~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ wins 7-5 6-4 vs Murray for his 72nd title! YESSS - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #61
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Wins 7-5 6-3 vs Feli, Youzhny next in QF!

Nice work. Now he has to face Tsonga or Delpo.
With the french sould be a spectacular match but I belive with Delpo it should be simpler tacticly.
Tsonga is dangerouse because of his many variations.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #62
country flag mlrf11

mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Wins 7-5 6-3 vs Feli, Youzhny next in QF!

@Eden - I din't want to steel you the work of posting the interviews. But as I found it I post this after the 1/4 final today:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dp6Yx-i0lEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I uset the code from youtube - why it doesn't work???? Please tell me ho to do fo the future.

To see please copy and paste the link http://www.youtube.com/embed/dp6Yx-i0lEE
Old 03-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #63
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Interview on tennistv.com

http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0...939898,00.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #64
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

You can usually post youtube videos like this:

Write down the name youtube in [ ] (you don't have to post .com/watch?v= , you just write down the combination of letters and numbers) then you write /youtube in [ ]

Sorry, I can't explain it any better.

In the case of the video you wanted to link you have to delete the word embed

Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #65
country flag mlrf11

Ok OK - I get it now. I write only the string that identifyies the video. Nice...

Thanks for the videos!

Last edited by mlrf11 : 03-01-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #66
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Doris!! I see you got Roger to sign your cast. Cool!

I hope your injury isn't too bad!

Luna

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #67
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Thanks for the videos!
No problem

Thank you for sharing the on court interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo View Post
Oh, Doris!! I see you got Roger to sign your cast. Cool!

I hope your injury isn't too bad!

Luna
I had been to the doctor today, spending 6 hours in the waiting room only that the doctor had a look at the foot for 2 minutes. I still won't be able to work for the upcoming 2 weeks.

Thanks for your kind words

Roger's official interview from his match against Lopez:

Quote:

R. FEDERER/F. Lopez
7-5, 6-3

An interview with:
ROGER FEDERER

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You happy with that?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. It was difficult, you know. I mean, I obviously played
Feliciano many, many times way back when - and now on tour as well - but I've never played him when he was ranked so high and potentially
so confident.
Obviously I should have lost I guess the match in Madrid last year, you know. It was tough getting use to his serve early on. I wasn't having many looks. He was serving aces left and right. I just, you know, tried to focus on my
serve, made sure from that end I wasn't doing any stupid stuff, and at the end I got a bit of a read on his serve. At the end of the set, had some chances and eventually was able to come through, even though I had chances at 5-4 and I think four set points.
So makes it hard against him because he always gets the break points on his favorite side. With his lefty swinger, it obviously makes it extremely difficult, especially with the one hand.
But I found a way and stayed calm and came through. Those are the kind of matches, you know, you need early on in a tournament to feel good about, you know, how you're handling those tough moments.

Q. You say you focused on what you did. But now the match is over, do you think he's the kind of player that once he gets ahead, with that dangerous attacking game he could have played even better?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. I mean, doesn't matter what the scoreline is. If all of a sudden he's up a break, that could mean that's the set, you know. He might serve a little less good when it's close in the score, maybe 5-All,
deuce, all those things. I mean, it's never an easy situation.
But even then he needs to rely even more on his first serves and so forth. Really puts the pressure on him as well. But then obviously if he's ahead and he gets 30-Love starts in all his service games, I mean, then he can hit any spot; he can take maybe a little off his first serve, make more first serve percentage; can maybe come to the net a bit more even and really
increase a lot of the pressure.
That's why after I missed that smash I think in the first point of the second set, you know, even then I was already thinking, Hmm, break down. We're already going to the third set. That was only the first point of the second set, so you can imagine my mindset out there.

Q. Do you have a preference for night play or day play? You've played twice now in the 7:00 spot. Is that what you would prefer?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, looking ahead potentially, you know, at Indian Wells you get the occasional night match; Miami you get the occasional night match.
Look, it's good getting some night matches again. You know, just you do play
those a little less frequently than the day sessions.
Just overall obviously on clay, on grass, there is only almost day sessions. That's why it's kind of good getting used to those. It's tough then to switch then going from night to day, night to day.
That's why I'm happy I played twice in a row in the night session slot. I don't know yet what I'm playing tomorrow. So we'll see.

Q. Everyone is saying that has played during the day in the sun is very, very fast conditions.

ROGER FEDERER: Well, yeah. I mean, it's fast at night, but I practice here all the time in Dubai, and mostly during the day. It definitely flies a lot during the day. So it's tough conditions out there. The ball flies. The moment you don't hit it perfect it floats out beyond the baseline. It's difficult to control.

Q. The tournament doesn't have the first-round bye and also has a Saturday final.
How big is that difference in terms of the rhythm, preparation, concentration?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, you know it going into it, so -- we don't get byes at every event, you know. But I guess sometimes it's almost a disadvantage getting a bye just because the other guys have played one match already.
So in Rotterdam it was the same thing. We all played the same amount of rounds to win the tournament - except me at Rotterdam because I got a walkover in the second round.
But the Saturday final does change it up a bit. And obviously playing on Tuesday and then playing five in a row, that's sort of unusual.
Let's say in Basel I play Monday, Wednesday, Friday if I won; here I play Tuesday and I play every day. So that's a change. Tomorrow it's my
third match into the tournament, and I hope I'll pull up okay tomorrow and then, you know, come through again to hopefully to back it up in the
semis. We'll see how it goes. But the focus is obviously now is on
Youzhny. It's a tough tournament to win because of those conditions I just said and the draw obviously. So many top players around that it's difficult to win.

Q. What advantage do left handers have in matches?

ROGER FEDERER: I think mostly the ad side, having to make and face break points on the ad side. I think that's the big advantage for the left handers.

Q. Talk to us about Youzhny. He does really well here. How do you approach that?

ROGER FEDERER: I think I've played him in the semis here before. I think he's an extremely good player. He was in the top 10, semis of the US Open, and I've had my fair share of tough matches with him over the years. He's very talented. I had a very difficult match with him at Wimbledon actually where I
thought we played some great tennis. I was able to come through in a tough four setter over there, so...
I was actually supposed to play him in Rotterdam and he gave me a walkover because of a knee or toe issue, I'm not sure, that he got from Davis Cup.
He's got one the best one-handed backhands in the game and reads the plays well; has got a good slice and has good control. In quick conditions like this, if you have good control makes it a tough opponent to play against.

Q. When you have played on the quicker hardcourts, do you intentionally make some adjustment like move in more than the slower hard court?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. I mean, sure. You have to change many things, because on the slower court you can rely more on just maybe trying to put the ball in play and then rallying a of couple times and then waiting for the
right shot to pull a trigger.
On a quick court, it's only usually the first three shots of point that decide the outcome of it. So it's a different mindset totally. Then obviously
you get more free points, but when the other guy picks the right side and he clocks the return, it comes back much faster and it's hard to half-volley, which on a slow court is almost no problem, to be honest, these days with the strings and the balls and the court speed. So that changes.
That just makes things -- you know, you play with a different mindset, and that changes everything really.

Q. How much adjustment do you have to make from Llodra and Lopez to Youzhny in the next round? He's more of a baseline player.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, there will maybe be some slice duels and some
maneuvering around and maybe more feel. Even though Lopez and Llodra have great feel as well, they do it more at the net than from the
baseline. He's very smooth. So it's an adjustment. Ever since I arrived in Dubai I've only practiced with left handers, so this is going to maybe be a slight adjustment.
But honestly, I play 80% of time righties, so this is going to feel more easy moving from a lefty back to a righty than going from a righty to a
lefty, to be honest.

Q. There have been times you went against Youzhny, so what do you think of the next one? It will be 12th time you are meeting.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, we've had some tough matches. Look, he
should've won a couple against me for sure. Somehow maybe I was on that streak that I was just winning everything for a while there where
luck was on my side and stuff.
But, sure, it's good going into a match with such a head to head. Normally I do not care about head to heads. The moment when someone has beaten me five times or I've beaten him five times you sort of know how to play that opponent, so...
But obviously if you go into a match that you have such a great head to head, sort of try to take advantage of it and get off to a good start in the match and hopefully roll as you did the previous times against him.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #68
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Fed has been serving well, which is good after his R1 match.

Kind of have a feeling Delpo will win tomorrow, but we'll see. Allez Fed!
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #69
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I had been to the doctor today, spending 6 hours in the waiting room only that the doctor had a look at the foot for 2 minutes. I still won't be able to work for the upcoming 2 weeks.
So it's about the same at your place as it was in Rotterdam... waiting, waiting, waiting...
btw, did your doc agree - on the whole - with the diagnosis in Rotterdam?
I thought the folks over there were very nice and considerate, a rather pleasant surprise I must say, despite all of the... waiting!

I do hope all will be fine, Doris! Two weeks still? You do keep on getting payed nonetheless, I hope?

Best wishes for a recovery as speedy as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
Seems like Fed has been serving well, which is good after his R1 match.

Kind of have a feeling Delpo will win tomorrow, but we'll see. Allez Fed!
Couldn't watch his match today (against Youzhny I mean), but the SB indicates Fed did a fine job.
Best of luck against JMDP tomorrow... looks like a toughie again, JMDP seems to be in fine form still, despite having played/playing three tournaments in a row!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #70
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
So it's about the same at your place as it was in Rotterdam... waiting, waiting, waiting...
This one was worse. I was lucky last week when I went there. I only spend about 1 1/2 hours there (with taking x-ray included).

Quote:
btw, did your doc agree - on the whole - with the diagnosis in Rotterdam?
Yes

Quote:
I thought the folks over there were very nice and considerate, a rather pleasant surprise I must say, despite all of the... waiting!
Especially the female doctor was really very friendly and also the "geepsmester" (or how ever that is written )

Quote:
I do hope all will be fine, Doris! Two weeks still?
Well, as the doctor already said last week such injuries usually take 4-6 weeks to heal.

And I will be patient because I don't want to risk to go to work to early. I already did it some years ago when I had a similiar injury at the other foot and that was a mistake as I suffered a setback.

Quote:
You do keep on getting payed nonetheless, I hope?
Yes. I will receive my normal salary. In case I can't work after 6 weeks I get sickness pay.

Quote:
Best wishes for a recovery as speedy as possible!
Thanks Karin
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #71
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
This one was worse. I was lucky last week when I went there. I only spend about 1 1/2 hours there (with taking x-ray included).
Awwww!

Quote:
Yes
Quite happy to hear that. So our 'emergency help' at our hospitals isn't as 'bad' as is claimed at times.

Quote:
Especially the female doctor was really very friendly and also the "geepsmester" (or how ever that is written )
Yes, I was very impressed by the female doc, she was truly friendly and really did her best I think. My kudos to her, and I told her so!

Haha, yes, the GIPSMEESTERS (translation: "Cast Masters" ).
I actually had to smile to see them all have that word ("GIPS MEESTER") printed on the back of their tees.
Very thougthful - to make light of what is in fact a nasty accident. Pretty good psychological approach.
Very, very good indeed. I was pretty much impressed at their attitude. Good folks!

In all it adds up to my initial thought: if there's a indeed a genuine problem, you'll get treated really really well. They sure showed their best.

Quote:
Well, as the doctor already said last week such injuries usually take 4-6 weeks to heal.

And I will be patient because I don't want to risk to go to work to early. I already did it some years ago when I had a similiar injury at the other foot and that was a mistake as I suffered a setback.
Do take your time, indeed.

Quote:
Yes. I will receive my normal salary. In case I can't work after 6 weeks I get sickness pay.
Glad to hear that! Like I said, do take your time, and be sure to not allow yourself to be put under any kind of pressure to appear at your work before it's indeed safe to do so.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 03-01-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #72
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Wins 6-3 6-4 vs Youzhny, Del Potro next in SF!

Quote:
Not Before 5:00 PM
[1] N Djokovic (SRB) vs [3] A Murray (GBR) - ATP

Not Before 7:00 PM
[8] J Del Potro (ARG) vs [2] R Federer (SUI) - ATP
Allez Roger! On y croit!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #73
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Wins 6-3 6-4 vs Youzhny, Del Potro next in SF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Allez Roger! On y croit!
+2

Allez Roger!!! Bonne Chance vs Delpo!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #74
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Allezzzz Fed!
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #75
country flag Roamed

Hope he can get a break soon, Delpo is firing up...