Daniel Kosakowski - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #196
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Kosakowski

Daniel pulling out of tournaments left and right

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #197
country flag bearitone315

bearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond repute

He's pulled out of Wimbledon Qualies now. What's up? Injured or ill?
bearitone315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #198
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearitone315 View Post
He's pulled out of Wimbledon Qualies now. What's up? Injured or ill?
Don't know, maybe lack of confidence. Daniel has no experience on grass at all.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 07-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #199
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Not on any upcoming list Wonder if Daniel is injured.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #200

bearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond reputebearitone315 has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel is on the entry list for the 10/28 Seoul Challenger, using a protected ranking. He hasn't played in 6 months due to a shoulder injury. Interesting that he chooses that event for his return, not Charlottesville held the same week. Maybe he wants to fly under the radar. If he actually goes all the way to Asia, then look for him to enter the other Asian challengers held in subsequent weeks.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #201
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Daniel Kosakowskiís Comeback From Shoulder Injury: http://athleticdnablog.com/kosakowskicomeback/

Quote:
Hello everyone!

What a long 6 months this has been. Itís been a bit of a roller coaster but Iím grateful and excited to be able to play once again! As some of you may or may not know, Iíve been out from competition since late April due to a shoulder injury. It started ironically in March during a tournament in which I played some of my best tennis and reached my first ever Challenger final in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. During that week I had felt some pain in my right shoulder though nothing out of the ordinary, thinking it was just mild tendonitis.

I took it easy the following training week and arrived in Brazil looking forward to playing a few more tournaments on clay and hoping to peak at the French Open the following month. It was during this trip where my injury got progressively worse. With each tournament I played, the pain continued to get more and more unbearable. I was seeing the physio everyday and was repeatedly told that it was just tendonitis, ice and rest should fix it. Knowing that the French Open loomed around the corner, I decided to cut my Brazil trip short and go back home so I could properly rest and recover in time.

However, as the start of the Open approached I realized that my shoulder was not getting any better and I needed to see a doctor ASAP. After the MRI results came in I knew that my tournament plans needed revision. I was told that I had multiple ganglion cysts and a slight labral tear, surgery might be required. Realizing that my hopes of playing the French Open and Wimbledon were not going to be fulfilled was pretty devastating news. However, thanks to the constant support of my family and friends, I was able to maintain the right perception and stay postive throughout the ordeal.

After discussing with many surgeons and weighing the benefits of surgery and other treatments, I decided to undergo an aspiration. The doctor basically stuck a needle in my shoulder and was guided by an x-ray in which he was able to locate each cyst and drain all the excess fluid. It was the least invasive and quickest way to fix my problem. With this procedure, I just needed to take some more time to rest and let the the tear heal as well as do some therapy to strengthen the shoulder before I could start hitting again.

As you can imagine, I had a lot of free time on my hands throughout all of this. Being at home for 6 months with no traveling was somewhat of a shock to my system, having become so used to traveling for the last couple years on tour. This did give me a lot of time to hang out with old friends and also just do a lot of thinking about life. Itís amazing how fast paced things are while traveling every week and when you just sit back and take it all in, things definitely do get put into perspective. I was able to look back on how Iíve grown as a tennis player as well as a person in the last couple years playing on tour. Iíve been able to do something extremely unique that not many people get the opportunity to do in pursuing my dream of playing professionally.

Although it definitely has had its ups and downs, I would never trade what Iíve been able to do and experience in the last couple years, for anything. Being able to reflect on life and live somewhat as a ďnormalĒ person for a few months gave me a fresh outlook and re-ignited the passion within me to continue pursuing my dream. As soon as I got the ok to start hitting again, I tried to get as much as I could out of every training session. The last couple months, Iíve slowly been finding my game again and really canít wait to compete. My first tournament back will be later this month in Seoul, Korea where Iíll be competing in a $50,000 Challenger. Iím eager to get back onto the right road on my journey, by learning from this brief detour I was forced to take.

Daniel

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #202
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Plays Taro Daniel 1st round in Seoul. Hope he is not too rusty, good luck DK.

I said it like a million times but I love Daniel's backhand. With Blake retired, he is the only American with a smooth 1-hander.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #203
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Daniel def. Ito in Aussie Open qualifying round 1 Up next is Norbert Gombos, good luck!

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 01-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #204
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Double finalist with Nick Meister #MauiCH and they will play each other in R1 of #ChitreCH

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 AM   #205
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DK is into quarterfinal of Chitre, plays Jaziri next. Good luck.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 AM   #206

Amazing win against Melzer. Keep grinding, DK.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 AM   #207

Another W over Jaziri! Five winning tiebreaks this tournament! GL against Wang in SF.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #208
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearitone315 View Post
Another W over Jaziri! Five winning tiebreaks this tournament! GL against Wang in SF.
Keep going

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:32 AM   #209

Tough loss to Wang. The difference was only a few points. It's good to see DK fighting and competing.

DK got a Special Exempt into the Dallas Challenger MD next week.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #210
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Daniel Kosakowski: The Long Road Back

http://tennisnerds.com/2014/02/05/da...ong-road-back/

Rhyne's Picture Thread