Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 68 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #1006
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Quest For 20 Slams and 100 Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Atleast Nadal can beat Joker in one of slams, and as i recall Federer last time beat Nadal in slam when?
They kind of have to meet in slams for that to happen, and curiously the last three (i.e. since 2008) have all been on Nadal's best surfaces (slow hard at AO, clay at RG). Imagine what a rivalry it would have been if Nadal was a good enough player off clay to have reached some USO finals (or some of the faster HC Masters).

Truthfully, it's a testament to Federer's brilliance that he was always in the finals on Nadal's best surface, but Nadal almost never was in his.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #1007
country flag jonheres

jonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond reputejonheres has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
it is for the fed fans.

post away and have fun.
Thank you! This thread is amazing!

I feel 20 slams are easier to achieve than 100 titles (if he doesnt make a change in his schedule, like playing more 250/500 from next year and on and dropping some masters ..)

Then again, yesterday he prooved that he still has some surpises left for tennis fans! He is above everything very smart and seems to be even more patient and wiser that before!

Cheers!
jonheres is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #1008
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Sick!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #1009
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonheres View Post
Thank you! This thread is amazing!

I feel 20 slams are easier to achieve than 100 titles (if he doesnt make a change in his schedule, like playing more 250/500 from next year and on and dropping some masters ..)

Then again, yesterday he prooved that he still has some surpises left for tennis fans! He is above everything very smart and seems to be even more patient and wiser that before!

Cheers!
cheers mate.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #1010
country flag SERBINATOR

SERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSERBINATOR has a reputation beyond repute

100 seems a long shot, possible but i think he will end up breaking Ivan Lendl's 94 as for Connors it seems a bit out of reach unless he starts playing those 250's like Connors himself did to reach 109 mark

as for slams, i always believed US open was and still is his Best shot to rack up more slams...so maybe 2 US and 1 wimby he can squeeze in...so realistically 20 seems more plausible than 100 at the moment
SERBINATOR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #1011
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

bump.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #1012
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

How about 200 slams and a 1000 titles?
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #1013
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the new title Clay Death. I feel 20 is out of reach personally, 19 is my maximum estimation with 1 USO and 1 Wimbledon. Though who knows for sure, I was becoming resigned to 16 at some points (Im ashamed).
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #1014
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Loving the new title Clay Death. I feel 20 is out of reach personally, 19 is my maximum estimation with 1 USO and 1 Wimbledon. Though who knows for sure, I was becoming resigned to 16 at some points (Im ashamed).
affirmative general.

new title is for the fed fans. now they can talk about both subjects.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #1015
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

jesus christ . this thread still going. delusion/jinxing at its best
Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #1016
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

20 maybe difficult. Really depends on his fitness and consistency if he can keep it up. Djokovic & Nadal are going to come back harder now hungry for more success.
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #1017
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Since this thread started (I believe it was after he won Rotterdam), Fed won Dubai, M1000 IW, M1000 Madrid and Wimbadannn.

Where's the jinx?

He returned to world number one and defeated players like Nadal, Djokovic, Murray (x2) during those tournaments I mentioned.

Where's the jinx?
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #1018
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Since this thread started (I believe it was after he won Rotterdam), Fed won Dubai, M1000 IW, M1000 Madrid and Wimbadannn.

Where's the jinx?

He returned to world number one and defeated players like Nadal, Djokovic, Murray (x2) during those tournaments I mentioned.

Where's the jinx?
This thread obviously cost him the RG crown

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #1019
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

this thread has even the press talking about the possibility of 100 titles.

general viruzzz it is your reponsibility to keep the spineless hate riddled ejacuzees out of this place.

this is a place for honest and objective fed fans to sit down and discuss all tennis matters as they relate to Fed.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #1020
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

I believe turning point was Fed beating Nadal at IW this year. First time he beat Nadal outdoors on hard since 2005 Miami! It was huge for his self confidence and belief.
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote