2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully. - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #961
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Hardcourt all the way! let's roll into another up cycle.

Well, at least that sounds promising to me. It was a good decision to rest the shoulder for the U.S. Open. Even without preparation, I've always felt like this should be his best major. Hopefully he can get a good draw and at least make the R16.
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #962
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm watching the draw ceremony live and of course Gilles gets Karlovic r2, Fish, r3, and Federer r4. I give up

At least he'll probably win his first match against Russell.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #963
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up too.

Well, at least he didn't get Murray at R4, that's more a sure thing than Fed, not saying that he will even get that far.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #964
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Karlovic and Fish , Ivo is so poor nowadays, but he is a really bad match-up for Gillou , and Fish is regaining form easily. He never has easy draws, poor guy. All the players around him in the rankings get many times easy draws, but Gilles only got favourable draws in IW, Monte-Carlo and The Olympics of the bigger events this season.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #965
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

let's be optimistic. he doesn't need a good draw, he needs to be a good player and what an opportunity better than this! all hard opponents but all beatable and has been beaten in the past. if he wants to redeem this dreadful season, he has a great chance now. if not, it's a shitty year for him and us anyway, so what difference would a good draw make anyway.

allez gilou, against all haters, statistics, common sense, home crowd, atp officials and sponsors, women tennis players, history and the gods of tennis themselves - show them the wrath of the mighty mediterranean chick!
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #966
country flag mike s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilloulou View Post
let's be optimistic. he doesn't need a good draw, he needs to be a good player and what an opportunity better than this! all hard opponents but all beatable and has been beaten in the past. if he wants to redeem this dreadful season, he has a great chance now. if not, it's a shitty year for him and us anyway, so what difference would a good draw make anyway.

allez gilou, against all haters, statistics, common sense, home crowd, atp officials and sponsors, women tennis players, history and the gods of tennis themselves - show them the wrath of the mighty mediterranean chick!
I like your emotion! I guess the draw isn't that awful on second look. He may not even have to play Karlovic because based on form Karlovic could easily lose to the qualifier and I think Gilles matches up well with Fish in R3 despite Fish's good form right now. After R4, it's all gravy. Fed's very tough but we know that Gilles doesn't mind playing him. Anyway, I'm going to try to be positive for once and hope for the best
Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #967
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilloulou View Post
he doesn't need a good draw
I said that to myself every time when I saw his draw every week

He just hasn't been able to be a good player and beat the ppl he should beat, maybe USO is a good starting point. He beat DelPo last year, and DelPo is harder to beat in USO than Fish, IMO. So, yes, let's be optimistic about his chance. Allez Gilles.

Anyone knows which half go first? Do you have a common practice that Seed 1 go first or second? Maybe not.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #968
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I don't know. I don't really see this as too bad of a draw actually for Gilles. I guess there are a lot of variables in terms of how his shoulder feels and if it holds up should he win his 1st round etc. but just based on analyzing his first 3 rounds I would say that he should have Russell licked easily and for my money between him and Fish when they are both playing their absolute best, Gilles takes the cake every time. His game just matches up well to Fish's style and I don't see him actually having much of a problem with him.

For me, the big wild card will be against Karlovic and how well or not well he is serving. The rest of his game is complete garbage anymore. From his movement to his ground game. That's why he's fallen so far down the rankings. But if he starts finding his service rhythm and Gilles gets tight (as he's been being prone to doing as of late) and loses serve just once each set, that might be all she wrote. So the big question mark for me will be that match. If he can get past Karlovic, I can see him making it to the 4th round encounter with Federer where in all likelihood his run would come to and end, but I would be ok with that because for Gilles, especially right now, the 4th round would be good enough and where he is at least supposed to at least get to. We'll see I guess.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #969
country flag mike s.

Gilles up last on Grandstand on Monday. Allez!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #970
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

His injury can't be worst by playing with it but it's still painful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg injuries.jpg (189.5 KB, 11 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #971
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

He was near to withdraw , hope he can do his best.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #972
country flag lalaland

Thanks for the article, Soulage.

*Sigh*. I just adjusted my expectation accordingly, now hopefully he wins a match.
If I'm not mistaken, it's a fissure at the infraspinatus muscle or sth? It can't get worse? really? he's sure? . I'm skeptical, as you can tell. Oh well, it's USO, I suppose he should try his luck anyway. Hopefully he can come thru.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #973
country flag mike s.

Well now we have an excuse if he loses It's such a shame he has these shoulder problems because he was serving really well at the Olympics. Hopefully, he's right and it can't get worse. Russell should be beatable even without a serve but we'll see.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #974
country flag lalaland

Based on the match in Toronto, it didn't only affect the serve, he also has problem controlling the FH. Can he win without a serve and a FH? Let's hope so. Tons of anti-inflammatory, I guess.

Okay, maybe it's not so bad. To think on the bright side, if he loses early, maybe he can finally go home to celebrate Timothee's birthday, it will be his first time.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #975
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

well this depresses me

i guess all i can do is wish him luck and hope he can win a match
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote