Truth and Fiction. - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #226
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truth and Fiction.

Tipsa is a cool guy, from what I know about him.

What is it with him being called a homophobe? I've seen him being labeled as one quite a few times, but never understood why was that. Someone care to explain?

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #227
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
hes one of those players who i think doesnt deserve to play in a tournament. Hes a disgrace in my opinion and now ALL of a sudden he wants to take tennis seriously, PUHLEASE. Everyone knows its a grueling schedule im sure people would not wanna cope with it either including the top 4. So call me when he upsets the top 4 more often
Lol, what a blind hate, as Clay Death would say. Doesn't deserve to play in a tournament? Really?

Yea, he wants to take tennis more seriously, is that illegal?

Call you when he upsets top 4 more often? Yea, well, you can call me when the rest of the tour upsets top 4 more often
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #228
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you guys don't even have each other's phone number..

Old 03-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #229
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I bet you guys don't even have each other's phone number..
Now how did you guess that? Anyway, about being a homophobe, I think in some old interview some years ago he mentioned not being fond of gays, something like that, and since then people behave like he's traveling around the world preaching homophobia on every chance possible.

Bottom line, we don't know him personally/in private life, so whatever he thinks it's his business.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 03-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #230
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Why is homophobic considered an insult?

I don't see why someone should be thought of as being a bad person just because they're afraid of the gays. Just like I don't think someone should be thought of as a bad person because they're agoraphobic, or coulrophobic. Sure it's irrational but they can't help it.
Homophobia=Irrational fear of, aversion towards and/or discrimination against homosexuality/homosexuals.

Homophobic is an insult because being homophobic is a fucking up way of being. And as far as "can't help it", that's BS given the homophobes who have changed their way of thinking throughout their lives. People may not willingly choose to be homophobic but that doesn't mean they can't do something about it and fix the problem.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #231
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

He's said a whole lot of stuff. He's said that he intentionally avoids hanging out with gay players, he said homosexuality was gross and perverted, he attacked Mauresmo when she was still playing and called her perverted and mannish, he made thinly veiled statements supporting the anti-gay movement in Serbia. He's definitely not been shy in the past to state his opposition towards all things gay.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #232
Slacker

Yea, he was a nutjob often in the past, I'm not denying that. Looks to be over it, don't think he said anything close to that recently.

Still, saying that someone doesn't deserve to play in a tournament is rich, don't remember hearing that very often even from the biggest Nadal haters on the board.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #233
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I wouldn't ever say someone doesn't deserve to play at an event, I mean, their careers are their livelihood, so I disagree there, obviously, but as for Tipsa, I'll wait for a repudiation of his previous comments before considering being a fan of his or forgetting what he said in the past.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #234
♤23♤

Mauresmo is mannish though, can't argue with that
Still, he should've kept those feelings for himself obviously.

Anyhow, are there ATP players that are openly gay? Who are those gay players that Tipsa 'intentionally avoids hanging out with'?

Old 03-31-2012, 02:05 AM   #235
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Well, I mean, of course she is, but still

Janko didn't out the players he avoids, all he said was "everyone knows" who they are, and that he and others avoid them. Which is probably an indication why no-one has come out yet.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #236
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

TRUTH: This is another song that is like, 2.5 years old, and I shouldn't be loving it like I still do, but it's so fun and stupid and is like the perfect song to sing to and just let loose on. I usually don't like songs like this but this song is an exception. And the artist who sings it is totally off-the-wall and I like that!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #237
♤23♤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Well, I mean, of course she is, but still

Janko didn't out the players he avoids, all he said was "everyone knows" who they are, and that he and others avoid them. Which is probably an indication why no-one has come out yet.
I only heard a story about Seppi being gay, but don't know if it's true.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #238
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I can't give the secrets away for obvious reasons, but there are players who are known to be non-heterosexual. A lot of them are actually just playboys who will fuck anything.

A lot of people think it's the guys who are metro like Dimitrov, Fognini and Lopez, but they are actually the biggest 100% heterosexual playboys. It's almost always the ones you don't suspect.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #239
Slacker

Dimitrov looks like someone mostly in love with himself. Self-sexual or something
Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #240
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

a narcissist hermaphrodite
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote