2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully. - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #481
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2012, "Take Two" most definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
You would never catch say Tsonga passing up the opportunity to let everybody know how great he is or how great he played.
Apparently, Jo said this after beating Troicki the other day:

"Je suis assez sûr dans mon jeu. J’ai utilisé le bon schéma de jeu. Mais d’un autre côté, Troicki est un besogneux, pas très talentueux. Les conditions étaient lentes et ma puissance a fait la différence. C’est normal que j’aie eu l’avantage. Maintenant, on va attendre tranquillement mon adversaire [Del Potro, vainqueur de Youznhy cet après-midi, ndlr].

he lost to Troicki 3 times before this week.

Sorry, off topic.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #482
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

5 games in and he's not even on the board yet. UEs everywhere. He look a bit defeated already . I hope he gets a game in set 1
Old 05-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #483
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Bagel anyone? Well, we knew that this would be a tough match up for Gilles against Ferrer, especially on clay. Add to that the fact that it's once again super windy today. But it's really not surprising to see Gilles in this mess when he seems content to just stand ten feet behind the baseline and lob soft balls to Ferrer who is standing on or inside the baseline ready to pounce. Gilles has got to be more assertive and aggressive or else he is just going to get routed by the grinder who just doesn't miss.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #484
country flag lalaland

Bageled .
Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #485
country flag lalaland

I think he seems content to lose this one without a fight, well, at least the first set was like it. See if he can summon up some energy and desire to do sth in the 2nd set.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #486
country flag lalaland

Finally, he won a game and raised his arms in triumph . Still playing like he's half dead though.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #487
country flag lalaland

He was up 40-0 and still took him 6 game pts to win his serve game. Still, it was better, he's hitting deeper shots and forcing David to back off a little from the baseline.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #488
country flag lalaland

won a love game on his serve. Cool. 3-3.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #489

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

I think Gilles may finally be starting to get it that he can't play the way he usually does against bigger and harder hitting players who generate the pace for him. He's going to have to create his own pace, which he hates to do most of the time, and be on or just behind the baseline ready to attack. He can't rally shot for shot with Ferrer because he can do that all day and never miss. He's a grinder. It's his forte. Gilles is going to have to flatten out his groundies and be more willing to take risks or else he's just going to get out pushed.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #490
country flag lalaland

he broke. leading 4-3 in 2nd.

C'mon Gilles, get a set. Allez.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #491
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
I think Gilles may finally be starting to get it that he can't play the way he usually does against bigger and harder hitting players who generate the pace for him. He's going to have to create his own pace, which he hates to do most of the time, and be on or just behind the baseline ready to attack. He can't rally shot for shot with Ferrer because he can do that all day and never miss. He's a grinder. It's his forte. Gilles is going to have to flatten out his groundies and be more willing to take risks or else he's just going to get out pushed.
I think he already knew that, he said that himself. But he's just not into it the first set. And David didn't even play anything much to bagel him. And as soon as Gilles up his level a little, David starts missing himself. It's quite a low quality match so far.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #492

Well if he knew it he certainly wasn't doing it, but he is now and it's paying off so far. We may go three *fingers crossed*
Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #493
country flag lalaland

Please serve out this set, c'mon Gilles, do it.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #494
country flag lalaland

Damn, he choked. Broken at love
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #495
country flag lalaland

David choked too, gave the break back to Gilles. C'mon Gilles, saves us from a TB, just serve it out please. Allez.