Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 97 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #1441
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
Cincinnati is no way a measure of the us open. cincy is a faster court where attacking high risk tennis pays off but the us open is a slower court. but rafa is not in the tournament so that makes roger the fave. because for me that alone bring out the worst in federer
USO is slower than Cincy but it is in NO way a slow court. Last year it was particularly slow but USO usually plays really fast.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #1442
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
it's still outdoor HC and the last big tournamanent before the US open which is just 1 week away
it's a way of measure but it doesn't mean fed winning in new york is a lock.
it means something, you cannot deny that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
USO is slower than Cincy but it is in NO way a slow court. Last year it was particularly slow but USO usually plays really fast.
nope, i can't deny that. i am just mentioning is a slower court compared to cincy i am not saying it is as slow as miami or clay. 2 things that federer has above head and shoulder among any other player right now is his return to the net play. that was always his strength when he was an up and comer and decided to leave the style because of obvious reasons. but now he is adapting it again because too many baseliners defensive players who stay way behind the baseline.and he can't go toe to toe with ball bashers anymore.

3 things that makes him fave

1. no rafa
2. confidence which goes hand in hand with number 1
3. improve net play. thank you paul annacone
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #1443
country flag NYMIKE

NYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond reputeNYMIKE has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing I would love more than for Roger to win in Queens, but Murray should not be slept on.
NYMIKE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #1444
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

1. no rafa
2. confidence which goes hand in hand with number 1
3. improve net play. thank you paul annacone[

Agreed. His net play in the Wimbledon final was nothing short of awesome, and was pretty decent today too. Good to see someone having the balls to attack the net early in a point. It's a shame we don't see it more from too many other players.

I've read somewhere - actually it might have been a post on MTF - that the US Open courts and balls will play quicker this year than last year (at least). Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited by Han Solo : 08-20-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Formatting
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #1445
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

So much depends on the draw. Whoever draws Ferrer will play first and the one who draws Murray will probably have a brutal match late in the evening. Because of his age and less recovery time, Fed would not have much of a chance vs Nole playing the evening before. Besides, it seems that mentally he can't keep it together for too long.

I thought it was interesting what Courier said about Fed's scheduling and deciding not to "overplay." Fed didn't chase after the exhibitions, etc. instead he scheduled himself to peak at the GSs with almost "enforced" 6 week rests after (except for a few Davis Cup appearances). The GS success came and was followed by the lucrative sponsorships and no need for exhos. So yes, Fed and IMG have managed his career very well indeed - his image, the balance of family vs tennis life, the media, the scheduling etc.

Hope he can continue with the excellent scheduling. Maybe next year he should cut down on some of the back-to-back Masters - e.g. don't play Canada/only Cincy (especially play where the courts are faster and more favorable to him).
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #1446
country flag Art&Soul

Art&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond repute

Number 18 is coming soon, stay tuned

The most talented player the world ever seen, RogiGOAT

The proud Passenger on the FEDERER 18 EXPRESS
Art&Soul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #1447
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

20 grand slams is possible, 100 total titles not really. It's just highly unlikely he'll be around long enough to get another 24 total titles. 20 Grand Slams will be a stretch as well but, if he has one more great year, it's possible. 24 more titles is far less likely. I dont really think he cares about total titles anyway. He knows he will never beat Jimmy Conner's record in that regard so it's not a record he's chasing.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #1448
country flag ssj100

ssj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
20 grand slams is possible, 100 total titles not really. It's just highly unlikely he'll be around long enough to get another 24 total titles. 20 Grand Slams will be a stretch as well but, if he has one more great year, it's possible. 24 more titles is far less likely. I dont really think he cares about total titles anyway. He knows he will never beat Jimmy Conner's record in that regard so it's not a record he's chasing.
Maybe he could win 24 more titles if he played more ATP 250 matches and less ATP 500 matches?

6-2, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-0 (and not even finals).
ssj100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #1449
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Unlikely. At least the 100 titles. 20 slams are possible.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #1450
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

This year Fed has really surprised me. I knew he might have a major left in him (let's hope even more than one ), but to come out and win 9 titles in less than 12 months and climb back to #1 is amazing, and I wouldn't have thought of it even in my wildest dreams.

For the USO I think stupid Saturday hurts his chances a lot, Nole should be favourite there.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #1451
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
For the USO I think stupid Saturday hurts his chances a lot, Murray should be favourite there.
Corrected.
Still, if the courts are really faster than last year, Roger should be able to cruise to semifinal without wasting too much energy.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #1452
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Paul annacone is a GOAT coach, handling 2 GOATs. Today he incoporate Sampras 2nd serve which Federer modified as aggressive kick serve trying to hit the lines. Attacking the net at right time in the middle of rally, i think got to do with a better forehand also that players difficult to pass him. His fitness seems better too.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #1453
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

It really is a joy to see Roger come full circle from 2010 when he started his work with Paul. It was 2 years before he last won a slam and now 2 years after he started working with Paul you can see their hard work bearing fruits in the form of titles, slams, #1, etc.

His net play and his ability to recognise when to come to the net has undoubtedly been massively reawakened (he was always good but just neglected it) since PA came on board.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #1454
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
Maybe he could win 24 more titles if he played more ATP 250 matches and less ATP 500 matches?
Vulterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #1455
country flag jimboy7

jimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond reputejimboy7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
this will become the mother of all sports quests in modern sports. it will be known going forward simply as "The Quest".
peRFect! I love "The Quest"

24 to go. I think if he takes more smaller tournaments into his schedule and he'll play at injury-free at least till Rio 2016, maybe, it is possible.
he'll take 2 tournaments this year, the there would be 22 left.
22 in 4 years, where he has his major-game till W 2014 would be possible. then he can play all
rotterdams, dubais, estorils, halles, (after 2014? gstaats), cincys, stockholms/viennas, basels and WTFs to reach the 100.
jimboy7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote