Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #1366
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Quest For 20 Slams and 100 Titles

take care amber.

see you soon.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #1367
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

100 titles would be an incredible achievement, I'd be amazed if he pulled that off.
I expect Roger to play until 35 atleast, and then take it by the year. Even so, I think 41-43 might be a bit of a stretch. At 40+ I can't see him competing at the highest level in this physical age.

But you never know, he has remained free from serious injuries and really loves playing. It all depends on whether or not he can still be a threat.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #1368
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stomach 100, but I can stomach 20 slams.

IMHO feel the 100 title mark is more difficult and less realistic than the 20 slam mark.

But knowing Federer, he's probably crazy enough to attempt the 100 mark.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #1369
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

affirmative.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #1370
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Well, I'm sure the Federer fans and tennis in general will be glad to see that if it happens!

Ken "Muscles" Rosewall did it, winning his last tournament at 43 in 1977. Richard "Pancho" Gonzalez beat Connors at the age of 43 in 1971.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
and there you have it general mc.

dont think that fed is not aware of history.
Definitely. I'm sure Connors remembered Gonzalez doing it to him, and so I'm not surprised Connors won tour matches just 3 months short of 43 (his last two match wins were at Halle in 1995 - where he lost in the QF).

I'm sure Federer remembers how well a 35 year old Agassi played him in the 2005 US Open final, so it won't surprise me to see Federer contesting majors till that age or even older if he wants to do it.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #1371
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

affirmative general mc.

on thing is always true about these all time great players like laver, emerson, nadal, fed, and sampras.

they are usually on top of their tennis history.

anybody with 11 majors or higher to his name has to look over history to see what else is possible.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #1372
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
At first. When the title was created, everyone was laughin at Clay Death saying that he was on crack saying stupid things.
Now they're all starting to shut up.
He won 5 titles this year (Last year at this point he had only 1) and almost every title over SF.

So many unbelievers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i think Fed is finally going snatch that olympics gold. its slick grass and he is on a bit of roll.

and finally its just best of 3 sets foremat until the final so it is not going to be as demanding as the slams.
Ok. Since Mr. Clay Death isn't around to bump his visionary thread at the appropriate time, I'll do it during his absence. As Mr. viruzzz said above, he started this thread when nobody, (probably even Federer), did not think it possible.

CD and others were saying he would have an excellent chance for the Olympics gold
That analysis has been proven correct.

So now we shall see if his 76th career title and 6th title of this year will come against Andy Murray on Sunday. He's assured a silver medal at least, which is still a great honor, even if not the title.

It won't be easy for Federer. The grass is not in as good shape now as it was during the Wimbledon championships. There is no grass at all along the baseline, making it easier for defensive players to retrieve without slipping. This should favor Murray's defensive skills.
I think Federer must hit a bit riskier sharper angles and low slice to the grassier part of the court, and have a brilliant net game to pull it off, not to mention continued excellent serving.

That's the technical side. Will he be ready mentally? He said he was emotionally drained following the Del Potro match. Will he come out flat for Murray, ala Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Djokovic? Federer has the silver in the bag, with Djokovic's loss, #1 is still his all the way to Cincy, so will he be too sentimental and feel for Murray who is trying to finally win a tournament at Wimbledon for Great Britain and himself? Murray is about as confident as he can be.

Considering everything, it seems about 50-50 to me.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 08-04-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #1373
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute

what happened to CD?

this thread is on the express train from delusional to visionary.

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1374
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it`ll not be prophecy, but 6 monthes ago for me it`d not be even a question - is it possible or not. Even now I think it`s just too much, but... Now that "but" at least exists! Great thread.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1375
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

he flipped his shit (for like the 1000th time)
mods sent him to the party van for good

CD- if you're out there
lurking or posting as one of your 1000 ALTs
or troling up the GM of TTW

this is for you

Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #1376
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiCrayanhan View Post
what happened to CD?

CD is banned. he had some of the best threads anywhere. Just look around different sites and he can be found. Remember posters make the forum, not the other way around.

It looks like Fed isn't going anywhere soon. The level he has will take at least a year or two to deteriorate.
And no telling how many titles he'll rack up by then.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #1377
country flag masterclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Ok. Since Mr. Clay Death isn't around to bump his visionary thread at the appropriate time, I'll do it during his absence. As Mr. viruzzz said above, he started this thread when nobody, (probably even Federer), did not think it possible.

CD and others were saying he would have an excellent chance for the Olympics gold
That analysis has been proven correct.

So now we shall see if his 76th career title and 6th title of this year come against Andy Murray on Sunday. He's assured a silver medal at least, which is still a great honor, even if not the title.

It won't be easy for Federer. The grass is not in as good shape now as it was during the Wimbledon championships. There is no grass at all along the baseline, making it easier for defensive players to retrieve without slipping. This should favor Murray's defensive skills.
I think Federer must hit a bit riskier sharper angles and low slice to the grassier part of the court, and have a brilliant net game to pull it off, not to mention continued excellent serving.

That's the technical side. Will he be ready mentally? He said he was emotionally drained following the Del Potro match. Will he come out flat for Murray, ala Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Djokovic? Federer has the silver in the bag, with Djokovic's loss, #1 is still his all the way to Cincy, so will he be too sentimental and feel for Murray who is trying to finally win a tournament at Wimbledon for Great Britain and himself? Murray is about as confident as he can be.

Considering everything, it seems about 50-50 to me.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiCrayanhan View Post
what happened to CD?

As it is essentially off topic, I'll briefly sum up, and then let's please move on with discussion on topic. He's still awaiting a decision on appeal for permanent ban that came as a result of a relatively minor infraction that exceeded some numerical limit on infractions. See the Suggestions/Feedback section of this forum for the thread and appeal to remove his permanent ban.

As far the express train goes, I'll wager it will be getting more rapid as Federer gets ever closer to accomplishing it...

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 08-04-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #1378
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Mods are killing this site banning some of the most colourful and unique members.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #1379
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

So, who reckons we'll see number 76 in Cincy?

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #1380
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

So what are we looking at?

#80 at early-mid 2013?
#90 at late '14-early '15?
#100 at late '17?

I don't think he'll ever stack his schedule with 250/500s?