Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 93 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #1381
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

I hope now since next year his commitment to MS is over ,he concentrates on the davis cup He should aim for that more than the olympics
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #1382
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
I hope now since next year his commitment to MS is over ,he concentrates on the davis cup He should aim for that more than the olympics
well that won't be hard since there's no Olympics next year
So do you think they'll let him play all the singles rubbers himself?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #1383
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well that won't be hard since there's no Olympics next year
So do you think they'll let him play all the singles rubbers himself?
FEDERER! 100 titles!!! That appears like Great. But it looks like it's too Big for now. IMO, 20 GS is still possible, but he needs to keep his body good for next 2-3 years.

Def, he'll be given the 1st preference if plays in Davis Cup.
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #1384
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

# 76 in cincinnati is possible, after all it is one of the most sucessful masters 1000 for Roger.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #1385
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
# 76 in cincinnati is possible, after all it is one of the most sucessful masters 1000 for Roger.
Possible? It's a lock. He's 39-2 on HCs since last September, and of the two losses, one was to Nadal (surprise surprise... although Roger got revenge in Indian Wells), and the other a freak (and I mean FREAK) loss to Roddick. So strangely, the only two people he's lost to on hardcourts in the last 11 months have been a) the person who has dominated him most over his career (Rafael Nadal), and b) the person who he has dominated most over his career (Andy Roddick).

Back on topic, Cincy is the quickest of the HC Masters, so that gives him a huge advantage. Add to that the fact that Nadal is absent (and Djokovic and Murray both in the other half), and the only person in his side of the draw who has the game to beat him (Berdych) is seriously out of form, he must be the favourite for the title.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #1386
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, Djokovic will play the final and exhaust himself before the USO.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #1387
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

If roger remains injury from till 35-36. After that point he should only play the 4 slams, WTF, basel, and maybe halle before wimbledon and perhaps cinci before the us open.

8-10 events, lot of down time between to recover and peak for the slams. Then he might even just forget the whole clay season and french open but with, nole, and murray likely gone in 5 years he may still have his chances. Agassi was in the us open finals pushing peakerer. No reason fed if he has the desire, bigger serve and quicker points, cannot continue to be effective at 35... his biggest compeition murray, nole will be nearly 30 at that point as well and their style will cause injuries and slow them down further.

Fed has adapted now after with annacone to this more offensive style game and should only get more used to it here on out. Fed has all of his 31, 32, and 33 years to be right there at slams. murray and nadal are injured already and with chronic problmes... if nadal skips us open which is likely at this point and murray and nole play super saturday second.... fed will have his chances in the us open final against either...

He's arguably playing better right now than he was at the us open last year... other than a terrible french open fed has been solid on hard courts this year... look at australia, indian wells, dubai... if no nadal... fed may have won aussie open...

Regardless fed is not losing number 1 or 2.. with nadal injured anytime soon...nadal won't be at the us open... and most likely murray will draw fed at 2013 aussie open... fed will have chances big time in the next 3-4 slams since he only has to beat murray-nole winner... and at worst murray then nole..

If fed grabs us open.. for sure he gets 20
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #1388
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
If roger remains injury from till 35-36. After that point he should only play the 4 slams, WTF, basel, and maybe halle before wimbledon and perhaps cinci before the us open.

8-10 events, lot of down time between to recover and peak for the slams. Then he might even just forget the whole clay season and french open but with, nole, and murray likely gone in 5 years he may still have his chances. Agassi was in the us open finals pushing peakerer. No reason fed if he has the desire, bigger serve and quicker points, cannot continue to be effective at 35... his biggest compeition murray, nole will be nearly 30 at that point as well and their style will cause injuries and slow them down further.

Fed has adapted now after with annacone to this more offensive style game and should only get more used to it here on out. Fed has all of his 31, 32, and 33 years to be right there at slams. murray and nadal are injured already and with chronic problmes... if nadal skips us open which is likely at this point and murray and nole play super saturday second.... fed will have his chances in the us open final against either...

He's arguably playing better right now than he was at the us open last year... other than a terrible french open fed has been solid on hard courts this year... look at australia, indian wells, dubai... if no nadal... fed may have won aussie open...

Regardless fed is not losing number 1 or 2.. with nadal injured anytime soon...nadal won't be at the us open... and most likely murray will draw fed at 2013 aussie open... fed will have chances big time in the next 3-4 slams since he only has to beat murray-nole winner... and at worst murray then nole..

If fed grabs us open.. for sure he gets 20
I find it hard to believe there won't be some younger players in the top five by this stage of Federer's career, should he last that long. So regardless of Murray, Nadal and Djokovic having declined, there will be others dominating slams.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #1389
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
Hopefully, Djokovic will play the final and exhaust himself before the USO.
Hopefully, Fed will never again win a master or a slam.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #1390
country flag hadouken!

hadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond repute

Silverer
hadouken! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #1391
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Roger will mug up his schedule THAT much once the year is over even if he achieves the unthinkable and gets the YE #1. He has already signed up to defend his Rotterdam title plus one of his best events on tour are Masters events like Madrid and Cincy, so I'm sure he'll still play them and will just be more reasonable by prioritising his health.

I hope he does add a few more 250s such as Estoril once in a while for the occasional title and because people love to see him in these less prestigious events. Moreover, from 2015 with the extended grass court season, he might finally have a chance to win a grass title in the UK outside of SW19.

Djokovic is vulturing Toronto quite nicely, so I hope he is at least tired for the USO if he does well at Cincy. However, Cincy is a fast court and if he didn't have any gruelling matches in Toronto where the surfaces is slower and more physical, he won't be as tired after Cincy. Still, 3 weeks in succession plus another 2 for a slam should be tough. I hope Roger has enough in him to make a final dash for #1 if he is still behind after the Open. But if he wins the USO, I'd hardly care about #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Can you please bet your house on it and come back to me? Kthxbye.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #1392
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not so sure as you were a few months ago, eh?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #1393
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you feel that way you should probably avoid watching Cincy and the USO this year.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #1394
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Fed since last USO final fluke loss - 39-2 with all two losses coming on superfast mud hardcourts in a night session. Guess what's the speed in Cincy .
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #1395
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Every time Roger plays I feel honored.

Im drunk but so what.

Roger, I love you.

Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote