Week 12: Marrakech (Winner : Martin Klizan) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #46
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 12: Marrakech (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Very smart from last year Ducky playing on the clay, it will help his game in the long run and playing these tough events instead of hiding in clown events will work well for him.
agree... due to the knee injury he decided to play on clay the whole season last year and that decision can help him now and in the future.. he could take a lot of positives out of playing on clay in Europe... last week James lost to Bedene who was in form after winning a challenger but today he showed he could be dangerous on clay... everyone knows his goal is to get into the FO qualies and maybe to be seeded in qualies there....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #47
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Delbonis 2-6 7-5 6-3

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #48
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
agree... due to the knee injury he decided to play on clay the whole season last year and that decision can help him now and in the future.. he could take a lot of positives out of playing on clay in Europe... last week James lost to Bedene who was in form after winning a challenger but today he showed he could be dangerous on clay... everyone knows his goal is to get into the FO qualies and maybe to be seeded in qualies there....
He played South America last year think Mantilla went over with him, that helped him at the Aussie tour. He is easily in the RG qualies in fact he should get the RG wildcard he has more chance of winning a match than Marinko on clay.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #49
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic from Daniel, again. Having all the chances, but losing his way at the end of the final two sets. Tennis is so much a mental game.

Luckily, the St. Brieuc challenger has a relatively easy draw, and one he should take advantage of if his form is decent.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #50
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

You don't know how the match went, don't know whether it was big play from Delbonis or cheap errors.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #51
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see that Cervantes is keeping up with PHM on set 2... up 3-2
Old 03-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #52
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

True, AJ, you always say this. Again, I'll say it as I've said it before, if the tenor of the match is one guy is dominant until the big points, then that would suggest that player isn't able to step it up when they need to. That means that player isn't taking advantage of their openings. In any case it's disappointing. Hopefully DGT has a good result in St. Brieuc and Houston.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #53
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
True, AJ, you always say this. Again, I'll say it as I've said it before, if the tenor of the match is one guy is dominant until the big points, then that would suggest that player isn't able to step it up when they need to. That means that player isn't taking advantage of their openings. In any case it's disappointing. Hopefully DGT has a good result in St. Brieuc and Houston.
Stop doing it, then I won't say it. I will say this again you can't tell nowt from watching a scoreboard. Even watching a livestream and being there live provide different experiences of exactly the same thing.

Players do hit winners on big points, sometimes they get tight don't make the return or miss an easy shot. You don't have x-ray vision that you can see what's happening on a court that's not televised.

Yes, it's disappointing he lost, but leave the baseless analysis crap.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #54
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Alright, I'll drop it, you're right. Let's just hope Daniel can win these close matches starting in France in a couple weeks.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #55
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

DF from Cervantes to lose serve at 4 all in the second. He's playing hard but unfortunately he's just punching above his class in this match. PHM is making more errors this set.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #56
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Very passive and tentative end from PHM but he got through 6-1 6-4 over Cervantes. Not a great second set from the Frenchman, I think he's vulnerable to be beaten in the next round, especially if he plays Greul.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #57
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Mathieu just all about getting matches and his body holding up.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #58
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond reputeRovegun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
He played South America last year think Mantilla went over with him, that helped him at the Aussie tour. He is easily in the RG qualies in fact he should get the RG wildcard he has more chance of winning a match than Marinko on clay.
in South America he got through the 1st round only one time from 4 opportunities but the futures in Europe could help him to establish him like a solid clay court player which he can take an advantage from... Aussies and American are not used to play on clay....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #59
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
in South America he got through the 1st round only one time from 4 opportunities but the futures in Europe could help him to establish him like a solid clay court player which he can take an advantage from... Aussies and American are not used to play on clay....
South America was better for him those are tough challengers with hardened competitors. Learn more from playing against better competitors, he is past Futures level now.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #60
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

I think Riba must have become an alcoholic or something.

He's aged about ten years since last year, looks like shit and plays even worse.