Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 73 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #1081
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Quest For 20 Slams and 100 Titles

and still it doesnt stop the press from talking about that "goat" business.

to set the record perfectly straight, fed also has said in the past that he wants to be known as the greatest of all time. it was before the french open to start a few years ago. i saw and heard that interview with my own eyes and my own ears.

a senior sports illustrated writer asked him why it was important for him to win the french open. fed said--in no uncertain terms--that it was because he wanted to be known as the greatest of all time.

now i believe he as matured and has a much more reasonable position. maximum respect each era and the let the history and the records speak for themselves.

17 majors and 6 years at #1 cannot lie.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #1082
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
and still it doesnt stop the press from talking about that "goat" business.

to set the record perfectly straight, fed also has said in the past that he wants to be known as the greatest of all time. it was before the french open to start a few years ago. i saw and heard that interview with my own eyes and my own ears.

a senior sports illustrated writer asked him why it was important for him to win the french open. fed said--in no uncertain terms--that it was because he wanted to be known as the greatest of all time.

now i believe he as matured and has a much more reasonable position. maximum respect each era and the let the history and the records speak for themselves.

17 majors and 6 years at #1 cannot lie.
That seems to be how I remembered it has well general. He's obviously gained some perspective through the years.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #1083
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

affirmative general mc. there is no way around 17 majors and 6 years at #1.

they speak more loudly than anything or anyone.

those numbers are hard to top.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #1084
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think Fed's driving force these days are his rivals. Beneath his calm exterior he is a fierce competitor, and I think there's no way if Nadal and Djokovic hadn't arrived he'd have the same drive to win he does now. I think becoming no1 is the really big thing for him.

He's not so worried about past champions from other eras.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #1085
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

that is exactly why i have suggested that he will play and compete until he is 41-43 years old.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #1086
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

I think that he can win more 1 or 2 slams, 20 seems too much. It doesn't matter much, because at the moment he is the GOAT for me. In the future probably there will be someone better and it's still in Nadal's reach to top Federer.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #1087
country flag chammer44

chammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond reputechammer44 has a reputation beyond repute

Caught between the Nadal rock and the djoker hard place the Swiss miss hasn't a chance at 20
chammer44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1088
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

clay warrior just needs to worry about what he can do based on his own unique set of competitive advantages. i believe that is exactly what he is doing.

i dont think he has any sleeepless nights worrying about what fed can do or what he is doing.

trying to chase 17 slams would be a foolish agenda that could end his career.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #1089
country flag Evitman

Evitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Fed defeat Nadal in straight sets in the semifinal of USO 2012 and then take the title against Djokovic, saving 5 championship points in the process.
Evitman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #1090
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

u.s. open is a tough foremat for fed now. he is 31.

wimbledon remains the least demanding slam for him.

he will need nole and the clay warrior to fall apart and upset by somebody at the open. chances of that happening are not that high this time around. both will be well rested and ready.

long grueling RG campaign pretty much wore out both nole and nadal physically and mentally. they were both under a lot of pressure there.

and of course nadal was faced with the challenge of winning just about every single match during the clay season. that took a lot out of him.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #1091
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

fed needs a great draw at the u.s. open and he needs somebody to upset nadal and nole.

that is the big question of the day? can that happen?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #1092
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

Hellooo general hercules. I do not think Nadal& Nole will fall early. Lightning does not strike twice

But if Fed is seeded #1 or #2, he can reach the final and there could be possibility of Nadal-Djoker semis as well

Bottomline Djokovic is the best player on hardcourts. HE will start as favorite
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #1093
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
fed needs a great draw at the u.s. open and he needs somebody to upset nadal and nole.

that is the big question of the day? can that happen?
He's had great draws at RG and Wimbledon, I don't think you can get more lucky than this (in the early rounds). He did a great job in the semis and finals to take #17 though.

However General Death, if Nole and Rafa are drawn in the same half and play a grueling semifinal on Stupid Saturday... Fed could have the upper hand in the final pretty easily (provided he makes that far, which I won't take for granted). Anyway I think USO conditions suits his game pretty well: he should have taken out Nole in at least one of the two last semis.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #1094
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Not if he kept losing to Nadal at R.G. On the other hand if he'd played Del Potro in the U.S. Open final on grass, then yes, I guess he'd have had a NCYGS.
I said 2009, the year he didn't have to play Nadal at the French. His level at the AO09 would have won it against Nadal were that final played on grass (not like mono-Fed in 08), and clearly he would have taken USO09, so actually NCYGS.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #1095
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks View Post
Hellooo general hercules. I do not think Nadal& Nole will fall early. Lightning does not strike twice

But if Fed is seeded #1 or #2, he can reach the final and there could be possibility of Nadal-Djoker semis as well

Bottomline Djokovic is the best player on hardcourts. HE will start as favorite

excellent post general shanks.