Having a gut, in dating, to which sex is it most harmful to your chances? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Having a gut and dating, whats the deuce?

Men have it tougher in dating if they have a beer gut 1 5.88%
Women have it tougher to find men if they have a beer gut 13 76.47%
Its about the same 2 11.76%
I really dont know 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a gut, in dating, to which sex is it most harmful to your chances?

Could this thread possibly have been titled more awkwardly?

It reads like one of those laughably incorrect grammar examples in a multiple-choice question in a standardized test, e.g.:

Which sentence is best?

A. Entering the room, the cat, going up to the milk, drinks.

B. The cat, to go up to the milk in the room, enters, and drinks it.

C. The cat enters the room, goes up to the milk, and drinks it.

D. Drinkingly entering the milk-containing room is the cat, who, going up to it, does.

And that's to say nothing of how absurdly disingenuous the question is in the first place.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a gut, in dating, to which sex is it most harmful to your chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post

It reads like one of those laughably incorrect grammar examples in a multiple-choice question in a standardized test, e.g.:

Which sentence is best?

D. Drinkingly entering the milk-containing room is the cat, who, going up to it, does.

And that's to say nothing of how absurdly disingenuous the question is in the first place.

Well somebody is still a virgin...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Look at that ass...

BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #19
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

So long as it is not ridiculous, I don't mind a girl with some meat on her. I'd prefer her to a skin and bones skinny girl every day of the week.

Ladies, it is ok to have a few extra pounds.

Also, pregnant women are gorgeous, but in a different way.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #20
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Men rate looks first, personality comes second. This means Women with large guts are less likely to be approached by Bilbo. Time to grow those guts, ladies.
I just corrected you.

I like your sarcastic posts about men and looks of women. It has been proven since many decades that men rate looks first. If you do not believe that, it is your problem. Ever heard conversations of men about women? Usually the first question that pops up is "How does she look like?". For women it is usually "How is he like?". Guess why women spent 2 hours in the bathroom before going to the club. They know their chance is highest, the better they look. That is why a lot of girls look hot in the club, but average on the next day. You also rarely see ugly girls in a club, because they know they have no real chance.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
You also rarely see ugly girls in a club, because they know they have no real chance.
You serious brah?

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
You serious brah?
Yes. Would you go to a club with a low self-confidence? Probably not.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #23
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Which sentence is best?

Amazing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Men rate looks first, personality doesn't matter. This means Women with large guts are less likely to be approached by Bilbo. Time to grow those guts, ladies.
Pretty close to Seingeist's amazing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Look at that ass...
That's disgusting.

Quote:
I just corrected you.

I like your sarcastic posts about men and looks of women. It has been proven since many decades that men rate looks first. If you do not believe that, it is your problem. Ever heard conversations of men about women? Usually the first question that pops up is "How does she look like?". For women it is usually "How is he like?". Guess why women spent 2 hours in the bathroom before going to the club. They know their chance is highest, the better they look. That is why a lot of girls look hot in the club, but average on the next day. You also rarely see ugly girls in a club, because they know they have no real chance.
What's with your obsession with clubs? Is that the only place where you get any action? I mean, that's pretty sad. Also, this may be shocking to you, but some girls (guys too, probably) actually go to a club just to have a good time with their friends with no intention of hooking up with random horny strangers. I've seen shit-ugly people - guys and girls - in clubs before (to the extent that I can even make out what they look like in the darkness), so I'm not sure what your point is.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #24
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just corrected you.

Then, as yet another shallow male creature all I need to do is to wake up, plop on an unironed tank top, ruffle my hair and get a personality transplant before going to a club. Noted.

So.. Bilbo.. met any girls with a caring heart and a stable job lately?
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #25
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

My gut brings all the girls to the yard and they're like...

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #26
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. Would you go to a club with a low self-confidence? Probably not.
Lol, you must be joking. Now everyone who is ugly has low self esteem.

Half the girls I see in clubs are ugly.

And re having no chance, pretty much any girl can get picked up in a club. She can look like a bum, as long as shes not 20 stone, she will be picked up 50% of the time if she wants. Trust me. Beer goggles are a powerfull thing.

But ugly and not a horrible body - definately picked up.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Well somebody is still a virgin...
Of course, a married virgin.

Filo V already beat you to that insight as well.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #28
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
Lol, you must be joking. Now everyone who is ugly has low self esteem.

Half the girls I see in clubs are ugly.

And re having no chance, pretty much any girl can get picked up in a club. She can look like a bum, as long as shes not 20 stone, she will be picked up 50% of the time if she wants. Trust me. Beer goggles are a powerfull thing.

But ugly and not a horrible body - definately picked up.
There might be cultural differences, but I do not see a lot of girls getting picked up in a club. Maybe 10% or 20% at most. On student partys the rate is even lower.

Half of the girls here are not ugly. On the other side I have always found German girls to be more beautiful than Aussie girls. This might explain it for you.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big Seingeist fan but "Drinkingly entering the milk-containing room is the cat, who, going up to it, does" was hilarious

Youzhny, Robredo, Matosevic, Monaco, Kohlschreiber, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Dolgopolov, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Zeballos, Herbert, Tursunov, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #30
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course, a married virgin.

Filo V already beat you to that insight as well.
Lol, I was just wondering whether Filo V hacked his account, some of the stuff was eerily deja vu Option D. is hilarious
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote