Rafachat Vol.77 - Page 234 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #3496
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat Vol.77 - Get your asses back in here! Clay season is upon us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
hmmm...I didn't notice Mikey spamming for some reason. He's usually only around when I'm not online and I don't always read back whereas I do often see you online when I'm here as well.

So, I still blame you.

CL sucks, you football golddigger.
It's a money sucking pit that's destroying what's good and holy about football.

reported

Edit:

Yeah, once he shows his back to you, you're throwing him to the lions.

Right. We posted at the same time last night. So that is a whole load of bull shitting. Also, you call me a footie golddigger while i'm arguing with jm against overhyping RM.

I think you enjoy picking on the women of this thread like me, star, metis etc. While making googly eyes at jm and mikey

Edit: forgot to add poor maria to the list. She puts up with a lot from you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #3497
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat Vol.77 - Get your asses back in here! Clay season is upon us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
I think you enjoy picking on the women of this thread like me, star, metis etc. While making googly eyes at jm and mikey
Hmmmpfff...playing the victim card? How disappointing and how easy this kwistenbiebel forgets.
I argue with jm more than against anybody in here, you utter knurft.

+ Mikey is usually not around during my work day while you are hence my communication with you.
Unbelievable bit of shoving Mikey under the bus from you.

You ARE a football golddigger. I don't need to argue over it, it's obvious.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #3498
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

You flirt with jm. You fight with star. There's a difference

Wtf is a football golddigger? I'm not a WAG and all 4 teams in the CL semis have relatively expensive squads. Alright, given the evidence on display, I'm going to assume excessive BRBing occured in MC resulting in exhaustion. Understandable, given how good rafito looked in the pics.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #3499
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

CL has nearly the same very small group of football teams year after year with only a few exceptions.
You are a RM gloryhunter but you can easily replace RM with Barça or ManU for example.

Only teams with VERY high budgets are able to compete in it, leaving other football teams to fight over crumbs.

CL has been detrimental to quality football in Europe.

That and not having the same financial requirements in Europe. In some countries, football teams need to have a sound financial structure, in other countries, dodgy tax deals and financial shenanigans are allowed.

As long as the playing field is not the same all over Europe, football is going downhill. A more fair competition throughout Europe would do wonders to the sport but as long as corruption rules at the top, it's never going to happen.

Again CL sucks.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #3500
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

All granted, it's a flawed system but so you can argue about almost any sector within the commercial market. Big farms put small farms out of business, big tech companies stifle competition, and big nations bully smaller ones on trade policy. Do you adopt thoreau's position to retreat into the wilderness on all those issues?

Big and small teams exist and whatever system you devise will still produce inequalities. Just because you choose to boycott CL football, don't ask the rest of us to pretend the semis of CL are
useless.

As for your gloryhunter remark, it barely merits a response but some of us were not born in Europe and only few teams like RM actually made the decision tto bring their product to us. Havinng never felt the need to go pick out some small team just to prove I have "cred", I'm happy to root for RM through thick and thin. Come back to me when you spend all your time in GM fanboying some Challenger player, ok?
Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #3501
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Love it. WG owning poor oelewapperish walloon left right and center
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #3502
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

This thread needs JM vs Hilde again!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #3503
country flag Castafiore

Shush, swiss knurft. Stay out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
As for your gloryhunter remark, it barely merits a response but some of us were not born in Europe and only few teams like RM actually made the decision tto bring their product to us.
In this modern world, that's a very, very poor excuse.

Anybody who really loves football will very quickly be able to look at the sport from a bigger perspective than just the big fancy teams who attract more attention to those outside Europe.

A real football fan (vs a gloryhunting one) will not wait until a posh team comes to them but will actively look for info on the sport from top to bottom.

I've been following the sport before it got rotten to the core with their CL crap as the cherry on the cake. CL can produce good matches, sure, but it has skewed international and national competition beyond recognition. To suggest that it is what it is, is nonsense. There is a lot of room for improvement.
Just the fact that the same small group of teams reach the latter rounds of CL is enough of an indication that it's rotten. A really interesting competition would lead to more unpredictable latter rounds. But no, only the big teams can afford a big enough team and sufficient means to play not only in the national competition but also internationally at a high level.

Last edited by Castafiore : 04-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #3504
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

About the CL I have a resigned grandma's position (not to mix with Nole's deceased grandpa as I'm not dead just yet ) of a bystander, the grass was greener and the sky was bluer etc ....

