Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 69 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #1021
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Quest For 20 Slams and 100 Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Since this thread started (I believe it was after he won Rotterdam), Fed won Dubai, M1000 IW, M1000 Madrid and Wimbadannn.

Where's the jinx?

He returned to world number one and defeated players like Nadal, Djokovic, Murray (x2) during those tournaments I mentioned.

Where's the jinx?
Wimbadannn awesome Viruzzz
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1022
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people said that breaking Sampras's record and winning RG would be enough for them. I never thought like that. However, with this latest success and all the consequences like world #1 and record Wimbledon titles it brings makes me satisfied with Fed's career as it is. If he stops tomorrow, I won't mind.

However, that's probably because I know he'll aim for even more and I'll get to enjoy his free-flowing excellence and fighting spirit for many years to come, save for a freak injury.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #1023
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
this thread has even the press talking about the possibility of 100 titles.

general viruzzz it is your reponsibility to keep the spineless hate riddled ejacuzees out of this place.

this is a place for honest and objective fed fans to sit down and discuss all tennis matters as they relate to Fed.
General death vaaaaaaaaaaaaammmooooooooooooossssssssssssssssssss sssssss!!!!

There was an interview in which he was asked the same question by the journalist about 100 titles. It was eerie actually. Maybe the journalist is a MTF member
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #1024
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

general viruzzz it is your reponsibility to keep the spineless hate riddled ejacuzees out of this place.

this is a place for honest and objective fed fans to sit down and discuss all tennis matters as they relate to Fed.
I'll try but this is still MTF and that's almost as difficult as putting a dress to a hungry bear.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #1025
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i am usually 20 steps ahead of the press general shanks. for instance, i am the one who said over 4 years ago that nole was the future #1.

you can always check with general viruzzz. he will gladly verify it.

by the way we have a new fed fan at the castle. you can meet him next time you are at the castle.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1026
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Nice title change.

I think 20 GS are possible, but 100 titles are probably out of reach. The problem is, if he aims for 100 titles he will need to play a lot of minor tournaments, and given his age, it will break down his body.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #1027
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I thought Nole will not take that next step but am glad he proved me wrong.

thanks general. Am checking in the Castle now.
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #1028
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

And this is how the quest for 20 began! RG 1999, ranked 111, got a WC into the MD, lost to Rafter in R1
"This is why this guy is going to be good for the game. He has this sort of arrogance, he's got a bit of a smile about him, he's gonna relate to crowds as his personality develops, as he gets more confident about his position on the professional circuit"

Last edited by coluta : 07-09-2012 at 10:24 PM.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #1029
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, the commentator said Roger would be good for the game. How true is that in hindsight!

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1030
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Just realised that's two consecutive tournaments that Reed got right. Maybe he's turned a corner
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #1031
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1032
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

20 slams seem to much.

hope he can achieve it great generalito.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #1033
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
20 slams seem to much.

hope he can achieve it great generalito.

believe it or not but he has actually uttered those words in the past.

he has thrown numbers like 18 and 20 around.

it gives the fed fans a great topic to discuss generalito.

i believe this will be the greatest visionary thread ever at MTF.

and we are giving it to the guy who has 17 majors.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #1034
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
believe it or not but he has actually uttered those words in the past.

he has thrown numbers like 18 and 20 around.

it gives the fed fans a great topic to discuss generalito.

i believe this will be the greatest visionary thread ever at MTF.

and we are giving it to the guy who has 17 majors.
I know but then he should have snatched a couple of more the past years.

which slams do you root for? the next 2, 3 RG's are Nadal's.

Best options are US Open and Wimbledon, although he has proven he can be good in Australia as well.

1 more US Open, 1 more Wimby and 1 more AUS Open. is it achievable?

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #1035
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

he can target the next 2 wimbledons generalito. grass is his best chance.

you and i predicted that he was going to win wimbledon ages ago. he understands grass the best. it is also the least demanding of all slams.

and then another one will have to come from somewhere else if it happens at all.