Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 96 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #1426
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #1427
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Roger turned the clock back. His form is even more amazing if you watch his previous rivals - noone of them is half a player they were in prime or retired already. That era was so better than this one, a lot of players had imagination and skills for all-court tennis.

Rogie wouldn`t win so easily with guys of his age in their prime around in stead of current "golden era". I believe he can get to 9 titles till the year is over.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #1428
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, I think if he wins the USO, 9 titles seems like a good estimation as I doubt he'll play Shanghai then. He'll give himself plenty of rest and attack Basel and the WTF which means he just won't be able to get to 10.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #1429
country flag kenneth79

kenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Roger turned the clock back. His form is even more amazing if you watch his previous rivals - noone of them is half a player they were in prime or retired already. That era was so better than this one, a lot of players had imagination and skills for all-court tennis.

Rogie wouldn`t win so easily with guys of his age in their prime around in stead of current "golden era". I believe he can get to 9 titles till the year is over.
QFT

Indeed the mug era is the current one

Also like Murray , Tsonga , Nalbandian
kenneth79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #1430
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
where is the olympic silver?
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #1431
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Nostrafailus himself showing his pearls of wisdom

Truth be said, I never expected Fed to get as far as he did myself, either. So that makes me a Nostrafailius as well.

It feels sooooooo good to be proven wrong at times.

If anything, I hope the talks of the 2004-2007 era being a 'weak' one () are for now DEAD and BURIED.

KING.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #1432
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you liked that one
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #1433
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

My feeling is he's more likely to get to 20 slams than 100 titles, even after a superlative performance in Cincinnati this past week. Surely age will catch up with him in a season or so's time?

If he captures US Open this year (still a big IF in my book), and Nadal stays injured or off form for a couple of majors next year, then expect 20 before the middle of July.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #1434
country flag Arkin

Arkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
My feeling is he's more likely to get to 20 slams than 100 titles, even after a superlative performance in Cincinnati this past week. Surely age will catch up with him in a season or so's time?

If he captures US Open this year (still a big IF in my book), and Nadal stays injured or off form for a couple of majors next year, then expect 20 before the middle of July.
if he has enough energy to win 3 more slams he can win many more titles on the way (like basel, halle, rotterdam, doha)
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #1435
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now I know this won't happen as Novak's so tough to beat in the AO but are you suggesting Roger finally does the 4-in-a-row at the ripe old age of 31 ? Because if that happens surely the Nadulletards will waive goodbye to the forum .

Quote:
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Old 08-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #1436
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Now I know this won't happen as Novak's so tough to beat in the AO but are you suggesting Roger finally does the 4-in-a-row at the ripe old age of 31 ? Because if that happens surely the Nadulletards will waive goodbye to the forum .
Err, no. The MOST he can hope for is AO and Wimbledon, but only if his competition is significantly limited by an undercooked, or unfit Nadal. Federer seems to raise his level when Nadal is not lurking on the other side of the draw in majors, no? And before that he'll have to win US Open this season, which is hardly a given.

What I will say though is that after today, any objective observer (and some of us do post on MTF) would have to place Federer above Djokovic as favourite for US Open. He's clearly the better player at the moment. But what may well count against him is that Djokovic is six years younger, with better stamina and powers of recovery....
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #1437
country flag Looner

Quote:
Err, no. The MOST he can hope for is AO and Wimbledon, but only if his competition is significantly limited by an undercooked, or unfit Nadal. Federer seems to raise his level when Nadal is not lurking on the other side of the draw in majors, no? And before that he'll have to win US Open this season, which is hardly a given.

What I will say though is that after today, any objective observer (and some of us do post on MTF) would have to place Federer above Djokovic as favourite for US Open. He's clearly the better player at the moment. But what may well count against him is that Djokovic is six years younger, with better stamina and powers of recovery....
Your second paragraph is spot on. That's why I could not have RF as favourite for the USO. That SS is just too stupid. If Novak loses early, Roger has a huge chance.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #1438
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

Cincinnati is no way a measure of the us open. cincy is a faster court where attacking high risk tennis pays off but the us open is a slower court. but rafa is not in the tournament so that makes roger the fave. because for me that alone bring out the worst in federer
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #1439
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

I put Fed as the USO favorite just based on two things.

He took Djokovic to five sets and had the advantage in the fifth set so it was very close.

1) Djokovic was playing at a higher level last year.
2) Fed is playing at a higher level this year.

Combine the two and Fed has a good advantage.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #1440
country flag Arkin

Arkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond reputeArkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
Cincinnati is no way a measure of the us open. cincy is a faster court where attacking high risk tennis pays off but the us open is a slower court. but rafa is not in the tournament so that makes roger the fave. because for me that alone bring out the worst in federer
it's still outdoor HC and the last big tournamanent before the US open which is just 1 week away
it's a way of measure but it doesn't mean fed winning in new york is a lock.
it means something, you cannot deny that