Which AO final was better - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which final was better?

2009 AO 37 40.22%
2012 AO 55 59.78%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
country flag Branimir

Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which AO final was better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Those first four sets were pretty good (all of it better quality than whatever happened in the 2012 final), and well worth re-watching.
As for that 5th set... depends on how much of a Fedtard you are.
If Nadull won it would probably the best final you have ever seen. Stfu.
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branimir View Post
No, the wimbledon 2008 final, 2009 ao semi, 2009 ao final and 2010 us open final were better

Last edited by Rafa is the GOAT : 02-21-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I sounded way too cocky
Rafa is the GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #18
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
No, the wimbledon 2008 final, 2009 ao semi, 2009 ao final and 2010 us open final were all beter (specially since i watched all of them in the best seats of the stadium, all catagory 1)
Who are you? Brentos' brother?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
country flag Branimir

Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, the wimbledon 2008 final, 2009 ao semi, 2009 ao final and 2010 us open final were all beter (specially since i watched all of them in the best seats of the stadium, all catagory 1)
I'm happy for you, but I wasn't talking to you.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #20

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

No I have good friends all over the world
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #21

Quote:
I'm happy for you, but I wasn't talking to you.
Sorry didn't read that you were not quoting me
Old 02-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Reading comprehension problems again, dear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Who are you? Brentos' brother?
Apparently.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 02-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

although the result was disaster
but that match was pretty enjoyable

GOOD STUFF MUST BE DONE
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
country flag Branimir

To be honest USO 2011 final was much higher quality than AO 2012.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

2012- up and down momentum from both players. Each time you would think the other one is already out but then momentum shift here and there until the very last point in the fift set.

Unloike 2009, by mid 5th set, you already know who is winning, not much drama/suspense, just boring tennis.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

The first four sets of the 2009 final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that slugfest in 2012

2009 semi between Nadal and Verdasco was overall better than both, other than that last game from Fernando
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #27
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
The first four sets of the 2009 final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that slugfest in 2012

2009 semi between Nadal and Verdasco was overall better than both, other than that last game from Fernando
aparenty, the 2009 finals was not finished in the fourth set.

A movie can't win an Oscar by just having a good start.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #28
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Federer didn't play that great in '09 couldnt serve

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #29
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ao 2009 or 2012
Personally 2009 but what do you think.
Stats of 2009:http://uk.reuters.com/article/2009/0...40361220090201
Stats of 2012: http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...19/1701ms.html
Search highlights for yourself and ps: does anyone have stats with winners and UE of WB2008 and hd highlights of the greatest match ever (WB2008)
Fed won more points? :'(
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

good thread. 09 was better pure tennis for sure cause of the matchup, while this year players were not at their highest level - though should be said nadal kind of always looks to be playing at a lower level when playing new djokovic (also cause of the matchup). still novak wasnt at wimbledon level or madrid/rome level for sure.

what bugs me about 09 is that by that time nadal was so much over fed you kind of felt that when it came to the tightness, fed was sure to wilt, there was no real uncertainty in the outcome, esp no with fit nadal on the other side of the net. in the end it felt like a ceremony, a funeral of a champ. everybody kind of knew it, and he knew it so he cried. that was lame. this year there was none of that, you really could not tell anything in that final set. the guts from both guys was insane, and you could feel it.

just two different matches, Id say equally epic.

sure, its all subjective.