2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully. - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #541
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2012, "Take Two" most definitely

Nice was merely a practice anyway, wasn't it? :]

I guess that's a good draw. tricky "minor" opponents but only Tsonga as the top seed. not too bad at all. who knows, maybe we get super lucky this year :]
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #542
country flag cutesteve22

cutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond repute

hope Gilles could take the chance in RG with the decent draw
still gotta say it might be worst match of 2012, the only highlight is this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gillesnicesf.jpg (151.2 KB, 35 views)
cutesteve22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #543
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

OMG a shirt change!!!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #544
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

He fell and has clay on his shirt, not that he needs a reason to change shirt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
I'm hoping that was a tank because otherwise I'd be really worried about his form going into RG
On L'Equipe, he just said Almagro was too strong, hit very hard and pushed him off to far back. Well, the only good thing is that this match only last a little over an hour, he hardly get a chance to sweat . I'm trying to not worry about this one match cos I may go crazy just thinking about how bad it was .

I've been watching Brian Baker this week, like everyone else I jumped on to his wagon, cos he really is good. I won't underestimate him if Gilles meets him in the 2nd.

Oh, and upper half starts first, so no luck. Hopefully they at least gives him Monday start then.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #545
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
He fell and has clay on his shirt, not that he needs a reason to change shirt .

On L'Equipe, he just said Almagro was too strong, hit very hard and pushed him off to far back. Well, the only good thing is that this match only last a little over an hour, he hardly get a chance to sweat . I'm trying to not worry about this one match cos I may go crazy just thinking about how bad it was .

I've been watching Brian Baker this week, like everyone else I jumped on to his wagon, cos he really is good. I won't underestimate him if Gilles meets him in the 2nd.

Oh, and upper half starts first, so no luck. Hopefully they at least gives him Monday start then.
See this is why I think playing Nice was a good idea for Gilles and could've been even better for him had he won today against Almagro, because Baker just now beat Davydenko and he would've had the chance to A) Have a real good chance to win the Nice title in his hometown on his first appearance in the tournament and B) Gotten a chance to experience Baker's game first hand and see his strengths and weaknesses which he could in turn use as valuable information to take with him into their possible 2nd round match on the much bigger stage of Roland Garros.

The consequences of losing to Baker in the Nice final, while it definitely would've been sucky, wouldn't be as bad as potentially losing to him 2nd round of a major. Now he won't get that valuable first hand experience and should he face him 2nd round, he will be having to learn on the fly how to go about playing him.

Now that Baker is in the Nice final, i'm definitely cheering and rooting for him. Not just for revenge for Gilles against Almagro or the American connection, but because it really is one of the better comeback stories in recent tennis (seriously this guys past injuries list is crazy). Truly amazing what he has been able to do this week.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #546
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
See this is why I think playing Nice was a good idea for Gilles and could've been even better for him had he won today against Almagro, because Baker just now beat Davydenko and he would've had the chance to A) Have a real good chance to win the Nice title in his hometown on his first appearance in the tournament and B) Gotten a chance to experience Baker's game first hand and see his strengths and weaknesses which he could in turn use as valuable information to take with him into their possible 2nd round match on the much bigger stage of Roland Garros.
Sorry, I still disagree. I'm not too unhappy that he lost today (although the way he lost kind of suck). Seeing that how much he fought today in the match, I bet he's not too upset either, he's already in RG time. And now we know he's most likely going to play Monday, he only has 2 days to get himself settle in RG. I think he needs that every bit of the 2 days to get use to the condition there. Yes, it's a pity that he didn't get those pts to get to Top 10. But then again, there's always other small tournaments to win, and there's only 1 RG in the next 12 months to get a chance to perform there.

Quote:
The consequences of losing to Baker in the Nice final, while it definitely would've been sucky, wouldn't be as bad as potentially losing to him 2nd round of a major. Now he won't get that valuable first hand experience and should he face him 2nd round, he will be having to learn on the fly how to go about playing him.
As for playing Baker, the man has to be tired by now, he has 1 more match to play tomorrow and he's also going to play on Monday. And he has never played Gilles either so it works both way that they will both need to get used to each other. The 5 setters will give him time to figure out Baker, I hope. All I was saying is to not underestimate Baker, but I'm still fairly confident that Gilles will deal with him regardless (and now that I say it out loud, I potential jinx him . Yes, I'm quite a superstitious sports fan).

Quote:
Now that Baker is in the Nice final, i'm definitely cheering and rooting for him. Not just for revenge for Gilles against Almagro or the American connection, but because it really is one of the better comeback stories in recent tennis (seriously this guys past injuries list is crazy). Truly amazing what he has been able to do this week.
I'm cheering for him too. It's unbelievable how he came all the way back to the top level in such short time. So all the best to him. But I don't mind Almagro either, and since Gilles beat him in a way bigger match last time in Hamburg, I'm not too upset he got Gilles this time.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #547
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt baker would make it past the first round of RG, best of 5 after playing like zillion matches in a row now when he is not used to it. still, Gilou will have to win first :] and he hasn't been impressive since MC. let's hope he will shock the world for a change~~~
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #548
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Gilles will have a problem with Baker's game (hopefully I'm not jinxing him here). Baker has a good return and backhand but he's not going to blow Gilles off the court and he's not going to outsteady him either, especially because he's going to be exhausted.

That being said, I'm so happy for Brian. I remember following him back in his junior days, as I usually do for all good American juniors and it's good to see him finally having some success on the pro tour. I hope he wins the title.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #549
country flag lalaland

Gilles' match against Harrison is scheduled the 4th match on Chatrier tomorrow. Allez Gilles.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #550
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Gilles
Old 05-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #551
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's been a pretty good day at the FO for the Americans, both men and women, believe it or not, but hopefully it won't be for all of them. (hint hint)
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #552
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles lost 1st set 3-6 , only 4 W and 13 UE's, also only 43% 1st serve in.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #553
country flag lalaland

Gosh, he's pretty awful, tight as a kite. I think we've jinxed him, talked about his R2 opponent, taken R1 for granted. Damn, what a crash it will be to go out in R1.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #554
country flag lalaland

Phew. Only when he's back at the wall then he starts really hitting the ball to fight off those set points. Now, please please please hold.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #555
country flag Gilloulou

just when eurosport started showing his game he plays great. can't understand how he was down a set and 2 set points... it's like Dr Gilles and Mister Simon i reckon...