Don't like the power of money Hilde but I think there's nothing we can do. Football (like tennis) has become a business, whether we like it or not.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #3505
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

No-one cares or cheers for Anderlecht outside of Brussells Hilde
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #3506
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Don't like the power of money Hilde but I think there's nothing we can do. Football (like tennis) has become a business, whether we like it or not.
There is something that can be done if only people would be willing to work against the corrupted football bigwigs.

Instructing every team in every country at least in Europe to be built along the same lines, with the same sort of healthy financial structure and with a limit on the amount of money that can be used to "buy" a team + rewarding teams that actually care for their youth work and help make young players into strong adult players.
etc.

Platini is one of the guys who is set on making football go back to a more healthy competition but it remains to be seen how far he can go.

If only football was run like a good solid business.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #3507
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

jm

Quote:
Shush, swiss knurft. Stay out of it.

In this modern world, that's a very, very poor excuse.

Anybody who really loves football will very quickly be able to look at the sport from a bigger perspective than just the big fancy teams who attract more attention to those outside Europe.

A real football fan (vs a gloryhunting one) will not wait until a posh team comes to them but will actively look for info on the sport from top to bottom.

oh get off your soap box. you think access to the internet, access to tv, all those things we take for granted when we are in a developed economy are magically inexhaustible resources for everyone? you want to take a look at my twitter tl when a RM match is on at 1 a.m. india time and people are posting about how often their power went out and how crappy the stream is and still sitting there doing their best to cheer for a team they may never see - you have the audacity to judge their status as football fans?

entitlement. nothing but entitlement can produce such dismissive attitudes over who is a "true football fan". add a gendered "joke" in there with some bad punctuation and you can start posting as georgie.

btw, you should please always consider me a gloryhunter/golddigger. i will be more worried when i get on the good books of someone with this kind of entitlement.

Quote:
I've been following the sport before it got rotten to the core with their CL crap as the cherry on the cake. CL can produce good matches, sure, but it has skewed international and national competition beyond recognition. To suggest that it is what it is, is nonsense. There is a lot of room for improvement.
Just the fact that the same small group of teams reach the latter rounds of CL is enough of an indication that it's rotten. A really interesting competition would lead to more unpredictable latter rounds. But no, only the big teams can afford a big enough team and sufficient means to play not only in the national competition but also internationally at a high level.
that's good for you. no one is denying you the right to not be attracted to CL football. but just like amazing tennis matches may be happening on the courts of futures and challengers every day (and they do), doesn't mean the world is going to stop watching the grand slams. in fact, i bet you tuned in to watch every fedal grand slam final even when it seemed like no one but the two were getting to the finals, didn't you?

Quote:
There is something that can be done if only people would be willing to work against the corrupted football bigwigs.

Instructing every team in every country at least in Europe to be built along the same lines, with the same sort of healthy financial structure and with a limit on the amount of money that can be used to "buy" a team + rewarding teams that actually care for their youth work and help make young players into strong adult players.
etc.

Platini is one of the guys who is set on making football go back to a more healthy competition but it remains to be seen how far he can go.

If only football was run like a good solid business.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #3508
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
but just like amazing tennis matches may be happening on the courts of futures and challengers every day (and they do), doesn't mean the world is going to stop watching the grand slams.

Did I suggest otherwise?

-

Ronaldo, Messi & co may be playing in posh clubs but that doesn't mean that they can't produce magical play on the pitch. That's not the point, oelewapper.
Kompany plays for a rich team I despise but he's still a solid player.
The futures and challengers argument is for somebody else you love crossing swords with. You only have to see a match of the team I support to see what a big talent gap there is between the average player from RM and the average player from my team.

I'm not one of those who will suggest that you need to look for the lower ranked teams to find solid matches. Don't confuse me with somebody else here.

CL however is rotten. Pure and simple. There was a time when the European Championship was wide open. Now, the same limited group of teams reach the latter rounds with few exceptions.

Quote:
you think access to the internet, access to tv, all those things we take for granted when we are in a developed economy are magically inexhaustible resources for everyone
access to the internet will enable you to look at the sport from a wider perspective.

Quote:
you want to take a look at my twitter tl when a RM match is on at 1 a.m. india time and people are posting about how often their power went out and how crappy the stream is and still sitting there doing their best to cheer for a team they may never see - you have the audacity to judge their status as football fans?

I'm talking to you who has been following football for years and who is posting from somewhere with great internet access. I'm not judging their status at all.

Anyway, time for me to go. Fun arguing with you, oelewapper.

JM, I don't support Anderlecht, knurft.

Last edited by Castafiore : 04-25-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #3509
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

bye ildegaard
Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #3510
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god.

A full page of densely worded soccer talk with hardly any smilies.

star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread