~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ wins 7-5 6-4 vs Murray for his 72nd title! YESSS - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #31
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Allez Roger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
I hope it's only a misunderstanding because I like him too much, maybe of the translations, or because he doesnt't well English end maybe he told something meaning other thing. As I know Llodra is a very correct. He likes a lot joking.
I'm French, and Llodra said that in French (it's in the article above), and it's worse than saying "he isn't a nice guy", "peu recommandable" is very bad, the dictionary suggested me the translation "disreputable", like someone who is dishonest ... There's no misunderstanding possible : Llodra has a lot of aversion for Chiudinelli and he said it publically to a French newspaper.

I don't know about Chiudinelli's attitude on-court, but Llodra himself is far from being "an ideal nice guy" there, like Arnaud Clément he's especially famous for being very harsh with ballboys, many people have witnessed that.

And anyway Marco is Roger's best friend on tour and Roger mustn't like that Llodra's attitude.

Last edited by duong : 02-28-2012 at 08:30 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #32
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I'm French, and Llodra said that in French (it's in the article above), and it's worse than saying "he isn't a nice guy", "peu recommandable" is very bad, the dictionary suggested me the translation "disreputable", like someone who is dishonest ... There's no misunderstanding possible : Llodra has a lot of avesion for Chiudinelli and he said it publically to a French newspaper.

Anyway, I don't know about Chiudinelli, but Llodra himself is far from being "an ideal nice guy", like Arnaud Clément he's especially famous for being very harsh with ballboys, many people have can witnessed that.

And anyway Marco is Roger's best friend on tour and Roger mustn't like that Llodra's attitude.
Roger and Mika get along very fine.
Marco might well be a very nice guy off-court (and from personal experiences I can fully agree with that), that doesn't mean he's very nice ON court as well.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #33
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's strange that Roger and Mika only met once on the tour in all the years. I think we all still remember their match in Toronton in 2010 - Llodra with an underarm service in the 2nd set and the T-shirt exchange after the match
It's especially strange given the fact that Llodra is at present the second-highest ranked player who was also there at AO 2000, when Roger started his slam appearance streak.

One would expect that 12+ years would see more than just one match between the two. Llodra has held up very well. Ljubicic, and JCF are also up in that same range, since JCF has been playing much better.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #34
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

welcome MLRF

Good luck, Roger !!!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #35
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ R1 vs Llodra!

I hope it's a nice match to watch, as it should be with their game styles! Which reminds me, I need to set it to record...
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #36
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Roger and Mika get along very fine.
Marco might well be a very nice guy off-court (and from personal experiences I can fully agree with that), that doesn't mean he's very nice ON court as well.
Llodra didn't say anything about that. Anyway, as for on-court attitudes many things can be said for everybody, including Llodra's attitude with the ballkids : maybe I shouldn't have talked about it, that was not the topic.

Actually informations on-site in Marseilles rather talked about Chiudinelli taking Llodra's favorite locker in Roland-Garros and Llodra getting angry about that. Llodra sounds funny and quite nice to me hearing him often in France, but he also sounds nervous and childish, and tennis players are very superstitious, then I can guess a quarrel started with something like that.

As for "Roger and Mika" getting along fine, I don't know but if there was such a quarrel between one of my best friends and another guy, I don't say I would be mad at that guy and I actually think Fed and Llodra will be very professional today, but at least I wouldn't feel that comfortable to be that friendly with him as last time Fed and Llodra met. That's all I meant to say actually, that we shouldn't expect the match to be as nice and friendly as last time

Last edited by duong : 02-28-2012 at 08:31 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #37
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger feel not very relax ~~~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #38
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Two friends fighting sucks for the friend in the middle.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #39
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Two friends fighting sucks for the friend in the middle.
It's like, ehm... life.
*my* life especially, LOL.

Anyways, I'm just hoping for a good match. Llodra can be tricky for anyone...
Best of luck Roger!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

That between ML and MC can be a conflict doesnt't metrer that the same have to be for RF to ML. If the French is correct with Roger their relationship should be based on this and Roger is so professional to not make inflience himself by misunderstandings or conflicts between other guys.

I'm shore Roger and Mika will play a very interesting match, maybe more RF's S&V.
I prefered to watch them in semi o in a final.

PS. Thankd Kat_YYZ for the wellcome.
You're all so much and for me'll be very difficult to know and remember you .
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #41
country flag JediFed

With all the Fed avatars...

Fed adds another bagel to his collection. 6-0 7-6(6)

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 02-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #42
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Wins 6-0 7-6 vs Llodra, Feli next in R2!

Odd sort of match, lots of work to do for Roger, needs to be sharper in the next rounds. Expect him to though...
Straightforward quick win anyway, thats always good.
Good luck against Feli Rog!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ The Dubai 2012 Cheering Thread ~ Wins 6-0 7-6 vs Llodra, Feli next in R2!

Bagels are few and far between these days, so I'll take it. Good that he won the tiebreak. Feli next!
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #44
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

He made too much unforced errors. He served more time the 2ond - I found him not very quiet and really too much focused.
He "hates" 1st rounds.
It's normal coming from other surface. He has to find a better timing on the bounce and I'm shore he'll do it tomorrow.
Llodra had the same problem but he hasn't the capacity to adapt so quickly and he hadn't any time to practice.
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #45
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

full match

interview

did you guys hear the commentator in the first set?
"It's not a racket, it's a wand"

oop
Quote:
Not Before 7:00 PM
F Lopez (ESP) vs [2] R Federer (SUI) - ATP
L Rosol (CZE) vs [4] J Tsonga (FRA) - ATP
Go Rog!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote