Marseilli QF: Llodra routines some challenger named Olivetti 7-6(5) 7-5 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
Shirogane

Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marseilli QF: Llodra routines some challenger named Olivetti 7-6(5) 7-5

Mentally demanding match, but good for Llodra to save energy for tomorrow's encounter. Lost very few points on serve, and took advantage of the dips in Olivetti's form. Still a great week for the young Frenchman and hopefully will keep building on it; also, gave a very nice interview afterward.

David Nalbandian ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Nikolay Davydenko ♦ P-H. Herbert

Shirogane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marseilli QF: Llodra routines some challenger named Olivetti 7-6(5) 7-5

I hope that people who are crying about the less speed of the surfaces and the death of S/V enjoy this match. 90's tennis all the way. 2 rallies in the whole match.

I enjoy it but not for those reason. I hope to see Olivetti improve this year but he need time : remember the guy isn't even a challenger player, he won only one match in this division. As Voo said, with this kind of player doesn't matter that the player who is returning is 5th or 250th so I hope to see him getting closer and closer to the top 100. He has to make his proof on the challenger level now.

Don't forget either that Olivetti was able to serve several times over 230km/h with an abdominal problem which perturbed his ball's launch on serve...
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Olivetti
Really made this week interesting, a huge guy coming out of nowhere and then beating Bachinger and Fish. Great result for his first main tour event.

But I'm kind of sceptical about his progress because of this:
Return points won: 5/58

This is just unacceptable for any decent top 100 player. I know Llodra indoors can be a beast, but winning five points in 12 return games is just a horrible stat which you see extremely rarely thesedays.
The other thing which stands out are those double faults. He should take some pace of the 2nd serve sometimes. But this is a thing he can fix easily and get the balance of risking or playing safe right. Not sure about the return and baseline game though.
Best wishes to Safin lookalike.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

It shows what Fish should have done if he'd just bothered to find out who his opponent was before getting on the court.

Llodra served so high a % because he knew he'd be under no pressure on the return.

The Brian Baker Story. Proof that truth is stranger than fiction... until Hollywood buys the rights and proceeds to keep screwing the script up.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
Shirogane

Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri89 View Post
I hope that people who are crying about the less speed of the surfaces and the death of S/V enjoy this match. 90's tennis all the way. 2 rallies in the whole match.
Maybe a bit of an exaggeration to say every match on real fast courts used to be like that?

David Nalbandian ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Nikolay Davydenko ♦ P-H. Herbert

Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #21
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Maybe a bit of an exaggeration to say every match on real fast courts used to be like that?
I didn't say it and you're right.
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
Shirogane

My bad. That said, you do want to play the guy on those "give 'em new balls, and it's medium again" types of courts. Although, I'm pretty certain he would still hit many aces, even on clay...

Old 02-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Olivetti was too inconsistent on serve and couldn't get many returns in. The first set tie break was really weird; two double faults from Olivetti (while he served amazing the earlier in the set) and moments later he hit a beautiful backhand passing shot.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

Marseilli

awful match, two rallies in the whole match. I was there and fell asleep.
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #25
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
Marseilli

Why not travel to Nice and watch only rallies a few months from now?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #26
Shirogane

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
Marseilli

Kind of expected, between two serve and volley players. We were lucky to have two rallies, too bad one of them had to be cut short by a net cord.