5 meals a day.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #38
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, thank you for describing it..........I definitely don't think I've gone that far, since I actually know I'm pretty thin and I don't hate food. But I can actually totally relate to the inner voice aspect, I feel that too in a way. For me, it's just an extreme pressure. Like I don't want to make a mistake and do the wrong thing by eating something that will mess up my entire daily meal plan. Also, I can relate to the paranoia, not necessarily about my weight, by my appearance in general; my eating habits just are part of that. So I actually may have the beginning of this disorder, which is obviously not a good thing. You sort of put things into perspective for me.
Cool. I have to say its good news that you are talking about this. My sister managed to hide all this for over a year, believe it or not. What happened was that she began regulating her meals obsessively, and they'd gradually get smaller and smaller. Even though she's on the road to recovery, she still has to regulate everything. Its impossible for her to physically eat something if she doesn't know the exact number of calories etc. Glad I've helped you out a bit here man

Quote:
I totally understand that, because obviously, you can't change your natural impulses. That impulse is there, one just has to do their best to control it the best they can. I totally get being obsessed with something that could totally harmful for you, knowing it's pain it causes you and others, but just being hooked and stuck in the cycle of destruction. It's sad to think about, that feeling of helplessness.
Yep. I think I get this too, nothing to do with food for me, my problem was drugs. True addiction is bad, but whats worse is when you know whats going on but can't do anything about it. For me though, I've found that the 'voice' telling you you can't change your habits is actually a manifestation of the illness. In your case, you have to think of it as that 'habit' living within you trying to protect its own interests.

Quote:
Thank you............my grandmother is intent to take me to a doctor. I honestly don't think I'm in any immediate danger and I have control of things but it's always good to hear opinions from others to get a fair assessment, particularly from those who have the ability to give advice that is based on what they themselves have seen/experienced. I'll be 100% forthright about everything and we'll see what happens.
Good luck, and good to hear. We can't have you go crazy on us mate, non-tennis would die

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #39
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Spinach is also high in iron and calcium (you don't seem to be having much in the way of milk products), while being very low-calorie.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #40
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Spinach is

I eat a lot of salad. I buy romaine hearts because I like crunchy lettuce, but then I put croutons, parm cheese and Caesar dressing on it. Or I get iceberg lettuce and eat it plain with cheese and bacon bits, or with ranch and bacon bits.

But I guess I do better than most people who don't eat any greens at all.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #41
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

So today, I had an apple, medium sized bowl of oatmeal (which I said already) then had a spicy bowl of peas and a basic salad (lettuce and a little tomato). I don't feel bad at all, I just lack any spark in my body. I could eat like this daily, with 5 bottles of water throughout the day, and just manage to try to stay from completely falling apart by 9:00 PM. It's around 8-9 PM where my body and mind pretty much start shutting down, but I don't even feel actual tiredness, which is the "interesting" thing. That's what makes it easy and makes it hard................easy in that I know I can keep this routine and eat like this every single day and lose weight or maintain. But it's difficult in the fact it's difficult to have to essentially throw my body around and muster the energy to stay awake until I actually feel like sleeping; plus the fact it's not fun feeling like this, and it's not really healthy. When I get down in energy, it's hard to get up and do anything unless I psyche myself into doing so.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #42
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
there are different types on anaemia. can be cause by a B vitamin deficiency as well.
Yes, I read up on it, I didn't really have any idea, I don't think I have anaemia, or at least a severe case, but reading some of the symptoms I can see that I share a few of them. Definitely something I have to look out for.

Quote:
I have a big bowl of oatmeal (slow realease carbs) and a banana or glass of OJ (fast release carbs) for breakfast every morning.
I used to have a meal almost identical to this, except the glass of OJ. I never drink while I eat. But I used to eat pretty big bowls of oatmeal, until recently. I cut the amount of oatmeal I eat in one sitting about half. Now if I try to go slightly over a medium sized bowl of oatmeal, I get full. Which is funny because I used to be sort of a pig when it came to food...........I could eat A LOT and not get full. But literally the past month-ish, I've lost the ability to eat as much. My limits are smaller and unlike before, I straight up can't push through any slight feeling of fullness without getting sick.

Quote:
I have the oatmeal with soy milk and add a scoop of whey protein, a scoop of peanut butter and teaspoon of milled flaxseed so there's a high calorie content from good fats in there too.
I basically don't put any milk at all on my oatmeal. Virtually none; I actually will put milk on, but then pour most of it off before eating. I used to put butter on my oatmeal but quit doing that a while ago. I've had whey protein on my oatmeal before and I need to do that again.

Your every-day breakfast sounds filling! I really can't stand peanut butter and anything with the word fat I avoid, but I know that milled flaxseed is extremely good for you. You eat a healthy breakfast, the type of breakfast someone in good shape should eat, and someone who is active will gain energy from.

Plain oatmeal; I love it. I could eat oatmeal all day every single day if I wanted to. Oatmeal in the morning is what gets me going.

Quote:
usually eat that twice a day as one of my 5 meals a day.
5 meals a day..............I never eat more than 3. I read that the best thing is to eat 5-6 small meals every 3 or so hours through the day and drink water in between those meals. I honestly have no idea what I could think of to have that would result in me eating 5 or 6 times through an entire day
Old 03-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #43
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Cool. I have to say its good news that you are talking about this. My sister managed to hide all this for over a year, believe it or not.
Thank you........I have nothing to hide. I mean, I know what my situation is. I know about the negatives about my eating habits; I'm feeling the negatives, health wise. When you have a disorder, you sort of become slick on how to feed into and accelerate your bad habits in a discreet way while giving the appearance of normalcy. That's when you're really deep into it, when you've been doing whatever it is for so long, whether it be lack of eating, alcohol, drugs, you know how to pass yourself off as being healthy, when you're truly not. For me, I can't do that because I'm living with and friends with people who won't stop bringing it up. Even if I wanted to hide my eating habits, it wouldn't be possible since my folks see everything I put into my body. They are very scared for me. They are more emotionally affected by my eating routine than I am.

Quote:
What happened was that she began regulating her meals obsessively, and they'd gradually get smaller and smaller. Even though she's on the road to recovery, she still has to regulate everything. Its impossible for her to physically eat something if she doesn't know the exact number of calories etc. Glad I've helped you out a bit here man
You have helped quite a bit..............it gives me a clear picture of what path I could be headed towards. The regulation obsession and obsession with calorie numbers I pretty much share with her, although for me, my obsession with calories isn't necessarily a meal to meal thing. But an overall daily thing. It's sad, I feel for your sister.

Quote:
Yep. I think I get this too, nothing to do with food for me, my problem was drugs. True addiction is bad, but whats worse is when you know whats going on but can't do anything about it. For me though, I've found that the 'voice' telling you you can't change your habits is actually a manifestation of the illness. In your case, you have to think of it as that 'habit' living within you trying to protect its own interests.
I'm glad you kicked your drug addiction! In a way I feel pretty silly about even potentially having an eating disorder, I literally just had that feeling right now. Compared to a drug addiction, I feel sort of stupid, like I need to get a fucking grip. I agree that the voice telling you that you can't change is a manifestation of whatever illness an individual has.............it's a lot like having an angel on one side of your shoulder and the devil on the other side. The devil is offering so many things that sound so tempting and seem like they are so much fun, but it's a mind trick and you know the pathway the devil will take you is emptiness and ultimately death. The angel seems so much less interesting and enticing, but it makes you wise, better critical decision-making ability, makes you smarter and last longer and do better for yourself and others.

It's all about wanting it and I don't really right now care enough..........even saying all of this, I'm still primarily focused on my looks. It's never truly been about food. It's all about my appearance. That's why I don't think I'm as fucked up as I could be or come off to others. Because I could eat pancakes tomorrow, I'm craving them heavily, but I don't because it will harm my looks. It's all tied in with one another, but I've never considered food to be an issue for me. But, I'm not the person to really say any of this, which is why I am asking you and everyone here and taking advice. I could be in totally ignorance and delusional about where I am and the damage I am/have caused and my overall appearance might be totally ugly.

Quote:
Good luck, and good to hear. We can't have you go crazy on us mate, non-tennis would die
Thank you I am crazy..........at least part of me is crazy. All the divas are

I have a ton of aspects to me. I have a chill side. When I was flyboy, that was one part of me. That was my serious, chill, more understated me. Filo is the exuberant, flamboyant, gay and out-loud-and-proud part of me. It all depends on my emotions, my mentality, who I'm with, a lot of reasons. I know this forum needs me though

In all seriousness, this doctor thing is something my grandmom is basically going to make me do. I have no qualms. I need to hear the honest truth. I pretty much emotionally numb, for the most part, few things really cause a reaction out of me, most of the time, I'm just existing; I've never thought about that in-depth in any way, it just is what it is. The one thing that really frightens me is death so I think really a kick in the ass is what I need more than anything so hopefully the doctor or something will provide that for me; if he told me that, like, I'm going to die soon because of my eating habits, I'd be scared into action.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #44
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Spinach is also high in iron and calcium (you don't seem to be having much in the way of milk products), while being very low-calorie.
The last time I had dairy was when I had a piece of cheese on an egg-salad sandwich by mistake, like a month ago. I freaked out after that..............because I've pretty much totally cut cheese out the diet completely. My grandmother actually brought up my lack of calcium just yesterday; she basically flat out asked where I was getting calcium from, and concerned about that directly. I used to eat spinach often, but I quit eating it because it has a higher sodium content than other greens. But I can probably re-include spinach into my meal plan with no issue and add some iron and calcium in my diet I'm missing.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #45
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

The greens I eat are:

Salad (virtually daily, no dressing, add a little tomato with lettuce and that's it)
Green beans
Peas

Those are the greens I have on a regular, daily basis. I have a green pretty much every single day. Other greens I have occasionally include:

Broccoli
Peppers
Cauliflower

Carrots I don't eat individually, but they are included in the organic vegetable packages I buy of mixed vegetables. Once in a while, I eat lima beans, but I've basically cut that out because it has a higher calorie content than other vegetables. That's basically it.

I need to eat more cabbage, because I love cabbage. I love most green foods in general. I usually just have green for dinner, like I had tonight with the bowl of peas with a salad, that's something I have regularly do, I'd say 4 times out of 7 in a week. And I always spice the greens up with black pepper, red pepper and also something cayenne pepper, plus onion powder, before putting them in the microwave to defrost. Because I want it ultra spicy to quicken metabolism.