2012 Hardcourt all the way! 100% going forward! Hopefully. - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #376
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay season 2012, "Take Two" most definitely

Allez for Gilles vs GGL, he should win the match if he plays well !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #377
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post

Well, it was worse for me, cos I have decided that I won't bother to wake up, but then I woke up somehow and couldn't sleep, so I checked score, it was at TB, he was down 1-5 and proceeded to lose the TB. And then 2nd set, he was on serve, and then he served the 2nd time at 1-1, up 40-15 and gone on to lose that serve game. The scoreboard stuck when he was down 6-7, 1-3. I was too mad to go back to sleep... about 30 mins later, the score finally jumped to 6-7, 6-3, 1-0. Well, at least I got to watch a little bit of other's matches when I was waiting for the scoreboard to move.

Okay, that wasn't a smooth start, he better plays better from now on. The draw is so kind, he's 10-0 against his first 3 opponents in the H2H, he better don't waste it.
Oh the things we put ourselves through for Gilles Simon and he has no idea. But alas, he is so worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
This is a rough translation of what Gilles said in his press conference:

After his victory over Italian Fabio Fognini (6-7 6-3 6-3), on Tuesday in the first round of the Masters 1000 Madrid, Gilles Simon did not mince words about blue clay courts of the Spanish capital. "I do not notice any difference compared to last year, said Gilles Simon. These are the worst courts in the clay court season. I do not feel good about it. I almost give me a sprain in training. There are other priorities than make it blue. He just needed to make it better! "

Gilles not holding back as usual

It really sucks though because his game is so dependent on movement and he must be very concerned about rolling an ankle.
Yeah, Novak was sliding all over the place (and not by choice) in his match against Traver and looking down at the court in anger several times. I'm hearing that a lot of the players, including Nadal, are not too happy with this new clay surface. I must admit from a fan's perspective it is pretty, but that is neither here nor there and what's really important is how it feels and plays to the players.

Gilles will be last up on stadium 2 tomorrow thank goodness! He has a 2-0 H2H record over Lopez. One win came on hard (most recent) and the other on clay, but that was back in 2007 so it will be really a new experience for both players now. Hope he will be able to soldier on despite his feelings for the new surface.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #378
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the blue clay looks pretty when saw it on pictures last week. But when I watch it on stream, I don't think they are particularly clearer visually than the red clay. And there's also a lot of white spots (when the clay got digged up a little), much more so than on red clay. So I'm not really buying that "visually better for audiences" benefit. If the stream is clear, the ball is as clear on red than on blue clay.

But anyway, I've been fearing about the condition, since every single player is complaining, some said it more diplomatically than others. But I heard they said very slippery and has holes. At first, when I didn't realize the scoreboard was frozen, and just thought his match was stopped while he's serving, I was just hoping that it wasn't an injury timeout, I still remembered he rolled his ankle last year in MC. And I remembered Benny and Monaco rolled theirs. It's striking fear to the players and fans that something bad could happen on this bad surface.

Anyhow, the single most important thing is to get thru Madrid unscraped, better if he wins some matches and keeping himself unharmed.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #379
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

he is on a televised court tomorrow and i'm not working (though he is last on, so probs wont be till the evening anyway)

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #380
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday he played morning match at 11am, today he plays midnite match at 11pm, well, almost. He must love this schedule .
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #381
country flag lalaland

Good, his match got moved to Stadium 3, so he's gonna start soon. Hope there's stream.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #382
country flag lalaland

Well, as expected, the change court thing screwed up the stream situation. Can't find any stream at the moment. If anyone has stream, please post here. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #383
country flag cutesteve22

cutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond reputecutesteve22 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.lshunter.tv/streams/1/lshtennis4.html
cutesteve22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #384
country flag lalaland

Got it. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #385
country flag lalaland

A well served 1st set. 3 aces, 64% 1st serve, 100 1st serve pt won, W/UE 10/10. Net pt 3/3.

Please keep it up. Allez.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #386

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

He missed 3 BP , GGL up 2-*1
Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #387
country flag lalaland

6-4 6-3. Well done. 1:30 match

52% 1st serve, 93% 1st won, 56% 2nd serve won, W/UE 22/22. Net 5/7, saved the only bp. Take the match at his 4th MP.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #388
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Gilles! I thought it was a good effort, now beat Tipsarevic again.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #389

Allez for Gilles vs Tipsy! Glad he managed to R3 without many problems, Tipsy will be tough in this fast surface, despite the H2H.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #390
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good performance from Gilles. He played really aggressive in the 1st set and it was nice to see. And Lopez upped his level in the 2nd and Gilles was able to rise to the occasion and just out play him shot for shot. A really nice win for him.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote